Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

Just now, Adonna said:

Why?  The fashion show was specifically themed to tribute Jean Paul Gaultier as well as Madonna's 1990 Blond Ambition Tour Wardrobe. 

So they mentioned JPG? Don't know just how I felt when I saw the designs! 😆🙃

Just now, Ayham said:

So they mentioned JPG? Don't know just how I felt when I saw the designs! 😆🙃

Well, I wasn't there, but all the press on it, has stated the show was JPG themed, specifically aimed at his designs for the Blond Ambition Tour. 

It makes no sense that Dolce and Gabbana would pay tribute to another celebrated and contemporaneous  fashion house and designer who are still very much a part of the fashion landscape. These are signature styles for JPG, and so it feels truly “reductive”. That said, it’s just another extension of the modern cultural landscape. As it has become acceptable for almost everything in pop music and cinema to be derivative or repurposed, it makes sense that fashion would encompass the same ethos. Just not sure why Madonna always tags along with D&G. They are absolute scoundrels in my opinion, and thoroughly unoriginal. 

5 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

Because it makes no sense that Dolce and Gabbana would pay tribute to another signature fashion house and designer who is still very much h a part of the fashion landscape. These are signature styles for JPG, and so it feels truly “reductive”. That said, it’s just another extension of the modern cultural landscape. As it has become acceptable for almost everything in pop music and cinema to be derivative or repurposed, it makes sense that fashion would be the same. Just not sure why Madonna always tags along with D&G. They are absolute scoundrels in my opinion, and thoroughly unoriginal. 

Why can't D&G pay tribute to one of the most iconic creations from an iconic fashion designer for an iconic star? They weren't trying to steal anyone's designs, they were simply paying tribute to JPG.  It's simple as that.  Not sure why people would take issue with this?

Just now, Adonna said:

What part of "tribute" do you not understand?  I don't understand this push back?  Why can't D&G pay tribute to one of the most iconic creations of an iconic fashion designer for an iconic star.  They weren't trying to steal anyone's designs, they were simply paying tribute to JPG.

You are incredibly combative today. Maybe take a chill pill. I’ve seen you in other posts and you really ought to tone it down. I don’t know you. 

2 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

It makes no sense that Dolce and Gabbana would pay tribute to another signature fashion house and designer who are still very much a part of the fashion landscape. These are signature styles for JPG, and so it feels truly “reductive”. That said, it’s just another extension of the modern cultural landscape. As it has become acceptable for almost everything in pop music and cinema to be derivative or repurposed, it makes sense that fashion would be the same. Just not sure why Madonna always tags along with D&G. They are absolute scoundrels in my opinion, and thoroughly unoriginal. 

You said exactly what's in my mind! 😅 everyone is getting away with it under the word of "tribute or inspiration"

2 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Why can't D&G pay tribute to one of the most iconic creations of an iconic fashion designer for an iconic star.  They weren't trying to steal anyone's designs, they were simply paying tribute to JPG.  It's simple as that.  Not sure why people would take issue with this?

Maybe because both are big names with their own signature designs? Also both are still alive working? Don't know but I'm just questioning my thoughts... 🙃

It makes no sense that Dolce and Gabbana would pay tribute to another signature fashion house and designer who is still very much a part of the fashion landscape. These are signature styles for JPG, and so it feels truly “reductive”. That said, it’s just another extension of the modern cultural landscape. As it has become acceptable for almost everything in pop music and cinema to be derivative or repurposed, it makes sense that fashion would be the same. Just not sure why Madonna always tags along with D&G. They are absolute scoundrels in my opinion, and thoroughly unoriginal. 

IMG-9698.jpg

IMG-9696.jpg 

IMG-9697.jpg  

You are incredibly combative today. Maybe take a chill pill. I’ve seen you in other posts and you really ought to tone it down. I don’t know you. 

No, you're just bothered I questioned your perspective, and rather just explain your point, you want to make it personal or make silly assumptions.  No worries. This will be my last response to you.  I'm here to have civil discussion with individuals not fight!  :Madonna032:

2 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Maybe because both are big names with their own signature designs? Also both are still alive working? Don't know but I'm just questioning my thoughts... 🙃

Thank you for further explaining.  I guess I personally don't see what the issue is.  It's Fashion Week, D&G wanted to pay tribute to obviously a designer they respect who desgined M's costumes.  :)