U2 Fires Manager Guy Oseary

Shoful

51 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I can’t help but think Madonna is destroying her legacy herself not Guy. He’s not forcing her to go on instagram and TikTok posting bizarre things or telling her to get her tatters out to show she’s still got it. 

I think it should be considered too that A LOT changed with pop stars and celebrity culture in the past 10-15 years. Madonna's career was NEVER about fan engagement and then fan engagement became an integral part of being a celebrity.

1 hour ago, vadge said:

Then you misunderstood my point. I mentioned Britney/Mariah's corrupt teams and MJ/Prince/Whitney's abusive enablers because that was the exact point I was making. It's not far fetched to consider that Madonna's team may be corrupt and/or abusive enablers. And I gave the Nicki Minaj example as a preemptive strike against the predictable response which you predictably gave - that the idea of being paid to sabotage someone is some kind of delusional crackpot idea... Well it happens.

You know, FreeBritney started with fans like yourself who tried to humiliate other Britney stans for questioning what was going on. The same fans later who later jumped on the bandwagon once it was more socially acceptable. 

For the record I love her recent output and 2022 Madonna is my favourite version of her. I'm literally just hypothesising, it's not that deep.

Okay well the part that threw me off was the conspiracy theory that people are being paid to sabotage her career. I don't see what would be the purpose of that?

Sorry if it seemed I was trying to humiliate you but after the last few years of anti vaxxers and Qanon theories I really get turned off by conspiracies. But yes, you are right, sometimes it can turn out to be true. (Eg Britney.)

17 minutes ago, Jackie said:

That’s true - the photo shoots are also owned by the magazines paying for the shoot -

Final shots only, that means if a photoshoot is for a magazine it's per shot not the full shoot. It's between the photographer & the magazine only. If the photoshoot is for album it's different story.

4 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Also what I know, M careless about those stuff (especially photoshoots) like she just chose what she likes with the help of photographers & just move on. Unlike other celebrities like for example Janet she always demands to get everything including outtakes.

Yes makes sense and yes makes sense also about magazines paying per shot vs the entire shoot. 

13 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Well, there's a reason for that - they are amazing, Cameron, Rankin, Klein, Mert & Marcus, Miesel, the best!

It's also interesting that despite the leaks, nothing as far I am aware is circling from the Klein V magazine shoot in 2014.

The most expensive photographers are Testion & M&M.

About leaks, everything after what happened in 2014 stopped. So Interview & RH shoots are available with few people but won't see the light at least for now. I remember I saw some bts shots from LFL video... I feel bad I didn't buy back then.

17 hours ago, MattyMads said:

I can’t help but think Madonna is destroying her legacy herself not Guy. He’s not forcing her to go on instagram and TikTok posting bizarre things or telling her to get her tatters out to show she’s still got it. 

None of those things you mentioned are why her career fell apart, they are simply bad ideas from a PR standpoint. Nobody is going to convince me that Madonna went into terminal decline because she decided to start posting dumb shit on social media. The destruction of her legacy is about awful quality control and stupid strategic decisions. These are things her incompetent team need to be held accountable for and that includes Guy. 

41 minutes ago, Desolation Row said:

None of those things you mentioned are why her career fell apart, they are simply bad ideas from a PR standpoint. Nobody is going to convince me that Madonna went into terminal decline because she decided to start posting dumb shit on social media. The destruction of her legacy is about awful quality control and stupid strategic decisions. These are things her incompetent team need to be held accountable for and that includes Guy. 

I just think it's the market - and the market isn't liking what she's delivering. We all lost our shit in the MDNA era because she did 'zero' promotion - RH she promoted the fuck outta that album, she was EVERYWHERE - did it help? Nope - made no difference.

We just need to accept that until the market shifts, or she creates something that people really hook into (i.e. Hung Up is a great example after AL), then it's not gonna matter what she does or what her team does.

But, she's still got it and still serving - Frozen the remix - 100 million streams on Spotify - that's incredible! We might not like it, it might not have charted, but that's amazing!

