Rhino Atmos Blu Rays

Rhino records have announced a line of albums remixed in Dolby Atmos being released on Blu Ray Audio. No Madonna releases are included in the announcement. 

Anyone have any insider information on whether The Immaculate Collection may be released later on? It’s already been remixed in Atmos. 

42 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Rhino records have announced a line of albums remixed in Dolby Atmos being released on Blu Ray Audio. No Madonna releases are included in the announcement. 

Anyone have any insider information on whether The Immaculate Collection may be released later on? It’s already been remixed in Atmos. 

But it's a very basic Atmos setup, with only 4 channels instead of 6 (Left, Right, Rear Left, Rear Right; no Center channel and no LFE channel). Most Dolby Atmos tracks I've heard include all six channels with musical information. Maybe the Atmos mix of The Immaculate Collection isn't the standard for BD-Audio. I think many audiophiles would be very upset if they found a BD-Audio that only has music on 4 out of 6 channels.

8 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

But it's a very basic Atmos setup, with only 4 channels instead of 6 (Left, Right, Rear Left, Rear Right; no Center channel and no LFE channel). Most Dolby Atmos tracks I've heard include all six channels with musical information. Maybe the Atmos mix of The Immaculate Collection isn't the standard for BD-Audio. I think many audiophiles would be very upset if they found a BD-Audio that only has music on 4 out of 6 channels.

Rhino releases Quadio-mixes too, so maybe they can squeeze in Madonna there. :)

They seem to be rolling them out in phases, a few titles at a time. Hopefully it’ll be coming at some point.

I’m all for it, regardless of how good or worthwhile some might think it is. Get TIC out in any and every format possible. Get that 12x platinum!

1 hour ago, Celebration said:

Rhino releases Quadio-mixes too, so maybe they can squeeze in Madonna there. :)

Yeah, I saw that Rhino are going to make an announcement about Quadio tomorrow, July 26th. Hopefully they announce what Quadio is. I'm assuming it's 4-channels, so maybe The Immaculate Collection will be released as a Quadio. 

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Did you notice that TIC actually was 6 channels but 2 of them were silent? I wonder what's up with that.

5 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Did you notice that TIC actually was 6 channels but 2 of them were silent? I wonder what's up with that.

It's known as 'quadraphonic sound.' It's an improvement over stereo but has two fewer channels than a 5.1 setup. Check Vogue (Atmos Mix):

tefgFrQ.jpeg

Unfortunately, most people will not be able to truly experience the sound these Atmos albums put out being the sound systems that will play them can be quite expensive and it's just pretty confusing to most general listeners.  But I'm always rooting for better sound and technology when it comes to entertainment. :luv:

Music just doesn’t sound that good in atmos - it’s mostly meant for movies and the overhead channels are for sound effects so it never makes sense to me to have music in overhead channels - I’ve listened to jagged pill , Prince diamonds and pearls albums and to be honest they weren’t that great due to the limited instruments used - the only good one was air moon safari which did sound very good being an electronic album so all those sound effects flowed nicely - I think ROL would be a good one too 👍 TIC was just another lazy release from her team not thought out correctly- you can’t have empty channels on a 7 speaker set up 🥱🙄

28 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Music just doesn’t sound that good in atmos - it’s mostly meant for movies and the overhead channels are for sound effects so it never makes sense to me to have music in overhead channels - I’ve listened to jagged pill , Prince diamonds and pearls albums and to be honest they weren’t that great due to the limited instruments used - 

You’re mistaken. Multichannel sound appeared on vinyl and cassette long before CDs even existed. It might be that you’ve heard poor remasterings or don’t have the right equipment. There are hundreds of incredible multichannel recordings that make you never want to listen to the stereo version again, but there are also ones like 'Diamonds and Pearls' that have a horribly bad multichannel mix 

My05ODM0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Mi02MjA5LmpwZWc.jpeg

51 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Yeah, I saw that Rhino are going to make an announcement about Quadio tomorrow, July 26th. Hopefully they announce what Quadio is. I'm assuming it's 4-channels, so maybe The Immaculate Collection will be released as a Quadio. 

the DOOF is on the bass speaker 
the 'woo -oo' you can't hear is on these 

1 hour ago, Adonna said:

Unfortunately, most people will not be able to truly experience the sound these Atmos albums put out being the sound systems that will play them can be quite expensive and it's just pretty confusing to most general listeners.  But I'm always rooting for better sound and technology when it comes to entertainment. :luv:

I've never really felt the need to get a surround sound system for movies or music. I'm not really a movie buff, for one thing. But I just don't get it for music. I've bought all the 5.1 releases Queen did, but have never actually listened to them in 5.1. I'd buy TIC if it were released in Atmos or Quadio or whatever, but I'd never actually invest in buying a system with enough speakers to actually hear it correctly. 

