Official: Lourdes Follows Mama's footstep & attends University of Mich.

Well that "The M Den" Instagram earlier should have been a hint:

It’s official: Madonna’s daughter is a University of Michigan freshman.

With her superstar mom cryptically posting online from Ann Arbor today, the profile of Lourdes Ciccone Leon now appears in the university’s formal student directory, listing her as an undergraduate affiliated with the U-M School of Music, Theatre & Dance.

Freshman orientation for U-M’s summer term began Monday and will run through Wednesday. Orientation for parents and family was scheduled for Monday and today.

Madonna posted an Instagram snapshot this afternoon of the fan-merchandise store the M Den — on State Street in Ann Arbor — with the caption, “I think ill stop in here!â€

A store employee this evening said he could not confirm whether the 55-year-old pop star had visited the shop. The Free Press has reached out to Madonna’s camp for details.

Typical freshmen start their college careers with the standard fall term, but special cases — including many student-athletes — begin during summer to settle in ahead of the fall commotion.

Madonna briefly attended U-M in the mid-1970s before heading to New York to pursue a dance career. She and Lourdes were spotted on the U-M campus in November as the teen was winding into her final year of high school.

Lourdes, 17, posted a column last week to the website for the fashion line Material Girl about the end of her time at New York’s LaGuardia High School, writing “how very happy and slightly saddened I am that my high school years are now coming to an end.â€

Madonna’s latest Michigan visit comes three weeks after her whirlwind visit of Detroit, where she dropped in on several community organizations. In a statement for the Free Press, the Rochester Hills-raised Madonna said she was eager to participate in the rebuilding of the city and looked forward to “helping make the future of Detroit brighter.â€

Source:

http://www.freep.com/article/20140624/ENT04/306250026/madonna-daughter-university-michigan-student

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140624/SCHOOLS/306240141/Like-mom-s-prayer-Madonna-s-daughter-heading-U-M

Like a (mom's) prayer: Madonna's daughter heading to U-M

by Mark Hicks ~ The Detroit News

Like mother, like daughter: Madonna’s oldest child is headed to the University of Michigan.

Lourdes Ciccone Leon now is listed as an undergraduate student affiliated with the U-M School of Music, Theatre & Dance, according to the school’s student directory posted online.

It was unclear when the 17-year-old daughter of the Grammy-winning superstar — one of the school’s most well-known attendees — would start. Undergraduates admitted for the summer term, which begins Thursday, were scheduled to attend an orientation Monday through Wednesday, according to the U-M Office of New Student Programs.

In a recent posting for a blog associated with the Material Girl fashion line that Lourdes and her mom have launched, the teen noted how “very happy and slightly saddened I am that my High School years are now coming to an end.â€

Whenever Lourdes officially joins other freshmen in Ann Arbor, her famous mom apparently was in town this week. Madonna posted a picture Tuesday on her Instagram page of the M Den, a merchandise store for U-M gear on State Street. The caption read: “I think ill stop in here!â€

In a 2012 interview on the NFL Network, the entertainer said she hoped her daughter would also become a Wolverine.

The wish was natural. The Michigan native, who graduated from Rochester Adams High School, attended U-M on a dance scholarship in the 1970s before dropping out and relocating to New York to follow her dreams to become a dancer.

The return jaunt at her former stomping grounds follows a Metro Detroit visit on June 3, when the 55-year-old musical icon breezed through local spots including the Detroit Achievement Academy charter school and Ponyride, an incubator for arts-related groups where she met with the women of the Empowerment Plan.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.people.com/article/lourdes-leon-madonna-blog-prom?hootPostID=4c582ca6041d558b999c479717cec08b

Madonna's Daughter Lourdes Leon Dishes on Life After High School

In many ways, Lourdes Leon isn't your typical 18-year-old. Her mom is Madonna, after all. 

But the Material Girl designer and recent high school graduate still has time in her busy schedule to hang with friends. Lourdes, who goes by Lola, recentlyposted on her blog about graduation, prom and how she's been spending her last summer before college. 

