MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

2 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

I really don't know why it is so difficult to grasp that Warner f*cked it up completely. 

You simply cannot promise landmark reissue in 2021 for the most successful and iconic popstar on Earth and then do absolutely nothing for more than 2 years now, even ignoring her 40th anniversary, while every other average popstar is pumping up all sorts of reissues/anniversary releases. 

All excitement of fans from back then is gone. 

But I guess some are just happy with Instagram posts of Madonna dancing on Lucky Star song. :Madonna021:

I mean, if you can't follow the pattern at this point, then I can't really help you.  It's been all but spelled out here and elsewhere.

Two years ago they issued the press release announcing the reissue campaign.  Since then, they've released some "unique" things (American Life, Who's That Girl) for "special events" (RSD, Everybody/Erotica anniversaries) just as the press release stated.  One year after the release we got FEL.  Now, 2 years after FEL, we were scheduled for the first album.  The reason we don't have it yet is because M got sick.  They made an announcement telling all the world that she would "need to pause all commitments, which includes the tour".  Now what other commitments do you think Guy was referring to?  A fucking gynaecologist appointment??  They're talking about the reissues.  Now as to why they're still waiting is anyone's guess.  Probably waiting to ride the buzz from the beginning of the tour, of I had to guess.  But that's the (incredibly obvious to absolutely anyone with any sense whatsoever) commitment they're referring to that they needed to pause.  

3 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

I mean, if you can't follow the pattern at this point, then I can't really help you.  It's been all but spelled out here and elsewhere.

Two years ago they issued the press release announcing the reissue campaign.  Since then, they've released some "unique" things (American Life, Who's That Girl) for "special events" (RSD, Everybody/Erotica anniversaries) just as the press release stated.  One year after the release we got FEL.  Now, 2 years after FEL, we were scheduled for the first album.  The reason we don't have it yet is because M got sick.  They made an announcement telling all the world that she would "need to pause all commitments, which includes the tour".  Now what other commitments do you think Guy was referring to?  A fucking gynaecologist appointment??  They're talking about the reissues.  Now as to why they're still waiting is anyone's guess.  Probably waiting to ride the buzz from the beginning of the tour, of I had to guess.  But that's the (incredibly obvious to absolutely anyone with any sense whatsoever) commitment they're referring to that they needed to pause.  

Here comes the users:

"But nothing was promised for 40th anniversary, it is your fault you set up false expectations" 

"Stop fixing on press release promising us landmark reissue from 2 years ago" 

"It will come when it's ready" 

:Madonna002:

At this point I’m relaxed on if or ever we will get an expanded release - I think a lot of the frustration here is other artists are putting out expanded releases now with unreleased content ( Prince , Mariah etc ) 

if we don’t get anything I don’t care anymore - I’ll stick with the demos I’ve bought and downloaded from here …

43 minutes ago, scallywally said:

They said the box sets were going to be personally worked on by Madonna, I guess the tour and then her almost dying has delayed things. It is what it is. Id rather her do her legacy right than men in suits doing a rush job because were moaning. 

I'm not sure that is entirely the case since this has been something in the works since before August 2021 and the tour wasn't thought of until Madonna kicked the idea around soon after FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE was released. 

My take, after not seeing the "deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums" materialize yet, is that it's possible Madonna is objecting to doing what all other artists are doing when releasing new expanded re-issues. It seems the majority of this deal (so far) is either focused on updating her digital/streaming catalog and curating "unique releases" instead.  FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE definitely falls under "unique releases" and I would say so was AMERICAN LIFE Mix show and the Madame X Live Experience.   Unfortunately, I think as fans, we put too much weight on the "expanded deluxe editions of her landmark albums", while ignoring this is a deal encompasses her entire Sire/Maverick/Warner catalog which will happen over multiple years. It opens the door to special releases and re-issues which never was defined to just re-issues or any specific format whether that be physical, digital or streaming.  

It's possible the tour being put off until October, could have changed things as well as you stated.  No doubt her official store was going to be stocked with nostalgic items that centered around the Celebration Tour which is celebrating her 40 years in the business. So it's possible, her official store will start offering re-issues or box sets of certain landmark albums once the tour begins.  I know many doubt that, and I for one have some doubts as well, but it's not impossible to think a tour celebrating her 40 years won't have something that is dedicated to her actual music catalog beyond what's been released so far digitally and physically.  In fact, it makes more and more sense to think the speculation of re-issuing the Celebration album to coincide with this tour.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next month. :)

I agree! I actually meant back then there was the movie coming up the box sets being made (so they say) then M asked for movie or tour? (you know she doesnt listen to us haha). We were gonna get the tour anyway so the tour rehearsals with her changing mind mightve delayed her finishing the box sets and then becoming ill it mightve been inappropriate to announce one coming out when she was ill.  You know the media would say her illness that was almost fatal was a publicity stunt. They did about her fall at the Brits! 

If they were done by m and her vision (like the movie issues) we know she's stubborn) I dont mind them taking their time no rush.   

