I'm Going Bananas Vs. Spanish Lesson

Headless.Headphones

24 members voted

1. 1. Fav?

• I'm Going Bananas
    • Spanish Lesson

I'm Going Bananas big time. For those who don't know, this song is a parody / hommage to Brazilian entertainer Carmen Miranda. The concept behind I'm Breathless fits very well here. Madonna's vocals on IGB are fun and super on spot, the lyrics are quite excellent as a recall of music-hall and comedic numbers. Another nod from Madonna to clowns, sort of, decades before TOAC ! Also another incarnation of tongue-in-cheek Madonna that not so many people get.

Spanish Lesson is just terrible and boring.

I'm Going Bananas big time. For those who don't know, this song is a parody / hommage to Brazilian entertainer Carmen Miranda. The concept behind I'm Breathless fits very well here. Madonna's vocals on IGB are fun and super on spot, the lyrics are quite excellent as a recall of music-hall and comedic numbers. Another nod from Madonna to clowns, sort of, decades before TOAC ! Also another incarnation of tongue-in-cheek Madonna that not so many people get.

This is the hidden content, please

THIS.

Wow I didn't know it was about Carmen Miranda, now that instantly changes my perception of this song 100%.

giphy.gif

Wow I didn't know it was about Carmen Miranda, now that instantly changes my perception of this song 100%.

giphy.gif

Steve Sondheim's input on I'm Breathless is interesting for that matter.

For example, More is also a direct nod to another musical classic : I Got Plenty O' Nuttin from Porgy & Bess

Archived