Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

15 hours ago, Mden said:

Artists with the most Loyal Fanbases of all time (via a study made by upgradedpoints):

1. BTS

2. Michael Jackson

3. Elton John

4. Lady Gaga

5. Taylor Swift

6. Queen

7. Lana Del Rey

8. Beyoncé

9. Eminem

10. Harry Styles

2280924C-415E-4285-8C3D-CD8682D2B224.gif.86fff6ebb64f5049cb3c9be78de3e236.gif

https://twitter.com/AboutMusicYT/status/1673994656693239809?s=20

Honestly I would have thought: Madonna, Phish, The Beatles, Elvis, Bob Marley and the Grateful Dead would have been in the top 5. 

1 minute ago, Honey Little said:

Honestly I would have thought: Madonna, Phish, The Beatles, Elvis, Bob Marley and the Grateful Dead would have been in the top 5. 

Perhaps if there a list of artists with the strongest “cult-followings”, this would be the case. I don’t understand the difference really, I guess.

9 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I hadn’t even noticed that Elvis, Bob Marley, The Beatles weren’t on the list. It’s hard to believe Harry Styles has more loyal fans than Elvis. 
I only noticed M’s absence from the list and posted it to annoy 😁her fans here. 

1 hour ago, Mden said:

I hadn’t even noticed that Elvis, Bob Marley, The Beatles weren’t on the list. It’s hard to believe Harry Styles has more loyal fans than Elvis. 
I only noticed M’s absence from the list and posted it to annoy 😁her fans here. 

I believe they mean loyal online, like crazy rabid nutcases we witness and sometimes endure trolling here. Thank the goddess we're not on that list.

Madonna was secretly recording music with pop superstar just hours before hospital dash

"IT wasn’t just tour rehearsals which had Madonna feeling exhausted ahead of her collapse last weekend.

(...) I can reveal that just hours before being found unresponsive in her New York home, the Like A Prayer singer was locked in the studio with fellow pop superstar Katy Perry."

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/bizarre/10966692/madonna-secretly-recording-music-katy-perry-before-hospital/

13 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Madonna was secretly recording music with pop superstar just hours before hospital dash

"IT wasn’t just tour rehearsals which had Madonna feeling exhausted ahead of her collapse last weekend.

(...) I can reveal that just hours before being found unresponsive in her New York home, the Like A Prayer singer was locked in the studio with fellow pop superstar Katy Perry."

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/bizarre/10966692/madonna-secretly-recording-music-katy-perry-before-hospital/

2359wk.jpg

5 minutes ago, Andreo said:

This is so weirdly specific tho. Unlike the life speculating crap they wrote lately

I agre. It is!  And didn't someone a couple posts back, question a paparazzi pic of her recently, if the woman next to her was Katy? LOL!  I just don't believe it though.  It just smells too much like BS! 

1 hour ago, Frank said:

From the b-roll of the rehearsals @ VH-1 Fashion Awards 1998.

So what is she singing here? Do you or someone know?

Whatever she is singing sounds so much better than how she sounded when singing The Power of Goodbye. 

2 hours ago, tscott said:

So what is she singing here? Do you or someone know?

Whatever she is singing sounds so much better than how she sounded when singing The Power of Goodbye. 

I was there for the entire closed set rehearsal. She performed Power of Goodbye about 32 times in a row and sounded absolutely gorgeous. The evening of the performance, her nerves got the best of her. It happens. 

5 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I was there for the entire closed set rehearsal. She performed Power of Goodbye about 32 times in a row and sounded absolutely gorgeous. The evening of the performance, her nerves got the best of her. It happens. 

So awesome you were there. :) I figured she had rehearsed many times, but in that clip above what is she singing?  That isn't "The Power of Goodbye", unless she's singing in a different languare that I'm not familiar with?

13 hours ago, Alibaba said:

She’s singing in Italian. She was playing around singing opera. I don’t specifically remember her singing that nor do I recognize what the music is. It was a very long time ago! It was a dress rehearsal. Lola came with the nanny to visit at one point, and Madonna didn’t know she was there…she walked on the train of Madonna’s dress and Madonna yanked on the fabric as she thought someone had stepped on the dress. When she turned around and realized what she’d done, she spent ten minutes hugging her. I remember being shocked because Madonna sat on the edge of the stage in full costume drinking a can of Coke. I was horrified! 😂 As for her vocals, I was mesmerized by how meticulously rehearsed she was. She would hear every little detail and stop the music if she thought something was off or needed attention. Her voice was in fine form, and she gave the impression that she was supremely confident. It was strange to see how nerves affected her voice that evening. Each rehearsal take she nailed the “Do you wanna go higher” with operatic command, and then there was the performance with those unfortunate high “r”s, and a sense of the notes being forced. But I can assure you, the woman had real pipes! I was truly gobsmacked by just how good she sounded.

Oh I know she has was it takes to sing well, but like most people she can't hit it every time.  She's a normal person who can sing.  I never have thought of her as perfect, but it doesn't take someone to sound perfect to be entertaining or a star.  It's so sweet that she reacted to her daughter that way.

I'm curious though, why were you "shocked" that she was drinking a coke?  I ask because I know when she did the Pepsi commercial and got banned, she had commented at some point she liked "coke" even though I don't think she is big on soft drinks.

13 hours ago, tscott said:

Oh I know she has was it takes to sing well, but like most people she can't hit it every time.  She's a normal person who can sing.  I never have thought of her as perfect, but it doesn't make someone to sound perfect to be entertaining or a star.  It's so sweet that she reacted to her daughter that way.

I'm curious though, why were you "shocked" that she was drinking a coke?  I ask because I know when she did the Pepsi commercial and got banned, she had commented at some point she liked "coke" even though I don't think she is big on soft drinks.

I wasn’t shocked from a branding perspective! 😂 I honestly thought at the young age of 22 that Madonna’s body was a temple and the idea of drinking sugar-laden Coke seemed antithetical. I’ve also seen her smoke cigarettes. There are many other surprising behaviors, but I won’t share those as it would be in breach of her privacy. 

In my older and wiser years, I’ve obviously come to understand that Madonna is human and full of paradox and sometimes hypocrisy. She’s human! 

5 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I wasn’t shocked from a branding perspective! 😂 I honestly thought at the young age of 22 that Madonna’s body was a temple and the idea of drinking sugar-laden Coke seemed antithetical. I’ve also seen her smoke cigarettes. There are many other surprising behaviors, but I won’t share those as it would be in breach of her privacy. 

Oh she's admitted to doing a lot of things that were unhealthy for her.  Over the years, she admitted trying numerous drugs.  What does confuse me is her stance on smoking though.  It's one thing for her to use it as a prop in her videos and movies.  I understand that completely, but she's been known to smoke socially.  Watching the Howard Stern interview again, she brought up she hated smoking including smoking pot.  But we also know she's dabbled in that much recently.  Of course, I understand she can change her mind on things.  Maybe she wasn't into it too seriously either.  Still, she seems to have been really turned off by people smoking in general in the past, yet over the years have been known to smoke socially.  It's quite bizarre.