Edit History

Vogue Italia

Vogue Italia

22 hours ago, Piksel8 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2022/jan/04/talents-madonna-son-divide-critics-secret-artist-rocco-ritchie?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR24c9Bk8nbe9-n6EV2TznO1tZDmm1O07e5s2MR19ANiYCvLcWBNqrUVvg8#Echobox=

I'm somehow not surprised by how critics now are starting to be vocal (and HARSH) about his work after being revealed to be Madonna's son. It's like a curse. The fact that he sold paintings at 5 figures without revealing his identity shows strong potential and how his work appeals to artists (new, old, growing or wealthy).

Madonna's ex-boyfriend, the famed artist Jean-Michel Basquiat once said, “I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."

I'm glad Rocco has found a creative outlet that he's dedicated to. The Tanya Baxter Contemporary likens his work to Basquiat and Banksy, but I think it's more reminiscent of the artist Francis Bacon. Madonna owns a Bacon.

Vogue Italia

Vogue Italia

21 hours ago, Piksel8 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2022/jan/04/talents-madonna-son-divide-critics-secret-artist-rocco-ritchie?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR24c9Bk8nbe9-n6EV2TznO1tZDmm1O07e5s2MR19ANiYCvLcWBNqrUVvg8#Echobox=

I'm somehow not surprised by how critics now are starting to be vocal (and HARSH) about his work after being revealed to be Madonna's son. It's like a curse. The fact that he sold paintings at 5 figures without revealing his identity shows strong potential and how his work appeals to artists (new, old, growing or wealthy).

Madonna's ex-boyfriend, the famed artist Jean-Michel Basquiat once said, “I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."

I'm glad Rocco has found a creative outlet that he's dedicated to. The King's Road gallery likens his work to Basquiat and Banksy, but I think it's more reminiscent of the artist Francis Bacon. Madonna owns a Bacon.

Vogue Italia

Vogue Italia

I'm glad Rocco has found a creative outlet that he's dedicated to. The King's Road gallery likens his work to Basquiat and Banksy, but I think it's more reminiscent of the figurative artist Francis Bacon. Madonna owns a Bacon.

Vogue Italia

Vogue Italia

I'm glad Rocco has found a creative outlet that he's dedicated to. The King's Road gallery likens his work to Basquiat and Banksy, but I think it's more reminiscent of another great artist, Francis Bacon. Madonna owns a Bacon.

Vogue Italia

Vogue Italia

I'm glad Rocco has found a creative outlet that he's dedicated to. The King's Road gallery likens his work to Basquiat and Banksy, but I think it's more reminiscent of Francis Bacon, another great artist.

Vogue Italia

Vogue Italia

20 hours ago, Piksel8 said:

I'm glad Rocco has found a creative outlet. The King’s Road gallery, likens his work to Basquiat and Banksy, but it looks more reminiscent of Francis Bacon.

Important Information

Terms of Use