Nothing like a good spanky!

truerebel

16 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Who's said it was written in LAP sessions?

It was written by Shep Pettibone and Madonna for Keep It Together to be released in the LAP era, after the successful remix of Express Yourself. Please don't put in my mouth something that I didn't say. I've never said that it should be in "Like A Prayer" album or that It was written in LAP sessions. I've said it belongs to LAP era because it was written to be B-side of KIT, and that it was the Madonna's wish, to close LAP era with Vogue, but Warner changed that.

Of course I understand the reasons why fans are happy with Warner's choice: A successful single and an amazing video. I only keep in mind the original Madonna's idea about Vogue: the final song to close LAP era.

To me the LAP era includes I’m breathless since that didn’t have an era per say. 
I might be wrong about this but there was an interview with Shep where he said Warner wanted a more contemporary closing to the album and that’s what inspired the rap in vogue. 

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

To me the LAP era includes I’m breathless since that didn’t have an era per say. 
I might be wrong about this but there was an interview with Shep where he said Warner wanted a more contemporary closing to the album and that’s what inspired the rap in vogue. 

I only know one thing, it was written as B-Side of KIT thanks to the success of Express Yourself Shep's Remix. After that it's clear that Warner changed the direction of Vogue, and it suffered many (good) alterations.  Vogue (the single version) works perfectly after Like A Prayer singles, and the album version works as the final song of I'm Breathless. 

About I'm Breathless, I think it had a proper era, but it was very short. It's an amazing album but without enough singles (and many tracks could have been singles). To me, if Confessions is an homage to the 70s disco music, then I'm Breathless is an homage to the 30s dancehalls music. Both albums are similar, but the disco music is more popular.

Yes Vogue was created while the promotion for LAP was still going on, Madonna however already moved on and had recorded the whole DT soundtrack by then. Vogue was to be a test to see if Shep and Madonna would be a good fit after his succesful remixes. I never heard that Madonna wanted to keep it as a B-side as it was indeed originally intended, I think she knew she had a monster hit on her hands. I think it's fair to assume that Vogue was put on IB for commercial reasons, it was her biggest hit but it had no home, had it been 10 years later a re-release with Shep's mixes for EY and KIT plus vogue would have made sense, but we weren't living in the bonus cd era yet. Suggesting IB should end with NIFYpt2 is funny as that song was specifically created to make the segue to Vogue less harsh, so without Vogue there was no NIFYpt2 to begin with. As much as I love Supernatural and think it fits LAP that song was originally created for inclusion on True Blue.

To stay on topic ;-) I adore the Hanky Panky release, I think it was the first single where I owned the 5", 7" and 12", I think I aslo had the cassette but I'm not sure. But that sleeve was and is everything to me. Not sure if the remix has aged that well but I remember it being so much fun, and seeing her perform HP live in Rotterdam was a dream!

5 minutes ago, rescueme said:

Off topic but Candy Shop was the first song Madonna ever wrote, she wanted it to be on every album but the record company execs were scared it was too good and she'd never top it so they kept saying NO!

True story.

200% this. 

27 minutes ago, rescueme said:

Off topic but Candy Shop was the first song Madonna ever wrote, she wanted it to be on every album but the record company execs were scared it was too good and she'd never top it so they kept saying NO!

True story.

Fact! She wrote it for Patrick Hernandes when she was in paris, (there is also a version with a list of candies in French, a very low fi recording of her and someone on a harmonica exists, but it's being kept under wraps by the collectors) upon finishing it was clear the PH thing was not gonna get her anywhere and she knew how great a song CS would be so kept it for herself and headed back to NY

11 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

Yes Vogue was created while the promotion for LAP was still going on, Madonna however already moved on and had recorded the whole DT soundtrack by then. Vogue was to be a test to see if Shep and Madonna would be a good fit after his succesful remixes. I never heard that Madonna wanted to keep it as a B-side as it was indeed originally intended, I think she knew she had a monster hit on her hands. I think it's fair to assume that Vogue was put on IB for commercial reasons, it was her biggest hit but it had no home, had it been 10 years later a re-release with Shep's mixes for EY and KIT plus vogue would have made sense, but we weren't living in the bonus cd era yet. Suggesting IB should end with NIFYpt2 is funny as that song was specifically created to make the segue to Vogue less harsh, so without Vogue there was no NIFYpt2 to begin with. As much as I love Supernatural and think it fits LAP that song was originally created for inclusion on True Blue.

To stay on topic ;-) I adore the Hanky Panky release, I think it was the first single where I owned the 5", 7" and 12", I think I aslo had the cassette but I'm not sure. But that sleeve was and is everything to me. Not sure if the remix has aged that well but I remember it being so much fun, and seeing her perform HP live in Rotterdam was a dream!

Wait...what? Supernatural was for True Blue!? 

On 7/19/2022 at 3:50 AM, Pretender1978 said:

Suggesting IB should end with NIFYpt2 is funny as that song was specifically created to make the segue to Vogue less harsh, so without Vogue there was no NIFYpt2 to begin with. As much as I love Supernatural and think it fits LAP that song was originally created for inclusion on True Blue.

Never knew either of these things. Interesting.

10 hours ago, rescueme said:

Your avatar and the thought of fisting is not a great combination lol. Anyways back to Hanky Panky...

Lol are you saying cuz of the blood or because you know who the character is? Either way...when Hanky Panky turns violent!