Madonna LIKE A PRAYER (Deadpool) EP OUT NOW!!

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's amazing how literally EVERYONE is involved in this except for her.

Not even a single story on Instagram, nothing.

Trolldona at her best!

Have you seen anything from Kate Bush socials while Stranger Things was making a hit out of Running Up That Hill? No. She said yes to the music supervisor 1 or 2 years prior and then she did nothing but cash in and finally did interviews where she said it was unexpected (lol) and nice to have new listeners.

The thing with these reissues/remixes/syncs is that they are NOT aimed at the regular fanbase. Posting a story on M's IG would do nothing for streams, it would just be more views for IG. And neither M or WB care for that.

So they're letting the momentum flow with whoever has an appeal to the targeted audiences, aka Marvel fans and pop culture enthusiasts.

So yes, someone will be performing LAP at D23 and TikTok will be full of LAP dance challenges because that's how you handle such a release in 2024.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, PlayPause said:

Have you seen anything from Kate Bush socials while Stranger Things was making a hit out of Running Up That Hill? No. She said yes to the music supervisor 1 or 2 years prior and then she did nothing but cash in and finally did interviews where she said it was unexpected (lol) and nice to have new listeners.

The thing with these reissues/remixes/syncs is that they are NOT aimed at the regular fanbase. Posting a story on M's IG would do nothing for streams, it would just be more views for IG. And neither M or WB care for that.

So they're letting the momentum flow with whoever has an appeal to the targeted audiences, aka Marvel fans and pop culture enthusiasts.

So yes, someone will be performing LAP at D23 and TikTok will be full of LAP dance challenges because that's how you handle such a release in 2024.

Thank you.

Question would be: have you seen anything from Kate Bush socials AT ALL? No xd

I don't know, she has a new EP release, linked to biggest the movie of the season, but somehow it's too much to ask for her to post on her socials about it? Are we for real?

She posted about "Frozen" Sickick release and "Back That Up To The Beat". She posted about most of the digital singles reissues (until the whole campaign started to get f**ked up somehow).

It's literally asking for the minimum. That's what social media is for. She doesn't even have to do it herself, of course, but Delabarre, cause that's what he's there for.

It's a little bit tiring trying to explain every time why her team isn't handling this the way it should be handled. But I guess if she doesn't care and most of her hardcore fans don't either, then the ones we do maybe should check out? Cause what's the point anyway. We don't work for her.

But I don't wanna see any complaints then when she releases a new song from a new album and it flops, though. Cause it's all part of the same scheme. The exposure this opportunity would give her and they're not using in full would do wonders for any new future release.

And that would be all.

Thank you.

Question would be: have you seen anything from Kate Bush socials AT ALL? No xd

I don't know, she has a new EP release, linked to biggest the movie of the season, but somehow it's too much to ask for her to post on her socials about it? Are we for real?

She posted about "Frozen" Sickick release and "Back That Up To The Beat". She posted about most of the digital singles reissues (until the whole campaign started to get f**ked up somehow).

It's literally asking for the minimum. That's what social media is for. She doesn't even have to do it herself, of course, but Delabarre, cause that's what he's there for.

It's a little bit tiring trying to explain every time why her team isn't handling this the way it should be handled. But I guess if she doesn't care and most of her hardcore fans don't either, then the ones we do maybe should check out? Cause what's the point anyway. We don't work for her.

But I don't wanna see any complaints then when she releases a new song from a new album and it flops, though. Cause it's all part of the same scheme. The exposure this opportunity would give her and they're not using in full would do wonders for any new future release.

And that would be all.

Thank you.

This is more or less what I said recently! At this point I think they didn’t even consider the possibility that this could take off from the movie if handled right. She probably wasn’t even aware it could happen bc her team didn’t have the foresight. Yet another example of their ineptitude. The press about LAP in the movie was in hindsight probably more about saying, “her holiness granted them her song for their movie” than building up hype for it to take off. At best they figured they’d milk it for some vinyl sales.

Nothing was strategized. Nothing’s streamlined. She posted about it once (and when she did she used the damn 7” remix edit, not even any version associated w/the movie :rip:). When they finally attached LAP to D&W they use the least streamed version, not the one that already had momentum. Nobody knows what they’re doing.

After reading the post in another thread about how the borderline ep upload was messed up and the 7” version/remix was supposed to be the actual original 7” version but they uploaded the wrong one and couldn’t figure out how to correct it, I have no hope that they’ll ever manual merge or clean up her spotify page. They prob don’t even know how to.

Frozen" Sickick release and "Back That Up To The Beat"

were HER projects.

Not this movie.

Don't try and argue with me. It's not a question of "minimum" but (again) "momentum": the hype is with the movie so her savvy management and herself would rather reap those new listeners than hammer anything for herself yet.

She's not here to push one of her biggest songs and she doesn't have anything to prove like "yey, I'm in a Marvel movie". The question is: how many people from the audience will give a listen on Spotify? It's not about her Instagram.

She'll probably post something about it when it reaches some threshold aka "maximum".

30 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

were HER projects.

Not this movie.

Don't try and argue with me. It's not a question of "minimum" but (again) "momentum": the hype is with the movie so her savvy management and herself would rather reap those new listeners than hammer anything for herself yet.