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

I just think it's the market - and the market isn't liking what she's delivering. We all lost our shit in the MDNA era because she did 'zero' promotion - RH she promoted the fuck outta that album, she was EVERYWHERE - did it help? Nope - made no difference.

We just need to accept that until the market shifts, or she creates something that people really hook into (i.e. Hung Up is a great example after AL), then it's not gonna matter what she does or what her team does.

But, she's still got it and still serving - Frozen the remix - 100 million streams on Spotify - that's incredible! We might not like it, it might not have charted, but that's amazing!

You need to remember that she was in a very different place when MDNA and Rebel Heart were released. With MDNA she still appeared to be riding on a high and still managed to have a hit with the help of the Halftime Show, if the album had actually been artistically credible and had real promo than the trajectory of her career would look very different. By the time of Rebel Heart her star had faded and all the promo in the world could not have helped her at all as we saw. MDNA era was when everything went south even though the seeds of her decline had been there since American Life at least. I don't deny that market shifts and ageism played a part in what happened but that alone would not have been enough to send her career into a major decline so rapidly. 

13 minutes ago, Desolation Row said:

You need to remember that she was in a very different place when MDNA and Rebel Heart were released. With MDNA she still appeared to be riding on a high and still managed to have a hit with the help of the Halftime Show, if the album had actually been artistically credible and had real promo than the trajectory of her career would look very different. By the time of Rebel Heart her star had faded and all the promo in the world could not have helped her at all as we saw. MDNA era was when everything went south even though the seeds of her decline had been there since American Life at least.

From the last 3 albums people found the lead singles boring I think. I think those choices alone probably made a big difference. Yes it charted due to some radio deal but I distinctively remember non fans on Facebook not liking GMAYL. And fans all over Madonna forums hated it.

I know a lot of people don’t like Bitch I’m Madonna but the stats suggest it could have been a hit if it was the 1st single from Rebel Heart as it seemed to make an impact with a younger generation. Diplo even told her it should be the first single.

All in all I think too much creative freedom post Warner is probably a big contributing factor. It’s shame because there are some amazing songs on her recent albums and she’s also done some brilliant music videos and live performances.

5 hours ago, twosoulsinaghosttown said:

we don't have to perform politics all the time.

we have to open our eyes all the time

antisemitism is not politics, it's hatred and discrimination

who are you? do you feel offended?

Those who call for less politics are usually the worst ones. Not sorry.

20 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

we have to open our eyes all the time

antisemitism is not politics, it's hatred and discrimination

who are you? do you feel offended?

Those who call for less politics are usually the worst ones. Not sorry.

Calm down, there was no antisemitism in here until you decided to bring it up for no reason.

On 11/4/2022 at 4:48 AM, thegoldencalf said:

No, Madonna will never leave cause she wants to be in control and Guy seems like he’s more her assistant than manager.

Yes and THAT is the problem.

Guy Oseary is not a good manager. Since he's in total control it's not best way to proceed at all. So many examples could be quote. Guy Oseary sucks so much and I'm so sure he did shit to her and she now leave outside of earth because he makes everything to keep her far away from reality.

And the question is : where did all these leaks came from during years ? Of course the best leak time was for REBEL HEART. It appears that some rich fans were able to buy some tracks few hours after they were recorded.

Oh... yes... Madonna's lap top was hacked... But did she had a "My Music" folder on her lap top that also included Arioso, Rain tapes, I can't forget and so on ?

I'm maybe wrong or paranoid but I hate Guy Oseary !

On 11/7/2022 at 7:06 AM, Blue Jean said:

I think the leaks come from all different places not just one person. Every person that works with her in any capacity knows absolutely anything to do with her is of interest to people.

Come on... 

The photos outtakes by dozens... The music of so many different eras bought by same collectible people... The private videos we were never supposed to see once... On a half I'm happy I know them as on the other side nothing is made for her legacy (I mean no re-issue with unreleased stuff ever happened and the Warner thing looks like nothing so far). But the mess, the Rebel heart release was the worst nightmare ever... Which assistant had access to tracks the day they are recorded, the day after, some people owns them. Few weeks later they are everywhere on internet....

And this happened many many times before !

But so far, not anymore.