Why haven't you read 'Life With My Sister Madonna' yet?

9 hours ago, Starchild said:

To those who have yet to read this book by her brother, Christopher, I'm curious as to what your reasoning is?

I'm currently rereading it and remain wowed by all the interesting tidbits and descriptive language used throughout.

Perhaps some of her more staunch fans feel it was a betrayal, and that reading it would be supporting a betrayer?

In reality, it doesn't tell us anything about M's character that the average fan wouldn't already have a sense of.

In my opinion, it is essential fan reading and helps to paint an even more vivid picture of her incredible story.

A note that the audiobook is an abridged version of the book, both of which you can find online for free.

I didn’t realize the audiobook was abridged. I listened to that, and didn’t think any of it was particularly shocking.

Madonna seems like she would be a difficult person to be around, but also loving. She’s high maintenance and that level of fame is going to go to anyone’s head. I’m happy to just to accept her public persona and let whoever she is behind closed doors be there for those who get to experience it. 

Just now, Robertthenurse said:

You think the book painted a bad picture of him go watch his “press tour” he did to promote the book. That’s probably the most embarrassing thing about him. I love that she never publicly addressed the book. I love her. 

I remember her saying she had forgiven him for it years later, though, didn't she?

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

I remember her saying she had forgiven him for it years later, though, didn't she?

Hmm. Not sure. But even so, imagine the person you wanted to piss off most decided to “forgive you” lol that’s perhaps more shady that not acknowledging. But not sure 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Hmm. Not sure. But even so, imagine the person you wanted to piss off most decided to “forgive you” lol that’s perhaps more shady that not acknowledging. But not sure 🤷‍♂️

Found it. Looks like it was him saying that and not her, I mixed it up in my head I guess:

https://www.etalk.ca/celebrity/it-looks-like-madonna-and-her-brother-have-ended-their-longtime-feud.html

"We are at peace now and just spoke last week," Christopher told RadarOnline.com. Ciccone explained that he recently moved back to Michigan where his father and family own a vineyard and winery and his superstar sister "has been great," adding, "She regularly speaks to our dad while some of our siblings work at the winery. We are all united."

That was 2019.

On 8/16/2024 at 5:53 AM, wtg1987 said:

I think it was a fascinating read - let’s be honest M is never going to to write a memoir at this stage - she is too focused on the contrived bullshit movie to care and we all know that’s going to be a one-sided disaster and she will never show herself in a bad light - her ego and sycophants won’t permit that - I liked reading the behind the scenes stuff on tours the most in his book 

Do you think she would paint herself in a bad light in a book?  If she's such a complete egoist, what makes you think the medium would change anything about the message?  And I love how a movie that hasn't even begun filming has already been dismissed by you as "contrived bullshit".  

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

I wonder which of her exes will be the first to write a memoir about her after she passes (which will be many years from now, of course)...

My Summer Fling with a Cougar, Madonna.

Can't imagine it would be longer than a phamphlet. 

Seriously though, none of her lovers seem like the type to write a book much less one about her. I think the closest was Rodman.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

My Summer Fling with a Cougar, Madonna.

Can't imagine it would be longer than a phamphlet. 

Seriously though, none of her lovers seem like the type to write a book much less one about her. I think the closest was Rodman.

Ingrid!

She will create a book implying they were soulmates all along

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

I just cant when Isaac Mizrahi got into the mix defending Sandra from Ingrid over Madonna

This I needed to read from you my friend since, besides I just felt like to, it's quite interesting a yehuda defending another!! Shalom aleichem!!

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don't agree with him doing it but OF COURSE I read it :laughing:

Actually I have respected Madonna much more after I read Chris' tears of a clown (no pun intended I swear!)

And kudos to Chris for his tears: now we know what what we already knew: to live with a Leo (or a Taurus like me), YOU NEEDA EAT THE BREAD O' SHAME GUY!!

Oops, I did it again, I played with your horoscope loathing... Do I need a Zohar (or a ton of Zohar's) to rehabilitate myself like M thought it'd work to Britney???

On 8/16/2024 at 10:58 PM, Prayer said:

Yes she did. On Jonathan Ross promoting Rebel Heart. Not that she’d forgiven him but they were on speaking terms.

She also slagged him off during the Madame X tour. I think she called him a drug addict or something, can’t quite remember.

He did say he was attending that tour but there was never confirmation that happened. I also assume if he attended Celebration fans would have recognized him. Unless he really went incognito.

4 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

I had no problem with book, but some dates were all over the place and Wikipedia was around at the time 😂

Right? And "Like a Virgin" Tour. :Madonna032:

To me, he came across very whiny and frustrated that he has accomplished nothing by being in her shadow (while making a book about her !!!) and tried to diminish what she has accomplished everytime he got a chance.
And the whole romance or whatever that he couldn't say the guy's name whilst he had no problem citing everybody else's speaks a lot about his character.

12 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

She also slagged him off during the Madame X tour. I think she called him a drug addict or something, can’t quite remember.

During Madame X in Chicago she said something to the effect of: " many people in my family are drug addicts and alcoholics."

I had no problem with book, but some dates were all over the place and Wikipedia was around at the time [emoji23]

I remember the dates with the pictures annoyed me because there were some wrong ones.

Actually, it still annoys me now that I think about it again [emoji28]

On 8/23/2024 at 10:06 PM, DiegoLCL said:

To me, he came across very whiny and frustrated that he has accomplished nothing by being in her shadow (while making a book about her !!!) and tried to diminish what she has accomplished everytime he got a chance.

It's fair enough if that's your take, but I think it's an incomplete and inaccurate one.

She kept mistreating him, whether it was financially for his work, for his help with art auctions, outing him publicly, etc.

She was notoriously inconsiderate towards people, so I don't blame him for wanting to humble her after pushing him too far.

Also, let's have a bit of empathy for being her sibling, and the absolute head-screw that would be.

On 8/16/2024 at 9:18 AM, Aiwa08 said:

I'm waiting for Rocco or Lola to write 'Mommie Dearest,' and then make a movie in 10 years with Julia Garner as Madonna, so Julia can win an Oscar.

giphy.webp

Just kidding...

Britneys kids would have a more explosive book. Madonnas kids actually respect her