The Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some Dancers & Choreographers
‪#‎rebelhearttour‬ 
(Maria Wada, Jason Young, Ai Shimatsu, Sohey Sugihara, Derrell Bullock, Emilie Capel, Yaman Okur, Valeree Young, Stephanie Wings, Loic Mabanza, Lil Buck, Martha Nichols, Malikee, Megan Guwre, OG Mijo, Talibaan_Sheik, Aya & Bambi, Kupono Aweau)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mike Dean on working on the Rebel Heart Tour
Legendary producer and sound engineer Mike Dean talked to The Fader revealing he’s currently working on remastering Madonna stems for her upcoming tour, and mentioning Holiday they are working on right now. He also explained what’s to him the most important part of translating songs for a live performance:

What's the most important part of translating songs for performance?
With Kanye, we don't do that much. We just add stuff on top of the tracks—add new stuff. It's different every day, depending on how you feel; there's nothing written in stone with how we play. Madonna's more locked in with all her performances, but she has surprises every night—a big giant production.

Matthew Rettenmund (longtime NY fan and author of Encyclopedia Madonnica) has just posted on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.rettenmund/posts/10153361078606001

"I can't say much of what I know about the REBEL HEART TOUR, but it has TONS of oldies ..."

If you scroll down through the comments and replies, he also adds:

On comment that it's like RIT damage control:
Oh, it's 100% the same as RIT following AL. It's not exactly damage control, but it's a smart marketing response. IF she follows through and does have a lot in there.

when asked to define "tons" [of oldies]:
Many '80s hits.

Some looks very right, not sure on some of the order, though not all of the order is wrong, either.

"I can't say much of what I know about the REBEL HEART TOUR, but it has TONS of oldies ..."[/font][/color]

of course the show will have tons of oldies. she's going to a place where she hasn't promoted her last 8 albums, and, as someone said here, her audience mostly go for her 80's stuff.

but we know the show will be based on the RH album.

(I think we must forget the chance of any MDNA or Hard Candy song on the show)

Live Nation today announced that Madonna will make her first-ever visit to Manila for a concert on Feb. 24, 2016, at the Mall of Asia Arena (MOA). The Manila performance is presented by Globe.The Rebel Heart Tour begins in Montreal on Sept. 9 and continues throughout North America and UK/Europe before heading to Asia, New Zealand and Australia next year. “Madonna continues to be one of the most successful touring artists in history. Her shows are always legendary and we are thrilled to have her back on tour,†says Arthur Fogel, president of Global Touring and chairman of Global Music.The Rebel Heart Tour follows the March 9 release of Madonna’s critically-acclaimed 13th studio album Rebel Heart by Interscope Records. The first two singles from the album, Living for Love and Ghosttown, went to No. 1 on the Billboard Dance Charts, and Madonna subsequently set a new world record by becoming the only artist to have 45 No. 1 songs on any chart in Billboard history. On June 16, Madonna released the Bitch I’m Madonna EP featuring 10 remixes from Sander Kleinenberg, Fedde Le Grand, Junior Sanchez and more.Along with extraordinary critical acclaim as an artist, songwriter and producer who has sold a record-breaking 300 million records, Madonna’s reputation as one of the most successful, provocative and enduring live performers of all time speaks for itself. The 2008/2009 Sticky & Sweet tour is the highest-grossing tour of all time for a solo artist and the 2012 MDNA tour was the most successful tour of that year.Icon is Madonna’s official fans club and members will receive a special code to access the Icon pre-sale tomorrow, July 21 at 10 a.m.Tickets for the Rebel Heart concert in Manila will go on sale on July 26, at 10 a.m. through SM ticket outlets, smtckets.com or call 470-2222.Citi cardholders will be eligible for a pre-sale opportunity starting July 22 at 10 a.m. until July 23.Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour in Manila is presented by Globe. Globe subscribers will have the opportunity for a one-day pre-sale on Friday, July 24, at 10 a.m. Visit globe.com.ph/rebelheart for more info.Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour is produced by Live Nation Global Touring and presented locally by MMILive.(For complete tour and ticket information, visit: www.madonna.com/ #RebelHeartTour.)

what I'd really like her team to care for this tour is the pre-show songs. even that's important for the story she wants to tell on stage. those songs set the mood you want the audience to be in when you start, so the last song of that playlist, and the first song after the show are the most important ones. (I'm tired of Holiday playing over the speakers after the show, it happened on S&S and the MDNA tour).

for example, the last songs before a Girlie Show concert were "Freedom '90" by George Michael, and "The Tears of a Clown" by Smokey Robinson. those songs were the perfect example of what she wanted to show on stage on that show!

I don't think she cares about those aspects that much to be honest. Let's not forget that she uses different pre-show DJs at almost every leg of her tours so the songs are up to them. I can picture Madonna being asked by her team "what should we play after the show is finished?" to what she'd reply "I don't know for fuck's sake, play 'Holiday'!" :laughing:

I can picture Madonna being asked by her team "what should we play after the show is finished?" to what she'd reply "I don't know for fuck's sake, play 'Holiday'!" :laughing:

I know, and honestly I can see her like that too, but I'm not talking about the DJ on the opening act, im talking about the background music they play while people wait on the venue. I think at least her team should care about that aspect too, since it's a precious chance to keep telling the message of the show, and showing people new songs maybe they've never heard before, or older classic songs. the Re-Invention and Confessions shows had great songs before the main event.

if you could walk a mile in these.... Posted Image @madonna lallo25 @gucci #rebelPosted Image

Your first look at @Madonna's #rebelhearttour costumes—and her AMAZING legs, of course:

Nothing Glamorous about this bathroom but these Gucci Boots are Eeeeevrythang! Posted Image #rebelhearttour

Posted Image

Posted Image

July 24, 2015

Calling all Rebel Hearts artists! Your online fan art has really caught Madonna’s eye and moved her. She has asked if you can submit your best creations, from any era, style and look. Madonna has been inspired by your creativity and would like to display a digital gallery of your artwork live during the upcoming Rebel Heart tour. To be eligible to participate, you must be at least 18 years old and the sole owner and creator of the artwork and other modifications to the photograph, and you must sign your creation with your name -- we want to make sure to give credit where deserved! 

Upload your creation as a high quality TIFF or JPEG file that is 800 x 960 pixels minimum in size (larger formats welcome) to your favorite file sharing service and e-mail us the link to it at art4madonna@gmail.com before July 30th 2015.

Looking forward to seeing your works of art! What do you got, Show us your Basquiat!

Grafitti Heart interlude showcasing her favorite fans' art Posted Image

what is this thing she has of playing the best songs from the album as interludes... 

(I don't want "Iconic" to be a simple screen video, and "Grafitti Heart" would be sO STRONG live!!)

Archived