MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

18 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

I wouldn't blame anyone, honestly. Actually, I completely understand where all the rumors and speculations are coming from. 

Warner simply cannot just announce something so significant, especially for fans, and then go dead quiet for 2 years without specifying a single thing for such a long period of time, moreover expecting fans not to be pissed off. 

If we really won't get any significant announcement on July 27th, and I mean really significant like the info about the first reissue, at least (not pre-order, just more specific info for her 40th anniversary), not another holographic sleeve, slipmat etc. Then all this cooperation of Warner and Madonna is just ridiculous and not serving her any good, sorry to say. 

But that's the thing, you assume it's just about the re-issues.  There's more to the deal and yes, Warner has  been active since the announcement.  They were behind the release of MX tour digitally and on streaming. This is why they went ahead with the announcement when they did.  Again, it's a MULTI-YEAR deal.  Also, FEL was released under this deal.  So saying they are being "dead quiet for 2 years" is misleading.  They don't owe a further explanation of what the deal is about when it's clearly laid out in the statement.  The fact is; you and others are only zooming into one part of the deal that you only want. You are ignoring what has already come of it and what else is possible, other than the re-issues.

I personally didn't expect any re-issues until the debut album anniversary.  It only makes sense to do it now, being the deal was to celebrate her 40 year career.  This week would be a perfect opportunity to kick off the re-issues of the landmark albums, starting with the debut album.  It totally makes sense.  But I don't expect every album to be re-issued and I certainly don't expect this will all happen in just a couple of years.  In fact, I'm inclined to believe LAV will get its re-issue at the end of next year when its anniversary comes along.  Whether that's the case or not, we will have to wait.  :)

34 minutes ago, tscott said:

But that's the thing, you assume it's just about the re-issues.  There's more to the deal and yes, Warner has  been active since the announcement.  They were behind the release of MX tour digitally and on streaming. This is why they went ahead with the announcement when they did.  Again, it's a MULTI-YEAR deal.  Also, FEL was released under this deal.  So saying they are being "dead quiet for 2 years" is misleading.  They don't owe a further explanation of what the deal is about when it's clearly laid out in the statement.  The fact is; you and others are only zooming into one part of the deal that you only want. You are ignoring what has already come of it and what else is possible, other than the re-issues.

I personally didn't expect any re-issues until the debut album anniversary.  It only makes sense to do it now, being the deal was to celebrate her 40 year career.  This week would be a perfect opportunity to kick off the re-issues of the landmark albums, starting with the debut album.  It totally makes sense.  But I don't expect every album to be re-issued and I certainly don't expect this will all happen in just a couple of years.  In fact, I'm inclined to believe LAV will get its re-issue at the end of next year when its anniversary comes along.  Whether that's the case or not, we will have to wait.  :)

You are just repeating yourself now. The whole point is the lack of any communication from Warner. We would not be even discussing this, if they would have properly announced what is planned and what not. It is simple as that. And I am not talking about any specific deadlines, just general info.

It is like saying to you "I come to visit you" (so you would expect me to come rather sooner then later). But no, first I randomly send you flowers in 2021, then I will unexpectedly show at front of your door two years later just like that. 

Yes, they own us at least a bit of explanation, and not no further communication for 2 years. We are not talking here about some random new artist, but about Madonna for christ sake, the most successful female artist of all time, and her landmark reissues and any other stuff that multi-year deal might bring. That deserves a bit of clarification. 

10 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

You are just repeating yourself now. The whole point is the lack of any communication from Warner. We would not be even discussing this, if they would have properly announced what is planned and what not. It is simple as that. And I am not talking about any specific deadlines, just general info.

It is like saying to you "I come to visit you" (so you would expect me to come rather sooner then later). But no, first I randomly send you flowers in 2021, then I will unexpectedly show at front of your door two years later just like that. 

