Madonna LIKE A PRAYER (Deadpool) EP OUT NOW!!

16 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Why ? It was number 1 in 1989 and no one listend to the radio anymore 

Why not? Her getting back to the UK Top 40 would be wonderful exposure and an accomplishment 35 years later, would bring attention to her back catalogue and maybe push her and Warner to finally give us the reissues with unreleased material.

OK probably not, but wouldn't hurt anyway!

By the way the UK chart never reflected radio success and was always based on sales, now it's sales + streaming. Radio doesn't play any part there :-)

On 8/10/2024 at 5:01 AM, Prayer said:

We've commented on other topics in the past. The "Celebration" version is a slowed down/pitched down version of the original, for some reason (using a different source or adjusting it in the remastering), it's slightly slower than the original album version and that's what causes Spotify to not recognize them automatically as the same version and not merge streams between them unless Warner eventually asks for it.

I recommend listening with headphones to appreciate the difference:

It's veeeeery subtle and most people won't notice and/or care, but the "Celebration" version is not right.

I would have used the 7" version:

Madonna is a fool for not having it on the soundtrack. The algorithms it would have sparked for her and the recommendations in people’s release radar or tailored playlists would have been huge. Especially if the track was after Bye Bye Bye in the playlist. 
Another shot in the foot from her team. Incidental streams work miracles on these platforms. She’s her own worst enemy at times when she thinks she’s being a boss bitch or different. Her Middle aged stubborn streak shows no sign of letting up as she moves into her pension years. 

On 8/10/2024 at 1:26 AM, Craigypants said:

I never buy or listen to iTunes versions. They are only 226 KPS or something. That is not a lossless recording no matter what Apple claims.

its 16 Bits & 1411 for CDs. 24 bits For Hi Res or Vinyl.

I know where to get a flac  file or wav for this and I'm not paying. I have spent thousands of dollars on Madonna. I'm sure most of us have.

iTunes versions are encoded in 256 kbps AAC. According to most sources, 256 kbps AAC is slightly superior to 320 kbps MP3, while at least one source claims the opposite.

@Aiwa08 @EgoRod

8 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

iTunes versions are encoded in 256 kbps AAC. According to most sources, 256 kbps AAC is slightly superior to 320 kbps MP3, while at least one source claims the opposite.

@Aiwa08 @EgoRod

As far as I know, 256 kbps AAC is superior to 320 kbps MP3, but it's still a lossy codec. I prefer FLAC or WAV

3 hours ago, Javi13 said:

UK ITunes #9

Battle Royal Mix #33

iTunes Spain #2 =

IMG_5964.jpeg

Thanks for your updated chart posts.  It's interesting to see how on the UK chart both her album version and Deadpool/Wolverine version are charting. Also, it's nice to see Uk/Europe showing her some love. :party:

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Madonna is a fool for not having it on the soundtrack. The algorithms it would have sparked for her and the recommendations in people’s release radar or tailored playlists would have been huge. Especially if the track was after Bye Bye Bye in the playlist. 
Another shot in the foot from her team. Incidental streams work miracles on these platforms. She’s her own worst enemy at times when she thinks she’s being a boss bitch or different. Her Middle aged stubborn streak shows no sign of letting up as she moves into her pension years. 

Honey, her middle age was quite awhile back 😂 she’s a stubborn senior now 

Just noticed that on the US Itunes over all 200 Chart 4 versions of LAP are charting.  All three tracks from the EP are in the top 200 as well as the version directly from the album.

#22 Like A Prayer  DEADPOOL/WOLVERINE EP

#74 Like A Prayer  LIKE A PRAYER LP

#78 Like A Prayer Choir Version from DEADPOOL/WOLVERINE EP

#99 Like A Prayer (Battle Royale Mix) from DEADPOOL/WOLVERINE EP

On the US ITUNES POP chart, the four are charting respectably @ #6, #16, #17, and #22

9 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Just noticed that on the US Itunes over all 200 Chart 4 versions of LAP are charting.  All three tracks from the EP are in the top 200 as well as the version directly from the album.

#22 Like A Prayer  DEADPOOL/WOLVERINE EP

#74 Like A Prayer  LIKE A PRAYER LP

#78 Like A Prayer Choir Version from DEADPOOL/WOLVERINE EP

#99 Like A Prayer (Battle Royale Mix) from DEADPOOL/WOLVERINE EP

On the US ITUNES POP chart, the four are charting respectably @ #6, #16, #17, and #22

I think #74 is Celebration version 

8 minutes ago, Javi13 said:

I think #74 is Celebration version 

Just checked again, it's the LP version from the album.  However, just in the matter of our posts, all four versions have jumped up a few spots.

Now the Choir version is at #74, the version from the LIKE A PRAYER LP is now at #71, Battle Royale Version is at #96 and the LP version from the Deadpool/Wolverine is now #21! :)

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

She’s her own worst enemy at times when she thinks she’s being a boss bitch or different. Her Middle aged stubborn streak shows no sign of letting up as she moves into her pension years. 

Since the MDNA era her “think outside the box” mentality has been a hindrance at times. It’s the kind of thing that works better when you’re closer in proximity to your peak, not when you’ve reached the point where you need all the help you can get.

Are people still crying over the poured milk? Goddamn. Go stan Taylor or someone else who's addicted to the charts if you still feel disappointed to Madonna after all these years. And they have the nerve to call me the "worst troll ever," I got it, people talk about their mirror's view!!!

On 8/10/2024 at 12:00 PM, Adonna said:

This is very likely true.  I also think that Madonna and her team anticipated that this film will blow up and they wanted to stand out, rather be thrown in with a bunch of other artists of a soundtrack.  Making these releases separate from the soundtrack seems very strategic and done very smartly. 

I think if that’s the case it should have been the first thing released. Not last.