Roy

The official live album releases are:

Im going to tell you a great 

The confessions tour 

Sticky and Sweet 

Mdna

Rebel Heart 

Mx 

Out of those i would say Igttyas and Confessions... The others are to polished.

But when some in the comments say Drowned World, Girlie Show, Virgin Tour, are y'all talk about actual tour footage including video? 

Things like this are so unclear to me lol, i have deezer instead of Spotify and there are plenty of unoficial " live albums " on there like Girlie Show from Japan and Australia, Who's that girl tour Tokyo, Blond ambition Dallas, those are Radio Broadcasts, do they count as live albums? Those radio Broadcasts all sounds pretty good and raw to me, no editing there or am i wrong. And there's an album " The party is right here" , its blond ambition but from what date?.. 

Deezer puts them all under " live albums " with none to minimum information about them... 

36 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Even with most of them being... made by third parties???

(Sorry Dave I am only referring to the things that were sold to you by THAT SCAMMER M COLLECTOR... I know you are the top of the tops among M fans - for years along, be sure!)

Yes I don't give a rats ass about that part. It's actually the least of my concern. It's just music not something important or serious like cancer or something. It's something for fun. My faves are the DWT Soundboard the 2009 Sticky and Sweet Rehearsal those celebration studios version ect.. . All of them get played. They sound amazing and love revisiting the tours without all them gays screaming singing along and cheering lol. Also more of a fan of studio vocals versus live vocals

3 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

That blond ambition Dallas broadcast sounds awesome btw, i think it's my favorite after Japan ( the tour with video) or is there an audio only from Japan to? Lol sorry for all those questions 

Dallas and Yokohama have an incredible sound, you can really feel the live vibe. All the others from BA have more kind of "studio" mixes

12 hours ago, Roy said:

I wanna know from y'all: what's the gold standard for a Madonna live audio in terms of mixing?

Personally, it is a tie between Confessions Tour (stereo version) and the Madame X Live film. They sound incredible and gives so much depth to the songs performed.

The 5.1 surround sound version of Confessions Tour was an incredible let down because it lacked so much bass. I think someone forgot to crack it up when mixing it.

i hate too much bass, neutral is not ok too, i prefer like JAZZ EQ or something where the mids are prominent then the highs then the lows that are not overwhelming.... i hate the reverb it hurts my ears

17 hours ago, DiegoLCL said:

I'm Going to Tell You a Secret and Confessions Tour are solid. S&S is good but butched by the abysmal choice to clean up the vocals.
I HATE MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X, they feel plastic, karaoke-ish, the vocals are all over the place...

Now, of course if we're couting the video only releases the best one is Drowned World, the show itself was a little cold but the mixing and her vocals are great.
Ciao Italia is great too. Girlie Show is good but the mixings is a little off (that loud guitar on Deeper and Deeper :suffer:) although the LD is better.

Madame X sounds wayyy better than MDNA and RHT, for me. Obvious dubbing but it worked wonders.

11 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

That blond ambition Dallas broadcast sounds awesome btw, i think it's my favorite after Japan ( the tour with video) or is there an audio only from Japan to? Lol sorry for all those questions 

Dallas soundboard sounds amazing but it is butchered by edits and fake crowds. :(

52 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Is the soundboard the same as the broadcast? On deezer it says official radio Broadcast

Sorry, it is a radio broadcast, not a soundboard.

4 hours ago, Roy said:

Speeches are edited, PDP's outro is shortened and there's a lot of fake crowd added in.

And what about Madonna Tokyo, it's a who's that girl tour broadcast. I think that one sounds pretty good to. So those are all unoficial? Sorry for all the questions 

On 8/1/2024 at 8:33 PM, Prayer said:

Actually "The Virgin Tour" is such a perfect mix and sounds completely real and live even though it's not. We only need to compare the bootlegs or news footage videos with the final product.

She's been tweaking her live releases since day one and we love a perfectionist queen.

The Virgin Tour vocals were redone in the studio?

22 minutes ago, PhysicalAttraction said:

The Virgin Tour vocals were redone in the studio?

Nothing too crazy, but there were definitely tweaks for the official release and some kind of studio mixing. Let's compare the original footage from news and bootlegs:

With the final released product:

It's way more polished. Could be just the nature of an official release, but...

Also, in the VHS credits we can see:

LTM5ODAuanBlZw.jpeg

"Music Produced by Madonna and Patrick Leonard" - which could mean they produced the whole audio in studio?

There's also the Christopher Ciccone story about that tour on his book: that she was already out of breath by the third song and that's why for her second tour she started training, running and so, to be on top form physically. We can't see any of that "out of breath" issues on the "Virgin" official release honestly.

Of course this is not meant to be shady or an attack to her or whatever. One thing I like about her is that she always wants to present her tours for the official releases in the best form possible - at least from her point of view.