Madonna fans: Did Madonna have the best superbowl half time show ever?

Tudors

Michael Jackson is the best.

Why? Because he made the Super Bowl halftime show what it is. Before that it was just a bunch of Disney bullshit. After MJ it became a mini concert in the middle of the game.

But if we’re talking the last 10 years then yes, Madonna is the best by far. It’s really gone downhill these past few years too.

I think it was the best VISUALLY, and Madonna is -above all- a visual artist. Maybe it was a bit over-the-top or pretentious, but it was amazing anyway. Should I make any critique, it'd be it was cold and souless.

No. Michael, Prince, Beyonce and Shakira.

Her entrance and "Vogue" are absolute 100% perfection. One of the greatest M moment ever. Flawless!

And the rest is....there.

The guests. The setlist. I just....

Over It Lol GIF by Lifetime

Her sets for the SB, Eurovision, and Pride would have all been insane with any prior eras and no one can convince me otherwise. 

To me.. 1.Shakira She should have done it alone,she can't sing all the hits she have there in america ..even 3 years later she achieved two top ten on Billboard, the show should have been that year

2.katy ..wow, almost nothing "Bad" to say

3.Madonna 

I know that MDNA is a journey from darkness to light, but I felt too much darkness, and I know that Madonna has an infinite number of hits and it is a short show, but I felt a lack of songs,snippets like Hung Up, La Isla Bonita..

Have to agree that she could have made her show better by including more recognizable hits. GMAYL could have at least been performed as an edit and still had the same impact. It did not need to be that long. Vogue and Like a Prayer were incredible. The rest was just ok. However, she raised the bar for how halftime shows were performed. There is a very clear distinction between the pre-Madonna and post-Madonna halftime shows. 

If I could have picked the setlist:

Vogue

Hung Up / Music (medley)

Into the Groove

GMAYL (edit)

Like a Prayer

It's the best. Point blank. It was a memorable performance that had 4 distinct sections like her tours do. Memorable moments unlike a lot of artists whose songs just run together. I've seen Beyonce's, Katy's, Gaga's super bowls many times and still can't tell you what songs were played in what order. 

Maybe looking back LMFAO is dated... but at the time it roped in the kids who were watching who knew who these guys were. It was a smart business move. It also allowed young and old to bond over the same moment and brought the lyrics to life of music making the people come together. 

She did two of her biggest hits, MUSIC, and IMHO a song she wrote FOR the Super Bowl. Not only that, a song that basically tells Gaga to Fuck Off while simultaneously incorporating an audience chant for them to cheer for her and not her opponent. It was smart, it was subtle, it was a boss bitch move also considering it was the only promotion of the album... the biggest stage in the US, reaching far more people in one swoop than any promo tour would have done. 

Any fault you can find with it was not found while watching it the first time/while it was happening. Everyone was impressed and singing her praises after she got sucked into hell at the end. Because she threw that baton higher, further, and faster than any baton has ever flown before... wait... what?

10 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

It's the best. Point blank. It was a memorable performance that had 4 distinct sections like her tours do. Memorable moments unlike a lot of artists whose songs just run together. I've seen Beyonce's, Katy's, Gaga's super bowls many times and still can't tell you what songs were played in what order. 

Maybe looking back LMFAO is dated... but at the time it roped in the kids who were watching who knew who these guys were. It was a smart business move. It also allowed young and old to bond over the same moment and brought the lyrics to life of music making the people come together. 

She did two of her biggest hits, MUSIC, and IMHO a song she wrote FOR the Super Bowl. Not only that, a song that basically tells Gaga to Fuck Off while simultaneously incorporating an audience chant for them to cheer for her and not her opponent. It was smart, it was subtle, it was a boss bitch move also considering it was the only promotion of the album... the biggest stage in the US, reaching far more people in one swoop than any promo tour would have done. 

Any fault you can find with it was not found while watching it the first time/while it was happening. Everyone was impressed and singing her praises after she got sucked into hell at the end. Because she threw that baton higher, further, and faster than any baton has ever flown before... wait... what?

Everything that followed her is not as good. The last decent one was imo Gaga. It’s gotten worse and cheaper since then. Rihanna was particularly bad. I didn’t even bother watching Usher.

Part of it is imo the fact that they will pretty much let anyone with a few hits do it now. It used to be a slot for icons only.