Yes, they own us at least a bit of explanation, and not no further communication for 2 years. We are not talking here about some random new artist, but about Madonna for christ sake, the most successful female artist of all time, and her landmark reissues and any other stuff that multi-year deal might bring. That deserves a bit of clarification. 

It's true! We've both have exhausted our argument and now are just going in circles.  I personally don't need anymore of an explanation because the deal is pretty explanatory to me.

I think we both can agree though that we are eager for the first re-issue.  It'll come.  I'm patient.  Meanwhile, I"ve enjoyed the MX tour and FEL they released through this deal.  Peace and Love! :heart:

1 hour ago, HC Charge said:

I wouldn't blame anyone, honestly. Actually, I completely understand where all the rumors and speculations are coming from. 

Warner simply cannot just announce something so significant, especially for fans, and then go dead quiet for 2 years without specifying a single thing for such a long period of time, moreover expecting fans not to be pissed off or narrating it themselves. 

If we really won't get any significant announcement on July 27th, and I mean really significant like the info about the first reissue, at least (not pre-order, just more specific info for her 40th anniversary), not another holographic sleeve, slipmat etc. Then all this cooperation of Warner and Madonna is just ridiculous and not serving her any good, sorry to say. 

IMG_0915.gif.a6e6fb0fbf6d731fb119595ba4eb5507.gif

1 hour ago, HC Charge said:

Warner simply cannot just announce something so significant, especially for fans, and then go dead quiet for 2 years without specifying a single thing for such a long period of time, moreover expecting fans not to be pissed off or narrating it themselves. 

IMG_0915.gif.a6e6fb0fbf6d731fb119595ba4eb5507.gif

45 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

IMG_0922.gif.161524952ab533a16317284bb4efce8e.gif

35 minutes ago, Shoful said:

They’ve recently been announcing shit on Tuesdays so hopefully tomorrow and if not then Thursday:drama:

Let’s hope, but I don’t have much faith in Guy or anniversary re-issues.

An artist of M’s stature should have several amazing box sets of her albums by now. 

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

They’ve recently been announcing shit on Tuesdays so hopefully tomorrow and if not then Thursday:drama:

My guess, if anything happens,  it will be Thursday,  but I'm happy if it happens anytime earlier.  I won't be too disappointed if anything isn't announced on Thursday as I know sometimes these type anniversaries tend to be celebrated randomly within the actual time of its anniversary.  I know U2 didn't announce a new 30th Anniversary limited edition release of Zooropa until weeks after its anniversary.

30 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

An artist of M’s stature should have several amazing box sets of her albums by now. 

Absolutely. We have to remember other unfortunate factors here- a lazy, bare minimum label and an artist that seems bothered any time she has to revisit the past.

I do like FEL. It’s a nice little addition to her catalogue. It shouldn’t be the only major release of this deal, and it’s certainly not necessary to keep reissuing it (especially in place of other potential releases).

It wouldn’t surprise me at all though if they had to practically handcuff her to a chair to get through all the tracks.

Really the 2001 remasters were chintzy on bonuses too. Even for 2001 standards.

39 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Absolutely. We have to remember other unfortunate factors here- a lazy, bare minimum label and an artist that seems bothered any time she has to revisit the past.

I do like FEL. It’s a nice little addition to her catalogue. It shouldn’t be the only major release of this deal, and it’s certainly not necessary to keep reissuing it (especially in place of other potential releases).

It wouldn’t surprise me at all though if they had to practically handcuff her to a chair to get through all the tracks.

Really the 2001 remasters were chintzy on bonuses too. Even for 2001 standards.

34 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I think we will get the 1st album reissue sometime soon. Guy O changed his profile pic to the album cover. I don’t think there will be announcements. That’s not something her team really does anymore. Things just happen.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense, just to release something so significant every fan is waiting for without any special announcement :Madonna002:

They were able to announce FEL months before release, so I really don't see a reason to be dead quiet even on July 27th that marks her 40th anniversary in the business. Who else achieved that? She deserves to be properly celebrated!