Edit History

androiduser

androiduser

I think the fans expect every successful part of her career to be covered, which would make this movie just an endless sequence of music videos and concert performances. And on top of that she would have to squeeze in the pre-fame years and all the personal relationships (family, kids, friends, lovers). This is impossible without a major MAJOR cleanup leaving just the most fundamental career highlights (and even then some major eras are bound to be neglected) and the most important personal moments. This would work much better as a TV series.

What's interesting is that there have been some amazing biographical movies that focus just on a specific brief moment in somebody's life and tell the whole story through that angle. For example "A Weekend with Marilyn" and the most recent Diana movie "Spencer". I don't think Madonna will take that route, but it would have been very interesting to just focus on the pre-fame days with some flash forwards to the most spectacular career highlights and controversies, as a way to show the stark contrast between the two worlds, and at the same time connect the different eras and show both progress and setbacks.

What worries me the most is that every successful biography has to show the main character as a multidimensional character with all their flaws and negative sides. I'm just not sure if Madonna will do that, portray herself in negative light at some points in her life? I am not sure if she can objectively portray herself as a fully developed character, and not just constantly praise herself  in a "me against the world" tale.

I'd love to see a movie portraying just a small part of her life, focusing on full character development.

androiduser

androiduser

I think the fans expect every successful part of her career to be covered, which would make this movie just an endless sequence of music videos and concert performances. And on top of that she would have to squeeze in the pre-fame years and all the personal relationships (family, kids, friends, lovers). This is impossible without major a MAJOR cleanup leaving just the most fundamental career highlights (and even then some major eras are bound to be neglected) and the most important personal moments. This would work much better as a TV series.

What's interesting is that there have been some amazing biographical movies that focus just on a specific brief moment in somebody's life and tell the whole story through that angle. For example "A Weekend with Marilyn" and the most recent Diana movie "Spencer". I don't think Madonna will take that route, but it would have been very interesting to just focus on the pre-fame days with some flash forwards to the most spectacular career highlights and controversies, as a way to show the stark contrast between the two worlds, and at the same time connect the different eras and show both progress and setbacks.

What worries me the most is that every successful biography has to show the main character as a multidimensional character with all their flaws and negative sides. I'm just not sure if Madonna will do that, portray herself in negative light at some points in her life? I am not sure if she can objectively portray herself as a fully developed character, and not just constantly praise herself  in a "me against the world" tale.

I'd love to see a movie portraying just a small part of her life, focusing on full character development.

Important Information

Terms of Use