💤 Susan Thomas’ Nap Time 💤

11 hours ago, Curtains said:

Previously unreleased demos:

-Survival (original version by Dallas Austin)

-Something's Coming Over (original version by Shep Pettibone)

-I'd Rather Be Your Lover (original version feat. 2pac)

-Keep On (original version by Dallas Austin)

-I Will Always Have You (original version by Shep Pettibone)

-Sanctuary (original version by Dallas Austin)

-Honesty (original version by Dallas Austin)

Don’t Stop (original version by Dallas Austin)

Forbidden Love (original version by Babyface)

Inside of Me (original version by Dave Hall)

LOVE this rumour! My favorite remix of Secret is the one done by Bizarre. I find it addictive, so good :heart:. I don't think it was ever issued on a commercial 12'' release at the time, was it? I think the Take A Bow remixes are all a snoozefest, so I wish it got a different treatment... an orchestral version maybe? The song has a beautiful production, I am sure they have the stems to fuck around :lol: As for Bedtime Story, it's so hard to decide which version is the best! The Junior Vasquez mixes are all good and the Orbital one that she used in RIT is extraordinary. Maybe an official edit of the latter will be included. Human Nature got these Danny Tenaglia mixes which are fun too, especially for voguing.

As for demos or exclusive songs not included in the original 1994 edition. My bets are Let Down Your Guard which was strangely omitted from the Secret digital EP released in 2020; Your Honesty which was already issued on Remixed & Revisited, but I don't really think that EP is ever been re-released on vinyl so this should be the perfect chance to get it on a physical 12''. The set can be completed with the unreleased I'd Rather Be Your Lover mix featuring Madonna and Tupac... who passed away in 1996. And the last track... hmmm, a surprise, maybe? An alternate and more polished mix of Love Won't Wait before it was given away in 1997.

Dreaming is for free :rainbow:

46 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Don’t Stop (original version by Dallas Austin)

Forbidden Love (original version by Babyface)

Inside of Me (original version of Dave Hall)

Yes I did mention Keep On, which is the earlier name of Don't Stop.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I honestly don't expect all of the Pettibone sessions to be included as part of these 6 demos. If anything I wouldn't be surprised if some of these tracks are already released B-Sides.

Here's what they could pull from from what we know:

Previously released, rare tracks:

-Let Down Your Guard

-Freedom

-Your Honesty

Previously unreleased tracks:

-Love Won't Wait (prod. by Shep Pettibone)

-Bring It (prod. by Shep Pettibone)

-Goodtime (prod. by Shep Pettibone)

-Tongue Tied (prod. by Shep Pettibone)

-Right on Time (prod. by Dallas Austin)

Previously unreleased demos:

-Survival (original version by Dallas Austin)

-Something's Coming Over (original version by Shep Pettibone)

-I'd Rather Be Your Lover (original version feat. 2pac)

-Keep On (original version by Dallas Austin)

-I Will Always Have You (original version by Shep Pettibone)

-Sanctuary (original version by Dallas Austin)

-Honesty (original version by Dallas Austin)

Thanks (so excited for this!!).

I have the same infos, just I read about two more Pettibone tracks called "The Bed Book" and "Bee Boo Boo Bop". I don't know if it's true but that's what I read as confirmed along the years :cute:

6 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

So if this is gonna be similar to the American Life Mixshow should we just expect that this is what they meant by "expansive deluxe editions" instead of what I was picturing in my mind, which is what Prince's Estate is doing with his albums. If so... Im a little upset. Or do you think these are the album with not enough releasable material to make something bigger and so they just do these little things? I mean, it's still cute... Im not shitting on it. Just..... I wanted a 300 dollar proper box set with perhaps physical items and photos and behind the music type stuff. 

I think this is probably more considered  "unique releases" based on the original press release rather it being part of the "deluxe re-issues" of "landmark albums".   I'm not sure what's going on with the latter, but I'm still hopeful something of the "Deluxe re-issues" might come with LAV 40th anniversary.  We'll just have to wait to see though.  My guess is; the expansive releases probably are more time consuming and not as easy to put together as these smaller 'unique' releases. 

That being said, if this is in reminisces of American Life Mix Show.  I'm all in.  I loved that release.  And the 'Mixshow" is still readily available, so obviously they are expecting to sell beyond RSD release as well. :)

12 hours ago, rayofciccone said:

Just seen this on Instagram, apparently a Bedtime Stories 30th Anniversary vinyl is due for Record Store Day Black Friday 2024, list announcement October 1st so we will see

IMG_7330.thumb.jpeg.f40a20dfb2c1875741860dd92147ac12.jpeg

EDIT: credit to user @deathproofas he posted it about previously under the thread about Madonna and Warner’s partnership.

Hmmm IDK the wording is unusual. if its 8 tracks, 6 of which are unreleased demos and mixes, why put 2 other previously released songs?  like "here's 6 songs you didnt have and we threw in Secret & Take a Bow just for shits"

that doesnt make any sense.

why not just the unreleased stuff? and if it has 2 previously released songs, why just 2? why not the 4 songs that were singles? but at that point just do the entire album, how/why do you pick 2 other random songs? 

14 minutes ago, wonderboy said:

Hmmm IDK the wording is unusual. if its 8 tracks, 6 of which are unreleased demos and mixes, why put 2 other previously released songs?  like "here's 6 songs you didnt have and we threw in Secret & Take a Bow just for shits"

that doesnt make any sense.

why not just the unreleased stuff? and if it has 2 previously released songs, why just 2? why not the 4 songs that were singles? but at that point just do the entire album, how/why do you pick 2 other random songs? 

It’s obvious they’ll he rare releases like Freedom and Let Down Your Guard. Idt they’ll include a track already widely available but who knows. 

Im so excited for this but so fucking confused. Why is Bedtime Stories getting the first unreleased set and not any “LANDMARK” album. I understand those will be a massive release but how are they not ready yet given it’s been 3 years and her 40th already passed and 40th of LAV is approaching. Those were massive albums not BS :dead:

4 hours ago, dylanlioncourt said:

Probably already as we speak.

1. Human Nature (Dub)
2. Human Nature (Tracy Young Express Yourself Remix)
3. Let Down Your Guard (Smooth Mix)
4. Human Nature (Live From Celebration Tour)
5. Bedtime Story (Instrumental with some vocals left in) (fan RIP from YouTube)
6. Inside of Me (Acapella)
7. Human Nature (Slowed Down Mix)
8. Your Honesty  (2024 Remaster) 

9. Let Down Your Guard (Reverb + Chewing Noises Relaxing Version)

:cryin:

Bonus track is in bold font! For your info!:hearteyes: 

And then maybe Human Nature (Nature Mix - The Love Is Nature Mix but edited to 2 minutes 

• RUADJAI changed the title to 💤 Susan Thomas’ Nap Time 💤