Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

1 minute ago, stefo said:

No guys, I don't know the name of that choir but Insta suggested me the same clip from their acoount something like 7, 10 days ago. I think she just shared that cause they were brillinatly singing music.

Yes, I think it's just showing some appreciation to a random choir singing to her song.

1 hour ago, Drownedboy said:

Yes I think it is. On the one hand it would brillliant stopping on such a high moment. Bravo. Let´s see.

Honestly, I can't believe some fans really believe she meant she's retiring.  Do these people know Madonna?  How long have they been fans to assume such ridiculousness??  The woman isn't going no where. Clearly, she's talking about the tour being over, referencing to Take A Bow.  Obviously she's doing vocals and voice overs/dubs for the concert film. 

Let's just put it like this, it would be very surprising. The announce would come with the official Celebration Tour album/video release if so? A kind of live greatest hits wich could be completed by one or two last pure M tracks, like the Max Martin one? 

Well for me it would be so little like her not saying goodbye properly. Wouldn't it feel like a kind of random way to stop it iyo? It was all about the biopic for one year and a half, then the Finally enough love compilation, some strange collabs and all at once, after such a hit tour ... ok, that's it, goodbye everybody? I undersatnd that what happened last june could change every other feeling and plan but, even so, I think she still has one last record to give. As I said, even if she should decide to retire, I imagine a proper goodbye in music and live performances. This tour was huge but we can't know how good a future project could be :cute: Still waiting for #M15 in 2025 :heart:

Found this Rio pic wich is lovely by the way, I'm gonna add it to the 150 pics folder

444151053_944917510977130_2550667278761283812_n.jpg

18 minutes ago, stefo said:

Let's just put it like this, it would be very surprising. The announce would come with the official Celebration Tour album/video release if so? A kind of live greatest hits wich could be completed by one or two last pure M tracks, like the Max Martin one? 

Well for me it would be so little like her not saying goodbye properly and, most of all, wanting to stop in such a kind of random way. It was all about the biopic for one year and a half, then the Finally enough love compilation, some strange collabs and all at once, after such a hit tour ... ok, that's it, goodbye everybody? I undersatnd that what happened last june could change every other feeling and plan, but, even so, I think she still has one last record to give. As I said, even if so, there will be a proper goodbye in music and live performances. This was huge but we can't know how good a future project could be :cute:

This could be her last "high specialized technology" tour though, I'm quite positive about it. She will tour again but I don't think with an 81 dates schedule, travelling around the world for 7 months and with such a strict kind of fully coreographed show. Still waiting for #M15 in 2025 :heart:

Found this Rio pic wich is lovely by the way, I'm gonna add it to the 150 pics folder

444151053_944917510977130_2550667278761283812_n.jpg

Very well said.  Some fans seem to be ready for her to retire.  I think you and I aren't!  I don't believe Madonna is.  Madonna has been pretty vocal that she's sticking around until she can't.  I believe that is what is gonna happen.  She either will continue until she drops dead or she is no longer able to physically perform.  I see her in the same light as Cher, she will continue on until something prevents her physically from doing so. Health is always the key.  Up until the health issue last year, we haven't really seen a big decline in her health.  That issue could have hit anyone at any age.  She's yet shown "aging" to be an issue for her.  She still looks great and her latest tour proves she's able to perform very well.  Of course, she isn't going to be able to perform like her 20 or 30 year old self.  Anyone with common sense knows age can really be problematic, but again I haven't seen that of Madonna. She defies age.  Again, her bacterial infection could have happen to any age.  My guess, she will continue to entertain until she can't.  I'm sure she will continue to modify her appearance.  I believe being as powerful and rich as she is, is able to do so by finding ways that aren't specifically geared to huge surgical procedures.  A lot of what she's done is temporary procedures which explain the bloating in a lot of her recent years procedures.  But as we can see, there seems to me be happy medium at some point, which proves she looks like a younger version of herself at times without looking over the top. I feel much of the Celebration tour we saw that. She looked nothing like the bloated version the Grammys appearance a couple of years ago. I also believe that her hair plays a huge part in her appearance. Let's face it, she looks her best with longer hair.  Shorter hair exposes any work or procedures she's done. Her hairline is far different than in the past.  We see how her skin is much more tightened due to procedures with shorter hair. Again, her longer hair (and extensions) hide that.  This is why I believe she will remain with longer hair as long as she's active in the entertainment/music industry.  Certainly, it doesn't mean she won't have an epiphany and accept the aging process, but my guess she will continue to modify herself in the same way Dolly Parton has as she is aging. I can see her following similar steps in remaining in the spotlight until she just can't.