I mean, yeah it’s obvious, assuming the first reissue was scheduled to be announced by the start of the tour

Every other scenario should be unaffected by the illness:

- if it was scheduled to be released by the start of the tour, we would have had an announcement and then a delay on the actual release

- nothing was then programmed to be released before the tour (leaving FEL as the only “big” release in the first 2 years of the announcement)

- if it was scheduled to be announced after the start of the tour, the date should be relatively unaffected, it would be delayed by 1-2 months at the most, and we are reaching that point now

- if it was planned to be a Christmas release or later, the illness would not affect this 

we read here from an “insider” that nothing was planned for the actual 40 year anniversary (which I find hard to believe, but let’s go with that theory) so it is very likely that the illness did not  affect the schedule. 

this is pure speculation on my part, so if I’m wrong that’s life haha

Edited by Diieeego
Grammar lol (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Haralampos said:

I don't know if it's a hint but this link went live a day before the 40th Anniversary of the first album. Of course doesn't mean anything cause might be an auto-generated link. 

https://m.lnk.to/madonna40

Probably just to promote the album and not meaning a reissue.Thought it was a hidden presave link and I almost crap my pants 

Ok, so let's summarize this discussion once again 

"But nothing was promised for 40th anniversary" 

"Stop fixing on press release promising us landmark reissue from 2 years ago" 

"It will come when it's ready" 

Only 10 more pages of the same arguments and then we can move on probably :Madonna005:

On 9/11/2023 at 11:43 PM, DaddyZ said:

I come here every couple of months to check in for news but I also kind of stopped giving a fuck. 

Zero expectations lead to way less disappointment. 🤗

Every time I come in here I’m shocked to see fans clinging on for dear life to some form of hope. We have a tour coming, it’s far more exciting than a re-release of an old album. After that I say let the celebrations wrap up and move onto a new album.

46 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Every time I come in here I’m shocked to see fans clinging on for dear life to some form of hope. We have a tour coming, it’s far more exciting than a re-release of an old album. After that I say let the celebrations wrap up and move onto a new album.

But that's your opinion. I'm excited about the new tour (but only because it's a greatest hits tour, I'm not interested in anything she released in Interscope), but not about a new album. Since Madame X album and then the questionable remixes she released last year and also a strange song like Vulgar, I'm not excited for a release of a new album anymore. I prefer a re-release of her old albums with deluxe editions, etc.

5 hours ago, lap said:

But that's your opinion. I'm excited about the new tour (but only because it's a greatest hits tour, I'm not interested in anything she released in Interscope), but not about a new album. Since Madame X album and then the questionable remixes she released last year and also a strange song like Vulgar, I'm not excited for a release of a new album anymore. I prefer a re-release of her old albums with deluxe editions, etc.

You sound like the worst kind of fan, stuck in the past. Pretty sure the latest album you liked by Madonna is Confessions. 

6 hours ago, lap said:

For me, I love to have it all... the tour, the re-issues, new album, etc.  Those who do cling on to hope; it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't excited for the tour or anything else.  The big thing I keep in mind, is not to "expect", especially things that were never said.  I love chatting about what's possible, and even wishful thinking, but it doesn't mean I am not excited for anything else that is currently happening. I'm not really interested in having a meltdown over it all either, especially when nothing specifically has been set in stone.  :)

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

You sound like the worst kind of fan, stuck in the past. Pretty sure the latest album you liked by Madonna is Confessions. 

I think the same about fans like you. Eveything is great, untouchble, living in a bubble. Go ahead, and wait she performs Material growlllll, Hung up on Toskicha and Sickick'S Frozen on tour. I will expect Material girl, Frozen and Hung up. And you are wrong. My latest enjoyable album is Hard candy (and half of Rebel Heart).

7 hours ago, lap said:

I think the same about fans like you. Eveything is great, untouchble, living in a bubble. Go ahead, and wait she performs Material growlllll, Hung up on Toskicha and Sickick'S Frozen on tour. I will expect Material girl, Frozen and Hung up. And you are wrong. My latest enjoyable album is Hard candy (and half of Rebel Heart).

I never said everything is great and untouchable. But when I read people like you that didn’t like basically anything she did in the last 15 years it makes me wonder. Madonna is all about changing and evolving. Since day 1. Doesn’t mean you have to like everything but 15 years? 

There's clearing something happening now that the tour and things are back on track - the MTV Celebrate Madonna 40 years - it's all coming together - let's put on the Kruder mix to NRM and meditate and take a few deep breaths - if that fails - a Xanax and a tall glass of Ciconne red :P

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

I never said everything is great and untouchable. But when I read people like you that didn’t like basically anything she did in the last 15 years it makes me wonder. Madonna is all about changing and evolving. Since day 1. Doesn’t mean you have to like everything but 15 years? 

Did you not read I like half of Rebel Heart? I'm not the only who didn't enjoy the Interscope years. On the other hand, this kind of embarrassment about other people's opinion doesn't work with me. I have my opinion and that's it. I didn't enjoy Madonna's releases in the last years, but I'm still a fan of her previous work. If you think she changed for good with Madame X and the remixes from the last years, great for you, but they didn't work for me. Sorry, if it bothers you. Anyway, I'm thrilled about  GREATEST HITS tour and also the forthcoming EXPANDED LANDMARK ALBUNS.