Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

10 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Madonna working with Babyface was damage control and her "playing the game" and being a good girl to the label and the audience, more than anything else. Plus she hasn't really gone back to the song since its release, except for some dates during the "Rebel Heart Tour".

And that is the reason why "Bedtime Stories" was my first disappointment with Madonna. And the sound of Babyface always bored me. Too cheesy.

Well... at least we got Sanctuary and Bedtime Story.

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

And that is the reason why "Bedtime Stories" was my first disappointment with Madonna. Well... at least we got Sanctuary and Bedtime Story.

Well I love the album but I can see why it's not for everyone, especially coming from her previous work.

But anyway she was smart enough to do that. Without it maybe she wouldn't even have a career now or she would be 100% a legacy act.

23 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Well I love the album but I can see why it's not for everyone, especially coming from her previous work.

But anyway she was smart enough to do that. Without it maybe she wouldn't even have a career now or she would be 100% a legacy act.

I don’t agree. In Europe and Asia her career was safe enough even with Sex and Erotica. Bedtime Stories was made for USA. And from "American Life" we have seen that she could live without being successful in the USA and still sell millions of records worldwide.

5 hours ago, MPowered said:

I’m currently pessimistic about any of these releases, so I think this is what we're getting:

1. Drowned World/Substitute For Love

2. Drowned World/Substitute For Love (BT & Sasha's Bucklodge Ashram Remix)

3. Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Remix Edit)

4. Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Remix)

5. Sky Fits Heaven (Victor Calderone Remix Edit)

This is what I thought and it us what is copyrighted don't know about track 1

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Does anyone have Drowned World / Substitute For Love (BT & Sasha’s Bucklodge Ashram Remix) 7:47 in wav or flac?

CD2 of this compilation is all mixed as one seamless DJ mix, so it's really just the full length remix that doesn't have the full intro or outro.  The ending blend's into BT's mix of DJ Rap's Bad Girl.

This is the hidden content, please

Edited by luckypierre78 (see edit history)

According to Popjustice "Drowned World / Substitute For Love" coming at midnight

1.Drowned World / Substitute For Love

2.Drowned World / Substitute For Love (BT And Sasha Ashram Bucklodge Remix)

3.Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Remix)

4.Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Remix Edit)

5.Sky Fits Heaven (Victor Calderone Remix Edit)

1336707788_DrownedWorld-official1000x1000(1).thumb.jpg.71fe6efeb99abade8dc4a33ac485f449.jpg

just rehearsing for tomorrow lol

5 hours ago, MPowered said:

You can't deny that it has that mid 90s ballad cheese all over it. It's a gorgeous song, definitely one of my faves but the production or at least the percussion track is VERY dated. The remixes even more so.

I still enjoy that "cheese" though. I agree Take A Bow is very much a sound of its time.  If you were around and engaged in music in the 90's, you know by just listening to it, that song's success is derivative to the popular R&B sound at the time. But like you said, "it's a gorgeous song" and it thankfully helped softened up her image in the U.S. when it was needed.  Both follow up singles Bedtime Story and Human Nature were overshadowed by the success of Take A Bow specifically in the U.S. Radio played the hell out of that song, and is the main reason that song was such a huge hit. 

6 hours ago, MPowered said:

I also think a Mariah/J.Lo-esque type of remix that featured a rapper and had a different melody, production and slightly different lyrics would have been interesting. They were all the rage back in the 90s and early 00s.

TAB was *just* before that trend really took off though. Mariah’s Fantasy, which was by no means the very first but was what really set that example, was later in 1995.

M herself could have been ahead of that “thug luv” trend if Warner had let her use the Tupac version of IRBYL. She even did it w/the Waiting mix in ‘93. But Fantasy is what really kickstarted that whole thing.

I don’t mind the remixed it got. I think they were just trying to give it even more r&b appeal. They’re not great but they very similar to what was popular in the US at that time.

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

Both follow up singles Bedtime Story and Human Nature were overshadowed by the success of Take A Bow specifically in the U.S. Radio played the hell out of that song, and is the main reason that song was such a huge hit. 

In Europe TAB wasn't a hit. Sales of the single were discreet.

7 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

And that is the reason why "Bedtime Stories" was my first disappointment with Madonna. And the sound of Babyface always bored me. Too cheesy.

Well... at least we got Sanctuary and Bedtime Story.

Aww. But LTTWM and Inside of Me though. 🥰

You’re right though, it’s a very US-oriented album. I like Survival but it sounds so much like what was on the radio at the time. And then the fact that Secret came out right around the same time as the very similar Creep by TLC, also co-written/produced by Dallas Austin.

4 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Aww. But LTTWM and Inside of Me though. 🥰

You’re right though, it’s a very US-oriented album. I like Survival but it sounds so much like what was on the radio at the time. And then the fact that Secret came out right around the same time as the very similar Creep by TLC, also co-written/produced by Dallas Austin.

Bedtime Stories is a very good album. I can't deny that. But It was a let down after Erotica/Sex.

12 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

In Europe TAB wasn't a hit. Sales of the single were discreet.

Yes, this is why I specifically stated "in the U.S.".  Take A bow was a hit (in the U.S.) because radio played it a lot.  Sales in the U.S. weren't as huge as one would think for a song that topped the charts for seven weeks in a row.  Radio played a huge role in TAB's success.

11 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Bedtime Stories is a very good album. I can't deny that. But It was a let down after Erotica/Sex.

I would say this is quite subjective.  I suspect it was a "let down" to you and any others due to the nature of the sound it took.  Much of the album sound was definitely aimed at the current U.S. sound at the time. I personally liked the album better than Erotica. 

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I would say this is quite subjective.  I suspect it was a "let down" to you and any others due to the nature of the sound it took.  Much of the album sound was definitely aimed at the current U.S. sound at the time.

Of course. My opinions are always subjective by definition. I have never tried to pass off my opinions as facts. :)

3 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Of course. My opinions are always subjective by definition. I have never tried to pass off my opinions as facts. :)

Oh please don't think that is what I was alluding to? :)  After all, I recognize a lot more fans probably agree with you that Bedtime Stories is a "let down" to them after Erotica.  It's just I personally prefer Bedtime Stories.  I'm sure there are others feel the same as me as well.  Bedtime Stories is such a lovely album. Her voice is so beautiful throughout.  I love hearing this softer side of her as well.  No doubt, quite a contrast to how she sounded on Erotica.  But that's why I love Madonna so much. Each album tends to be different from each other.  BS is definitely the underdog in her discography.

2 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

According to Popjustice "Drowned World / Substitute For Love" coming at midnight

1.Drowned World / Substitute For Love

2.Drowned World / Substitute For Love (BT And Sasha Ashram Bucklodge Remix)

3.Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Remix)

4.Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Remix Edit)

5.Sky Fits Heaven (Victor Calderone Remix Edit)

1336707788_DrownedWorld-official1000x1000(1).thumb.jpg.71fe6efeb99abade8dc4a33ac485f449.jpg

just rehearsing for tomorrow lol

What do I win? 😂😜