1 hour ago, Donna said:

Very well said.  Some fans seem to be ready for her to retire.  I think you and I aren't!  I don't believe Madonna is.  Madonna has been pretty vocal that she's sticking around until she can't.  I believe that is what is gonna happen.  She either will continue until she drops dead or she is no longer able to physically perform.  I see her in the same light as Cher, she will continue on until something prevents her physically from doing so. Health is always the key.  Up until the health issue last year, we haven't really seen a big decline in her health.  That issue could have hit anyone at any age.  She's yet shown "aging" to be an issue for her.  She still looks great and her latest tour proves she's able to perform very well.  Of course, she isn't going to be able to perform like her 20 or 30 year old self.  Anyone with common sense knows age can really be problematic, but again I haven't seen that of Madonna. She defies age.  Again, her bacterial infection could have happen to any age.  My guess, she will continue to entertain until she can't.  I'm sure she will continue to modify her appearance.  I believe being as powerful and rich as she is, is able to do so by finding ways that aren't specifically geared to huge surgical procedures.  A lot of what she's done is temporary procedures which explain the bloating in a lot of her recent years procedures.  But as we can see, there seems to me be happy medium at some point, which proves she looks like a younger version of herself at times without looking over the top. I feel much of the Celebration tour we saw that. She looked nothing like the bloated version the Grammys appearance a couple of years ago. I also believe that her hair plays a huge part in her appearance. Let's face it, she looks her best with longer hair.  Shorter hair exposes any work or procedures she's done. Her hairline is far different than in the past.  We see how her skin is much more tightened due to procedures with shorter hair. Again, her longer hair (and extensions) hide that.  This is why I believe she will remain with longer hair as long as she's active in the entertainment/music industry.  Certainly, it doesn't mean she won't have an epiphany and accept the aging process, but my guess she will continue to modify herself in the same way Dolly Parton has as she is aging. I can see her following similar steps in remaining in the spotlight until she just can't.

I don't know if she will go on till she phisically can honestly. It can be, she said so multiple times actually, but I'm not sure. About the bacterial infections, I meant it about what it could have represented in terms of conscience, priorities and emotions for her. Age is a point but, I agree with you, I don't think she could retire because of her age specifically right now. Said that, she is 65 and she could do it really any time, we have to consider this. 

If I'd like her to go on till she has the strenght to do it, it depends on what she does. I love her and will always be grateful, but after MDNA I was quite close to let it go. The interest was so low after two such disappointing records, I neither was that excited when she announced she was back in studio on Insta, then the RH leak happened and most of those tracks ... I couldn't believe it :hearteyes: When I listened to Avicii's dance RH and WAOM, I was SURE she was finally gonna have a new hit, but the ageing thing and promo choices, not always on point, didn't let it happen. The tour was excellent and I found Madame X an interesting project, with MANY GREAT tracks (even if, also there, bad promo choices and some serious self indulgence didn't help it imo). Now she is back to her Warner home and I can't help but thinking good stuff is going to come: this tour was the necessary step to put things back into perspective and I can't see it as the end of it. That's why I honestly wouldn't be ready to say goodbye now :heart:

4 minutes ago, stefo said:

I don't know if she will go on till she phisically can honestly. It can be, she said so multiple times actually, but I'm not sure. About the bacterial infections, you know, I didn't mean it about her age as about what it could have represented in terms of conscience, priorities and emotions for her. 

If I'd like her to go on till she has to strenght to do it, it depends on what she does. I love her and will always be grateful, but after MDNA I was quite close to let it go. The interest was so low after two such disappointing records, I neither was that excited when she announced she was back in studio on Insta, then the RH leak happened and most of those tracks ... I couldn't believe it :hearteyes: When I listened to Avicii's dance RH and WAOM, I was SURE she was finally gonna have a new hit, but the ageing thing and promo choices not always on point didn't let it happen. The tour was excellent, she was warm and down to earth as never before, and I found Madame X an interesting project, with MANY GREAT tracks (even if, also there, bad promo choices and some serious self indulgence didn't help it imo). Now she is back to her Warner home (RH and MX would have been much more polished, acknowledged and respected under their guidance) and I can't help but thinking good stuff is going to come: this tour was the necessary step to things back into perspective and I can't see it as the end of it. That's why I honestly wouldn't be ready to say goodbye now :heart:

My take is she will go on until she can't no longer.  I think that was the case with Tina Turner.  She kept going until she no longer couldn't.  Like mentioned, I see her like Cher. Madonna will continue on until something prevents her from doing so. I suspect the same will happen with Cher. Of course, the two will continue to slow down, but let's look at Cher... she's got two albums in the works right now.  She's still very active.  She may not be physically as active than previously, but she's still actively making music and looking to entertain. I see Madonna doing the same.  Madonna has been pretty open about not stopping until she no longer is able to or if she dies.  Of course, anything can change that, but she's in her mid 60's, I highly doubt she's planning to stop unless she is incapable of actively singing and performing.  I can see her in her 90's still working, even though it won't be at the capacity and level we are used to. :)

You know, I understand you, but she is 65,next tour could happen when she is already 70..she is used to be the main event and now, having a new pop album with almost 70 that probably is not going to get any airplay or sales as she was used to in the goold old days..what´s the need? Does she have the inspiration to write new material? The discipline to work on her voice? 

She worked hard for this tour, it was a success, she is well regarded again. So maybe it´s a good way to say goodbye and enjoying living. Maybe she always can record here and there, but tours like that? Sitting on a chair and sing with backing vocals? We´ll see. She once said she was never going to stop. But I have this sensation. She already did great, but I think she was really depressed at some point and now that this is a golden moment, who knows what are her plans. I would love a great new record, that´s for sure. Or if she tours again with the current looks and shape too. Most of all I want her to be happy.