The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

3 hours ago, stefo said:

One thing about her ability to dance because of her age. I heard about how good the last Beyonce tour was and I went to see something on YT. Well, the show is great but she really doesn't make much when it comes to dancing. I mean real dancing, not just shaking and posing. It's not a crytical comment, it's her style and she does it perfectly, but it's not that much. I don't remember Kyle or Rihanna dancing much either. And of course there's Lady Gaga ... M will do her thing imo, she'll be OK.

Bey is a good example of what I think we can expect from M in a way because Bey also used to be a hardcore dancer but recently she's had some issues out of her hips and feet and just last year had surgery done on her foot as well so she's obviously adapted her dancing style to reflect where her current abilities are given her body. After what happened on the MX Tour, I think we'll see M of course doing choreo but being smart enough to not push beyond what a post-hip surgery body is capable of doing. 

21 hours ago, PM3962 said:

She just said that the tour is scheduled to begin October 14... but first her health. Many websites don't even mention this. It's too late.

How depressing.

Marie from Roxette still toured sat down during a prolonged health battle involving a brain tumour that initially left her unable to speak and sing. 

Madonna went in hospital and has been spotted out and about walking two weeks later. 

Her touring days are not over. 

On 7/11/2023 at 11:08 AM, GregVsMatt said:

The USA 2023 dated merch would be destroyed.

All the other merch including the tour program would be ready in time for London in October 

Depending, if you have only cities with no date like some tourbooks before the only one problem would be the order, the rest would be the same, she´s touring for example Vancouver that would be appear as the first city (July 15th 2023) but finally would be for example on April 2024.

1 hour ago, stancherry said:

Everbody

Lucky

burning up

Physical

Virgin

Groove

Crazy for you

papa

Prayer

Rescue

Erotica

bad girl

Human

Ymlm

power of goodbye

Nrm

cpg

what it feels like for a girl

Music

Die another day

Hold tight

bim

Damn if this was the set list then I hope the venue has a lot of hot dogs :Madonna020:

For a GH tour you’d at least expect Open Your Heart, Express Yourself, Vogue and Hung Up lol

4 hours ago, stancherry said:

Everbody

Lucky

burning up

Physical

Virgin

Groove

Crazy for you

papa

Prayer

Rescue

Erotica

bad girl

Human

Ymlm

power of goodbye

Nrm

cpg

Music

Die another day

Hold tight

bim

Probably fake but don't share in this thread.

9 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

For example I loved what she did with Love spent, on the 2012 tour, very meaningful, expresive, heartbreaking and sensual at the same time, but it was not aerobical super exhausting or needed a very complex choreo really.

Oh this is super interesting for me, wich recent performances we consider good examples of effective theatrical mise en scene.

I'd go with HUMAN NATURE, Love Spent and I'm a Sinner/Cyber-raga from MDNA

Iconic, HEARTBREAK CITY/Love don't live here anymore, Material girl from Rebel Heart

Human Nature, EXTREME OCCIDENT, Frozen, Come alive from Madame X

And then there are simple singing performances in different styles like True Blue, American Life, Rebel Heart, Burning up, I don't give a, La vie en rose or Welcome to my fado club for example :cute:

Still I think she did not explore this path as deeply as she did with her most energetic side and I hope it's gonna be the huge surprise of the future show.

5 hours ago, stancherry said:

Everbody

Lucky

burning up

Physical

Virgin

Groove

Crazy for you

papa

Prayer

Rescue

Erotica

bad girl

Human

Ymlm

power of goodbye

Nrm

cpg

Music

Die another day

Hold tight

bim

Ahahah ... also if we just wanna have fun they have to be a minimum realistic. I mean no Vogue, La isla bonita, Frozen or Material Girl in a Madonna GH tour ... neither the Queen herself, the one who did the Drowned World Tour and the Madame X set list, could get to this :Madonna043:

Kylie does a very good job at just moving around and looking energetic without having to do choreographies. I hope we get to see M explore more of that this time around. No guitars, nothing too extra like Let It Will Be, just her and a microphone having fun with the audience.

17 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Uhm... Not to start a new debate in this thread, but the original pressing is the correct one that's still printed on vinyl, used on Spotify etc

I can't remember if it was the original pressing or not but there was definitely a mistake made at some point with the art being upside down. That same mistake may or may not have continued through the years. The original, uncropped photo by Patrick Demarchelier is her on her back on the bed (upside down on the photo). It's been used both right side up and upside down through the years. Lets not derail this thread - there's a whole thread about this on this forum and an MTV News report from 1994 mentioning the printing mistake and the label's scramble to fix it back in the day.

Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 11.34.48 AM.png

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I’m wondering would it be possible to have spoilers really enforced in the tour thread ?

I don’t know if that setlist is real but I saw the first few songs. This is meant to be a spoiler free thread.

@Jackie @Enrico

Is that setlist meant to be somehow believable? I think it's just another fanmade prediction of a setlist...

We used to have a spoilers tool that doesn't seem to work anymore @Jackie

Wasn't it the eye symbol?

SPOILER AHEAD:

⚠ Setlist leaked from a reliable insider ⚠

- Intro: Candy Shop (wheelchair replacing the throne) 

- Body Shop / Fever (with pics of her fainting in the hospital) 

- Like a Virgin / Tokisha Don't Preach (trap remix) 

- Bad Girl / The Power of Goodbye (purposefully offkey) 

Interlude: Mer Girl + Ave o Maria (trap mix) 

- Like a Prayer (that MXT soundcloud rapper ass sounding remix) 

- Live To Tell / I'm Going Banas mashup

- La Isla Bonita (samples La Macarena) 

- Holiday / Living For Love

Interlude 2: Unapologetic 

- Sorry (that horrible low pitched remix) 

- Human Nature / Erotica / SEX 

- Bitch I'm Madonna

Interlude: NY and the gays and bla bla 

- Hung Up (she is actually serving here) 

- I Knew it / Burning Up (stopped serving) 

- Material Girl / Open Your Ass (Gay remix) 

Encore:

- Everybody / Music / Celebration (featuring any person who has ever collaborated with her ever) 

9 minutes ago, Winn said:

Future Lovers from Confessions she mostly just kinda walked and strutted, not danced, and it's one of her best live numbers ever. She absolutely doesn't have to run around the stage for 2 hours to be good. She does have to be inspired though, like the equestrian theme.

Absolutely!! Elegant choreographed walking can be just as effective as the dancing... The acrobatics look great, but she show will look just as impressive without it. She can still do something like Vogue from MDNA Tour.

58 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Absolutely!! Elegant choreographed walking can be just as effective as the dancing... The acrobatics look great, but she show will look just as impressive without it. She can still do something like Vogue from MDNA Tour.

Yeah you mentioned acrobatics, which Jump from Confessions had, yet Future Lovers' live performance is far superior to Jump's.