Madonna’s opening costume was last minute replacement

One of the guys who worked on the tour handling the costumes revealed that the Nothing Really Matters costume was a last minute idea/change, right before opening night. I wonder what the original costume was. He posted this on Instagram. I wish I could find it. He was actually thanking the people behind the kimono. 

1 hour ago, drivebitch said:

One of the guys who worked on the tour handling the costumes revealed that the Nothing Really Matters costume was a last minute idea/change, right before opening night. I wonder what the original costume was. He posted this on Instagram. I wish I could find it. He was actually thanking the people behind the kimono. 

This is Samuel Ososki's post on Instagram detailing how the Nothing Really Matters kimono was replaced last minute. He is a costume designer and he was also the head tailor for the Celebration tour.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9Nx6MhvWoz/?img_index=1

Honestly, I think this huge black lace ball gown by Guram Gvasalia for Vetements was meant to open this section. This has not been confirmed, but I think this costume also aligns seamlessly with the first section. It echoes her preferred fabric from her "boy toy" era, while also giving her an ethereal, goddess-like appearance. With her third eye on her forehead, she gazes upon the audience, "looking at the past with the eyes of the future," (wink, wink) and states her universal truth. Veronica Electronica would have approved this!

2024-08-01 (1).png

Edited by didem (see edit history)

Oh @didem watching this Gvasalia gown I TRULY (I always put 'truly' in CAPS here on forum due to a very well established tradition, but tis a long story) believe why they did the kimono change only at very last minute. M rly TRIED to make this happen. THANK the Powers that Be that it would've never worked tho.

• 4 weeks later...