20th Anniversary of Re-Invention Tour!

Adonna

Favorite Act from Re-Invention Tour?   

105 members voted

1. 1. Favorite Act from Re-invention Tour?

• Act 1: Marie Antoinette
    • Act 2: Military
    • Act 3: Circus
    • Act 4: Acoustic
    • Act 5: Scottish-Tribal

4 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Well yes but still she had enough material in 2001 for a show without the “hits”. Also she says a lot of things, like not doing ever again Material Girl and Like A Virgin and look how many times she did those two after 98 (Material Girl twice, LAV four times if you count the AL promo tour) 

LAV was more of a gag. And AL mustve really froze hell over! I also gotta say RIT helped loosen her up and made her comfortable with doing her hits.

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

That’s true but remember we are very lucky as fans of Madonna. Janet never released the Control, Rythm Nation and Janet tour (not even in vhs) and there is only the Japan televised RN show I believe. Fans of Michael Jackson are still waiting for the Victory Tour and the Bad Tour was released only after his dead and sourced from a vhs. Whitney never released a tour on video aside from the special for I’m Your Baby Tonight and the Africa HBO special was never released on video. Spice Girls never released the last two tours, George Michael never released his Faith Tour, Britney never released the Circus Tour, Gaga never released the Born This Way tour and the Joanne tour, Mariah only released the Mimi Tour and the Fantasy Special  and the MTV Unpugged and many many more artists were not as generous as Madonna. All the new artist out there are not releasing shows (only Taylor, and she also skipped some tours). 
Yes we all want a Blond Ambition remaster but between Japan, Barcelona and Nice we have three full shows and two were officially released on laser disc and vhs (the Japanese one). Two Who’s That Girl show were officially released. Only Re-Invention is missing but at least we have the leaked version. So again, of course we want a bluray 4K boxset of every single tour, but we are very lucky. 

Yeah, if you put it like that... 

But in general, and I don't mean it towards you at all, I just like a slightly different attitude in life, going like this:

If you are only comparing yourself to the worse one, you are always going to be the best. Try to compare yourself to the better ones (and get on their level.)

But I understand your point about Madonna. It's just that I don't really prefer the mindset "Britney hasn't done it, Madonna doesn't need to as well". Yes, we are lucky she is still here and working and I adore her for it, but I just feel there is an incredibly missed opportunity with her back catalogue, almost a crime trying to keep everything in vault. 

9 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Yeah, if you put it like that... 

But in general, and I don't mean it towards you at all, I just like a slightly different attitude in life, going like this:

If you are only comparing yourself to the worse one, you are always going to be the best. Try to compare yourself to the better ones (and get on their level.)

But I understand your point about Madonna. It's just that I don't really prefer the mindset "Britney hasn't done it, Madonna doesn't need to as well". Yes, we are lucky she is still here and working and I adore her for it, but I just feel there is an incredibly missed opportunity with her back catalogue, almost a crime trying to keep everything in vault. 

It’s not what I’m saying though, what I’m saying is that we should not be moaning so much  about it when in reality she’s probably the only artist that has released in a way or another 99% (only Re-Invention is missing and thank god for the leak) her tours and she’s still doing it. The fact that we got Rio AND we are getting Mexico City of the last tour is very telling. So yes things could be better but it’s not a tragedy. Her tour legacy is very well represented. 

9 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

It’s not what I’m saying though, what I’m saying is that we should not be moaning so much  about it when in reality she’s probably the only artist that has released in a way or another 99% (only Re-Invention is missing and thank god for the leak) her tours and she’s still doing it. The fact that we got Rio AND we are getting Mexico City of the last tour is very telling. So yes things could be better but it’s not a tragedy. Her tour legacy is very well represented. 

Well, I would not count the legendary Blond Ambition Tour as well preserved either (so that makes two tours), but let's agree to disagree here ;) 

9 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Well, I would not count the legendary Blond Ambition Tour as well preserved either (so that makes two tours), but let's agree to disagree here ;) 

All the shows are on YouTube 😂,  the most famous streaming channel in the world! Again I would love a remaster but it’s not like teens are going to watch it on Netflix anyway and only fans would buy it on bluray (and gimme that of course!). As groundbreaking as it was the best parts were in the documentary (for a reason), others have aged a bit (Girlie Show still looks more “modern”). 

34 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

All the shows are on YouTube 😂,  the most famous streaming channel in the world! 

Well.. If you look at it this way than all music is on Spotify, we do not need any physical release ever. It's not like teens are going to buy vinyls of her old reissued albums anyway :shade2:

3 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Well.. If you look at it this way than all music is on Spotify, we do not need any physical release ever. It's not like teens are going to buy vinyls of her old reissued albums anyway :shade2:

That’s true, as fans we want everything physical. But this has nothing to do with “legacy well preserved”. Not in 2024. Reissues and deluxes are for fans.  

