What "Event" could this be????

10 hours ago, Prayer said:

This reminded me of Lady Gaga when she designed the "Judas" single cover on Word and then took a picture with her phone "for texture":

NS5qcGVn.jpeg

2011. Fun times.

And the originally intended cover that leaked a few years ago was SO MUCH BETTER! 😅

11 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

aqplmf6iiw071.jpg

I love it, it matches the industrial pop aesthetic Judas uses.

OMG. Interesting, I guess!

I wasn't a big fan of the whole "ugly" aesthetic of that album cover and photoshoot, so I actually prefer the final "Judas" cover in all its basic "texture" glory xd But thanks a lot for sharing this one! It would have been certainly controversial, maybe the label said: "No, bitch".

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Judas is such a horrible song

But the lyrics are strangely good. And MV was a homage to how Mary Magdalene was seen by early Christians and Gnostics before that Pope Gregory invented that she was a prostitute only to diminish her at a time the bishops decided only men could be priests.

54 minutes ago, honestlyhlf said:

I could very well be wrong, but the text misalignment is (unfortunately) giving poorly edited source code vibes à la:

screencapture-madonna-news-240821-possible-edited-source-code.thumb.jpg.98fa1a2682975d79e5c0d839c20e31d1.jpg

I'd love to say "BINGO!" to you!

I remember all the hype of how controversial the video was despite it not even being shown yet and the catholic church was literally starting to condemn it and she felt she was having such a madonna moment then it premiered and the catholic church decided not to condemn it because they didnt even understand it to say it was blasphemous.

https://www.catholicleague.org/lady-gaga’s-confused-state/

"Though disappointing as this video was, we said that we weren’t to be going ballistic over the confused star’s latest contribution. If anyone thought otherwise, it is clear they haven’t a clue of what constitutes anti-Catholicism."

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I remember all the hype of how controversial the video was despite it not even being shown yet and the catholic church was literally starting to condemn it and she felt she was having such a madonna moment then it premiered and the catholic church decided not to condemn it because they didnt even understand it to say it was blasphemous.

"Though disappointing as this video was, we said that we weren’t to be going ballistic over the confused star’s latest contribution. If anyone thought otherwise, it is clear they haven’t a clue of what constitutes anti-Catholicism."

"Judas" video was a "throw all your ideas together and see what happens" kind of affair, same as the "Born This Way" one, really. No wonder the Catholic Church didn't know what to do of it, I was a big Gaga fan then and didn't either! Loved the song but the video was Shakira and Maria Magdalena at the same time.

From "Alejandro" on she really lost her touch of how to do great pop music videos with clear and straightforward ideas.

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Giving I am reading you again I take this opportunity to ask you to read both Gnostic Gospels of Philip and Mary Magdalene (Philip was also seen by early Christians and Gnostics as Mary Magdalene's brother). You'd be surprised if you took my suggestion!

EDIT: @Prayer your CAPS girl DARES YOU TO DO THE SAME!!!

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

"Judas" video was a "throw all your ideas together and see what happens" kind of affair, same as the "Born This Way" one, really. No wonder the Catholic Church didn't know what to do of it, I was a big Gaga fan then and didn't either! Loved the song but the video was Shakira and Maria Magdalena at the same time.

From "Alejandro" on she really lost her touch of how to do great pop music videos with clear and straightforward ideas.

Uh she was never that great at doing videos. Just Dance looked like a rip off of Fiona Apple, Poker Face was Goldfrapp meets Kylie, Eh Eh was Borderline, Love Game looked like a Britney Xtina slutty video, Bad Romance was Marilyn Manson doing the Nobody Knows Me Choreography from RIT. I always felt she had the benefit of being artistic because she wasnt pretty. If she was pretty, she'd be seen as just any other vapid popstar. The only thing i can say is that her videos were edited AMAZINGLY! she really hid the fact that she can't dance for shit and moves like someone who got the polio vaccine a day late. Rihanna and Katy Perry really were the ones who had great videos even when people werent watching Mtv. They are the ones who really deserve the kudos in that pop age. Don't even get me started on Telephone. Pure shit.

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Uh she was never that great at doing videos. Just Dance looked like a rip off of Fiona Apple, Poker Face was Goldfrapp meets Kylie, Eh Eh was Borderline, Love Game looked like a Britney Xtina slutty video, Bad Romance was Marilyn Manson doing the Nobody Knows Me Choreography from RIT. I always felt she had the benefit of being artistic because she wasnt pretty. If she was pretty, she'd be seen as just any other vapid popstar. The only thing i can say is that her videos were edited AMAZINGLY! she really hid the fact that she can't dance for shit and moves like someone who got the polio vaccine a day late. Rihanna and Katy Perry really were the ones who had great videos even when people werent watching Mtv. They are the ones who really deserve the kudos in that pop age. Don't even get me started on Telephone. Pure shit.

Well her "Paparazzi" - "Bad Romance" - "Telephone" run alone was quite something, at least for me. All three felt like proper old big video moments. And "Poker Face", "LoveGame" were quite good.

But of course everything is subjective.