6 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

I've never really felt the need to get a surround sound system for movies or music. I'm not really a movie buff, for one thing. But I just don't get it for music. I've bought all the 5.1 releases Queen did, but have never actually listened to them in 5.1. I'd buy TIC if it were released in Atmos or Quadio or whatever, but I'd never actually invest in buying a system with enough speakers to actually hear it correctly. 

Yeah, so things llike this I will take a pass on because I know I don't have the sound system that will allow me to hear it how it is intended.  I'm actually content with hearing things on my vinyl player and pretty decent but reasonably priced pair of speakers.  Though,  more props to those able to splurge and hear how it's intended.  :)

18 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Certainly, you've been led to believe that multichannel sound is only for movies, even though it actually existed for music long before it was used in films. And if you haven't experienced it—especially musically—it's understandable that you might not know what you're missing.

1 hour ago, clkelley39 said:

Quad-mixes were launched back in the 70's, and is music remixed to four speakers instead of two. It's early surround mixes.

The Quad mix of The Dark Side Of The Moon with Pink Floyd sounds incredible.

Now I have a whole bunch of records in 5.1 surround, and they are fantastic. You hear more details of the song that otherwise is buried in a stereo mix, and it elevates the listening expreience.

Like someone here said, Ray Of Light would sound fantastic in surround. 

Someone at Warner Canada said on some red carpet interview back in 2007-2008 that Madonna's back catalog was being remixed in 5.1, so hopefully there are surround mixes of her albums, and I really hope they'll show up on the future deluxe editions that we're waiting for. :)

46 minutes ago, Ian said:

they will only release Autotune Baby in Quad/DAtmos/5.1/7.1/QSoundmix

on silver vinyl -one for each mix-

:Madonna034:

M will charge 50 bucks each too

actual pic of M laughing all the way to the bank: :hallwaylaugh:

I can see this.  Sign me up 

3 minutes ago, Sprk said:

🤦🏼‍♂️

People may not yet understand that in real life, they hear various sounds from different sources, not just from 2 but even from 50 different sources when they are, for example, at a party. It's sad that they confuse the fact that humans have two ears with receiving sound from only two sources.

15 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

You’re mistaken. Multichannel sound appeared on vinyl and cassette long before CDs even existed. It might be that you’ve heard poor remasterings or don’t have the right equipment. There are hundreds of incredible multichannel recordings that make you never want to listen to the stereo version again, but there are also ones like 'Diamonds and Pearls' that have a horribly bad multichannel mix 

My05ODM0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Mi02MjA5LmpwZWc.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Sprk said:

🤦🏼‍♂️

u have more ?
where are they ??

Wait 'til you get to
"Consumer quadraphonic audio formats"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadraphonic_sound

there was no one format
which is why it never took off
Lou Reed tried with this system too
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_recording 

and here's another
"Japan-only CD-4 Discrete quadraphonic release"
https://www.discogs.com/release/5579457-Diana-Ross-Last-Time-I-Saw-Him
though you can buy stereo versions of it now
:dance:

44 minutes ago, A. A. Aardvark said:

though you can buy stereo versions of it now

Quadraphonic recordings on vinyl, cassette, or CD are always in STEREO, but the other two surround channels are matrix encoded. Therefore, you need a decoder.

Do you remember VHS with Dolby Surround sound? It uses the same system.

s-l1600.jpg.47eddd8bfd81ca5b5a52ba0b20e2a50a.jpg

It's now that technology allows each track to be discretely separated inexpensively (4.0, 5.1, 7.1, 9.2.4, etc, etc, etc) Sorry if I'm getting too technical. I have a simple 7.1 setup on my computer. It doesn't sound like the cinema, but it's effective enough and cheaply made (I also have an expensive professional Atmos decoder, but I still have it sealed because, for now, my PC setup is sufficient.).

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJWv7Z-o_0hlHcoi4Hz