5 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

If all Madonna fans stopped moaning Madonna forums would come to a standstill

5 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

All the shows are on YouTube 😂,  the most famous streaming channel in the world! Again I would love a remaster but it’s not like teens are going to watch it on Netflix anyway and only fans would buy it on bluray (and gimme that of course!). As groundbreaking as it was the best parts were in the documentary (for a reason), others have aged a bit (Girlie Show still looks more “modern”). 

Yeah we have all the tours. I don’t understand the uproar about that anymore. It’s all very easy to find.

I think this may have been answered before, some people say that the Paris shows were filmed with just some songs on the night.

But others say the whole show was filmed. I imagine the full show would've just been filmed properly. Also in the documentary there are clips from other songs/sections which leads me to believe there is footage.

22 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Remember the two videos from the Get Up Lisbon dvd that were released on the Nokia (or was it Motorola) website? 

The editiig is soooo good (it says from the documentary but of couese that's a mistake)

The footage is gorgeous, but the editing doesn't look quite right. A LOT of video back drop in there.

I feel like they could definitely give us the full show though.

6 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

The footage is gorgeous, but the editing doesn't look quite right. A LOT of video back drop in there.

I feel like they could definitely give us the full show though.

It’s the same style as the Drowned World Tour dvd (same director). 

4 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

It’s the same style as the Drowned World Tour dvd (same director). 

Yeah its a definitely a little off though, especially in Die Another Day. But good angles and it does look very nice to see the colouring all correct. 

3 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

I think this may have been answered before, some people say that the Paris shows were filmed with just some songs on the night.

But others say the whole show was filmed. I imagine the full show would've just been filmed properly. Also in the documentary there are clips from other songs/sections which leads me to believe there is footage.

The “full Paris show were filmed” for both Blond Ambition and Re-Invention is just legend. Alek confirmed during the Moma interview (the one Madonna attended with Lola) that the whole show was never filmed because he already knew the songs he wanted in the documentary. The interview is on YouTube. Now it’s true there are some pieces from other songs but I still believe him when he says not the full show was filmed. Aside from the tracks in the film he also did Hanky Panky and Like A Prayer, they were bonus at the end of the American vhs.

Sme goes for Re-Invention. What was the point in them doing the full Paris shows AND Lisbon? And as I already said some Lisbon pieces were actually used in Secret in the same song so probably the Paris shoot was not perfect to begin with. 

Again I wasn’t at Blond Ambition but I was at Re-Invention and I clearly remember the crew filming some songs and then leave. 

4 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

The “full Paris show were filmed” for both Blond Ambition and Re-Invention is just legend.

Sme goes for Re-Invention. What was the point in them doing the full Paris shows AND Lisbon? And as I already said some Lisbon pieces were actually used in Secret in the same song so probably the Paris shoot was not perfect to begin with. 

Again I wasn’t at Blond Ambition but I was at Re-Invention and I clearly remember the crew filming some songs and then leave. 

I guess we'd have to ask Jonas to confirm. But at least would like to see Lisbon edited with better camera angles like the ones above. The full leaked show doesn't have the best. I guess it just depends what her relationship is like with Hamish now.

5 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

I guess we'd have to ask Jonas to confirm. But at least would like to see Lisbon edited with better camera angles like the ones above. The full leaked show doesn't have the best. I guess it just depends what her relationship is like with Hamish now.

I believe Hamish was the director of the Super Bowl so I bet they are at least in speaking terms. I remember her saying in the 2005 Attitude interview that she couldn’t  release the full show before the documentary but that is was coming. With the infamous Tour Boxset they were working on and nothing happened. 

16 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Let’s go back in time for this lovely Esther interview on tour 

Never saw this interview in such good quality :luv:

33 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I remember her saying in the 2005 Attitude interview that she couldn’t  release the full show before the documentary but that is was coming. With the infamous Tour Boxset they were working on and nothing happened. 

What a DREAM a Tour Boxset could be. Imagine if they come with different artwork. That would be iconic.

50 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Alek confirmed during the Moma interview that the whole show was never filmed because he already knew the songs he wanted in the documentary. The interview is on YouTube.

I believe you, but I think is so silly that they didn't record the whole show. The crew was there, it's not like they were in the 50s when there wasn't enough tape :Madonna039:

4 hours ago, littlestartman said:

The thing with Madonna is that even in this "Humble" era she still wanted to change the world and tell everyone how changed she is 😂 

But she looked absolutely stunning in the 00s! And I believe she was on a really good path for her. I really loved her writing in the 00s.