"HEY to all the readers. I don't know if u heard (sarcasm) but I GRADUATED. GRAAAAAD. UATED. From High School. Its very difficult to wrap my head around because I feel like its something I've been talking about FOR EVER and it finally happened," she wrote. "There also isn't the ominous presence of another year of high school and test taking up ahead like there usually is when you're about mid way into the beautiful summer." 
Lourdes is reportedly enrolled at the University of Michigan, the school her mother briefly attended in the 1970s before becoming a pop superstar. 

But before heading off to college, Lourdes experienced another rite of passage: her high school prom. 
"A week before graduation I attended the classic party every American teenager goes to despite the really bad music – this is known as prom. What can I say? Those of you who have been probably know exactly what I'm talking about. Of course I had a beautiful time but I'll attribute that to the fact that I partied with my awesome friends all night," she wrote. 

"I got to spend an entire weekend kicking it with my high school homies. It was a great way to end the year." 

http://blog.materialgirlcollection.com/

LOLA LEAVES HIGH SCHOOL!

HEY to all the readers. I don’t know if u heard (sarcasm) but I GRADUATED. GRAAAAAD. UATED. From High School. It’s very difficult to wrap my head around because I feel like its something I’ve been talking about FOR EVER and it finally happened.  There also isn’t the ominous presence of another year of high school and test taking up ahead like there usually is when you’re about mid way into the beautiful summer.

Posted Image

New York currently feels like its inside a fat mans sock. I. E. humid and gross. You know when u get that permanent Sweaty upper lip…type disgusting I know but don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about.

Posted Image

A week before graduation I attended the classic party every American teenager goes to despite the really bad music – this is known as prom. What can I say? Those of you who have been probably know exactly what I’m talking about. Of course I had a beautiful time but I’ll attribute that to the fact that I partied with my awesome friends all night.  Not to mention awkwardly avoiding teachers because you may or may not have had some champagne and it would be weird to talk to them. Not to the prom dj’s who feel the need to play “please don’t stop the music†(what a prom classic I know they played that at your prom!) 5 times in 3 hours. Of course despite all of these weird prom factors, I got to spend an entire weekend kicking it with my high school homies. It was a great way to end the year.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This past weekend I went to a music festival upstate and truly had the most beautiful time. It was a little bit outside of New York, the vibes were amazing. Great crowd of people too and my god I heard such incredible music. Big Gigantic played a set right as the sun was setting and it started to rain but it just made everyone that much more into it and it was just an hour of everyone stomping and dancing in the mud. WOW AND THE PEOPLE YOU SEE!! For example a completely butt ass nekkid man that was running around during a GRiZ set trying to start up fights with people. Or the man who was literally dancing with a stick for like 45 mins. A stick. A little stick. No one gives a rats booty about anything and it’s so great. I think music festivals bring out the animal in you especially if it’s a camping festival. Your phone is dead like three hours in and obviously you can’t plug it anywhere. There’s nothing to do but sleep, eat, dance around like crazy and listen to bomb ass music. You get so dirty but you don’t even think about that. There is so much that you just don’t care about because there’s nothing u can do about the dreads in your hair or the actual layer of dirt on you, or your dead phone, or like ridiculously muddy shoes (peep the instagram). You just end up letting everything rock and focus on the music and the people around you. The other awesome thing is that literally everyone is on the same boats as you; all there to appreciate the music, and the sense of togetherness is like nothing I ever have experienced. I truly hope I can go to another one sometime soon it was an amazing weekend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That’s about all I have to update you on so far. But yay me I made it out of high school alive and well! I hope you all are having an amazing summer and I HOPE you all are able to experience some live music somewhere, whom ever your favorite artists may be.

PEACE!!

-LOLAXO

Well, good on her. I hope she finds her passion in life like her mother and makes a huge success of it much like her mother. Certainly, she is able to get her foot in the door than most of her peers, if she goes into fashion an/or entertainment.  Hopefully she'll utilize that "in", yet don't abuse or throw it down the drain. She seems quite ambitious and level headed from what I can tell, so I feel good things are coming for her.