Swae Lee is a Trumper

4 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I'm not talking about Trump (USA is not my country). I was talking about conservative gays because I know several, including my partner.

You replied to someone writing "A vote for a party that will strip your own rights is not smart." with "It’s simple: for those people, being gay is just a normal part of life, not the focus of their lives." That clearly is a different argument from 'that's true, but here's a right-wing party which respects LGBTQ rights so voting for that is ok for a gay person'. What's the right-wing party your conservative friends vote for?

2 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Saying gay its like saying heterosexual: it can include many many things.

Except it's not like saying you're heterosexual, because heterosexuality is illegal nowhere in the world, people don't get fired from jobs or abused on the street for being heterosexual, no-one has to tell people they're heterosexual and worry about the reaction and so on. No political party seeks to demonise heterosexuals *specifically* and attack their rights (there are parties which seek to attack e.g. reproductive rights, but only of women, not of heterosexuals generally).

7 minutes ago, Debord said:

You replied to someone writing "A vote for a party that will strip your own rights is not smart." with "It’s simple: for those people, being gay is just a normal part of life, not the focus of their lives." That clearly is a different argument from 'that's true, but here's a right-wing party which respects LGBTQ rights so voting for that is ok for a gay person'. What's the right-wing party your conservative friends vote for?

A right-wing party in Spain. Don’t worry, they don’t vote for the ultraconservative party.

10 minutes ago, Adonna said:

All I can say is I know my friends, and they all aren't looking to burn people at the stakes.  While they might be greatly mislead or misinformed, but not every Trump supporter is on that level of hatred as you are trying to paint. 

no, that's not what I'm saying.... but they are fully aware that the party they are voting for does want to burn people at the stake, and they are still making the choice to vote for them.

2 minutes ago, Debord said:

Except it's not like saying you're heterosexual, because heterosexuality is illegal nowhere in the world, people don't get fired from jobs or abused on the street for being heterosexual, no-one has to tell people they're heterosexual and worry about the reaction and so on. No political party seeks to demonise heterosexuals *specifically* and attack their rights (there are parties which seek to attack e.g. reproductive rights, but only of women, not of heterosexuals generally).

But in the sense that millions of people are gay and diferent between each other. Lets no simplify

1 minute ago, Drownedboy said:

But in the sense that millions of people are gay and diferent between each other. Lets no simplify

I'm not sure what that even means. Yes, everyone on planet earth is different. That doesn't mean things like homophobia, racism, misogyny aren't real, and the fact that you can inevitably find e.g. a gay person who supports a homophobic party doesn't mean that they can't be held responsible for that choice. As I say, if they want to defend it then they can try and defend it, cos we're all adults.

5 minutes ago, androiduser said:

no, that's not what I'm saying.... but they are fully aware that the party they are voting for does want to burn people at the stake, and they are still making the choice to vote for them.

Again, not everyone who is voting for him, believes this is gonna happen.  Let's keep in mind, they aren't the only side to embellish or use hyperbole to get attention.  I personally see your point, but I also know my friends and they aren't voting for Trump, to burn people at the stakes. They don't even believe that's what he's aiming for. 

1 minute ago, Adonna said:

Again, not everyone who is voting for him, believes this is gonna happen.  Let's keep in mind, they aren't the only side to embellish or use hyperbole to get attention.  I personally see your point, but I also know my friends and they are voting for Trump, to burn people at the stakes. They don't even believe that's what he's aiming for. 

But again, what people believe doesn't mean anything. If your friends are voting for Trump and denying he's anti-LGBTQ, they're just wrong.

Just now, Debord said:

No but I'm not from the USA either. I'm very politically engaged and I pay attention to world politics.

As I said, they vote for a right-wing party in Spain. Don’t worry, they don’t vote for the two ultraconservative parties (which are really dangerous for gay people).

3 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

As I said, they vote for a right-wing party in Spain. Don’t worry, they don’t vote for the two ultraconservative parties (which are really dangerous for gay people).

I just find it weird that you won't say which party. The People's Party certainly doesn't have a strong recent record, with its willingness to go into coalition with the far-right, campaigning to restrict trans rights and rolling back LGBTQ protections in Madrid.

1 minute ago, Debord said:

I just find it weird that you won't say which party. The People's Party certainly doesn't have a strong recent record, with its willingness to go into coalition with the far-right, campaigning to restrict trans rights and rolling back LGBTQ protections in Madrid.

As you can understand, I’m not going to discuss how politics works in my country because it’s much more complex than summarizing it in a single sentence. And that’s the damn problem—trying to reduce something to black and white with four sentences.

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

As you can understand, I’m not going to discuss how politics works in my country because it’s much more complex than summarizing it in a single sentence. And that’s the damn problem—trying to reduce something to black and white with four sentences.

Summarising the recent history of a political party on a particular issue is not 'reducing something to black and white', it's just stating things that have actually happened. The 'damn problem' is people thinking that their political choices are akin to stanning a pop star and that it's all entirely subjective, when political parties have actual policies and actual stances and have actual real-life consequences for people.

Just now, adirondak said:

IMG_0766.webp

IMG_0765.jpeg

What point do you even think you're making here? If those guys responded to factual criticism of Kamala Harris by saying 'don't judge me, this is my belief' then my words would equally apply. They don't mean 'people should never reference pop culture with regards to politics'. Hope that's cleared that up for you.

3 minutes ago, Debord said:

What point do you even think you're making here? If those guys responded to factual criticism of Kamala Harris by saying 'don't judge me, this is my belief' then my words would equally apply. They don't mean 'people should never reference pop culture with regards to politics'. Hope that's cleared that up for you.

Oh, I thought you said the problem is people treated politics like stanning a pop star. I’m pretty sure that’s what’s in your quote? Anyway, I fully agree. 

Just now, adirondak said:

Oh, I thought you said people treated politics like stanning a pop star. I’m pretty sure that’s what’s in your quote?

I'm sorry you apparently didn't understand the sentence. The second part of it was "...and that it's all entirely subjective, when political parties have actual policies and actual stances and have actual real-life consequences for people." I thought that made it pretty clear that I was saying stanning a pop star = entirely subjective, our political choices = not entirely subjective, but I'm happy to explain it to you again.

1 minute ago, Debord said:

I'm sorry you apparently didn't understand the sentence. The second part of it was "...and that it's all entirely subjective, when political parties have actual policies and actual stances and have actual real-life consequences for people." I thought that made it pretty clear that I was saying stanning a pop star = entirely subjective, our political choices = not entirely subjective, but I'm happy to explain it to you again.

IMG_0767.gif