She's not here to push one of her biggest songs and she doesn't have anything to prove like "yey, I'm in a Marvel movie". The question is: how many people from the audience will give a listen on Spotify? It's not about her Instagram.

She'll probably post something about it when it reaches some threshold aka "maximum".

Please. To argue you'd need to have a proper point, first of all.

Do you even have any strong argument to defend your point? Cause I can't find any.

Her own fans defending that she does nothing when linked to the biggest movie of the Summer. OK. As I said, enjoy then when she gets nothing when she releases HER project next.

This is HER project too, by the way. As far as I see she's credited as the artist (not on track 3, another messy step of her team and label) and it's her song. It's HER EP.

We're not talking about the movie now, we're talking about the EP she's just released that goes along with the movie and should have been released three weeks ago by the way.

Marvel didn't release the EP: Warner did. Her label. Her.

She's always used big opportunities like this as a link between her albums or to try to bring back general public. This, a perfect chance for both goals, and M camp simply doesn't seem to care.

Who should care about this release then, Tove Lo? Kylie? Mad'House?

I understand everyone's frustration with Madonna and her team, I feel the same. Personally I don't think Madonna gives a shit these days and her team are beyond useless, I blame Madonna, she's in charge but I don't think she really knows what she's doing anymore. She needs to employ people that know what they're doing and have a passion for it. Not gonna happen though is it 🤷

2 hours ago, PHIL said:

i agree

let the others do their job. it is fantastic exposure, but no need to push it like crazy from her management. they save their power for her projects. i mean, this is one of the view chances for n'sync to gain such a monumentum, good for them! push it. madonna has other goals.

Totally agree.  It's getting the biggest exposure ever from the film.  Nothing is better than that, other than her performing it at some high profile public event everyone would be watching.   Madonna needn't to make a mention on her social media.  It's everywhere.  People are aware of it.  Yeah, she could mention it, but I don't believe it will move the needle anymore than it has.  I think releasing the Playlist this past week was spot on. They gave the song a few weeks with the film exposure and then, took that interest by releasing the EP. 

2 hours ago, Scottyx said:

her words. her melody. there is no way she is not getting money from every track. 

Of course not, she and Pat Lenoard will get paid.  It's no different than any other person covering her songs. :)

I've said this many times by this point but I really don't know what a lot of folk expect for an artist like Madonna. Her last tour did amazingly. Her streaming numbers are better than most of her peers. She featured on a big song last year and now her music in the biggest movie of the year. People didn't even know the Deadpool thing had been arranged a few weeks ago and now are having fits about how they think it should have been played. Chill out! Madonna is a woman about to turn 66 with nothing to prove.

People need to calm down - so what if the song isn’t number 1 over the world or doing well on streaming - it’s a fucking old song that had its success and will forever be immortalised as one of her finest moments - just because the masses aren’t streaming who seriously gives a fuck - her team are useless at most of her marketing now and just give us scraps to feast on - move on FFS and just accept it 🙄🥱

I'm impressed how this is still a hot topic especially now that the movie has surpassed 1 billion.

I can imagine her team going "WHAT THE FUCK DO WE DO NOW!!!!!!???" realizing they're in a platform with an active audience who spends their $$ on video games, cosplay costumes, and Disney/Marvel memorabilia. and to some have never heard any of her music.

While she (Madonna) is in Italy probably downing her 3rd bottle of rose.

14 hours ago, MikeyK said:

This is more or less what I said recently! At this point I think they didn’t even consider the possibility that this could take off from the movie if handled right. She probably wasn’t even aware it could happen bc her team didn’t have the foresight.

It may seem that way but I find that hard to imagine they could be that clueless. Perhaps they anticipated that it would take off by “accident” like a Kate Bush thing and assumed that there was nothing much they needed to do? To me it all seemed deliberately set up that way, that her team had sought this out and the story about her giving “notes” was just a PR story. But since it hasn’t really done much now I’m doubtful.

I understand everyone’s frustration here with how her team mishandled this, but also I don’t think a push from her would change the situation.

Comparing it to A Deal With God feels weird, Kate Bush was under the radar for decades, before it blew up on Stranger Things. The pandemic was ravaging, and everyone needed a lift up also, and how it was framed in the series was just ideal for that. But Like A Prayer never really went away anywhere. She just performed it in front of 1,5 million people, she did it on Eurovision, on almost every tour in the last 20 years, Super Bowl… it was also on The Idol, just last year. It’s a gold standard by now and of the most recognised and well loved songs… like ever.

As Bye Bye Bye, it’s also a completely different situation? Kids on Tik Tok are hungry for anything Y2K these days, also they are in a ripe age to get nostalgic for their childhoods, of course it’s doing big.

Let’s just take it for what it is - a cute nod to our Queen, and some extra streams in time for her b-day.

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

It may seem that way but I find that hard to imagine they could be that clueless. Perhaps they anticipated that it would take off by “accident” like a Kate Bush thing and assumed that there was nothing much they needed to do? To me it all seemed deliberately set up that way, that her team had sought this out and the story about her giving “notes” was just a PR story. But since it hasn’t really done much now I’m doubtful.

Hasn't done much? It's put Madonna back in the top 200 most listened to artist on Spotify worldwide, and she keeps rising, with nothing out for ages. You won't find Mariah, Janet, Whitney, Prince, Bruce Springsteen, Celine etc there.