The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

6 hours ago, DJ N A said:

I can't remember if it was the original pressing or not but there was definitely a mistake made at some point with the art being upside down. That same mistake may or may not have continued through the years. The original, uncropped photo by Patrick Demarchelier is her on her back on the bed (upside down on the photo). It's been used both right side up and upside down through the years. Lets not derail this thread - there's a whole thread about this on this forum and an MTV News report from 1994 mentioning the printing mistake and the label's scramble to fix it back in the day.

Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 11.34.48 AM.png

Just because they flipped the photo it doesn't mean it was a mistake lol it was very clearly intended my Madonna, the graphic designer and Warner

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

Is that setlist meant to be somehow believable? I think it's just another fanmade prediction of a setlist...

We used to have a spoilers tool that doesn't seem to work anymore @Jackie

Wasn't it the eye symbol?

Yeah I since read it’s not real. I just saw it briefly then scrolled away frantically so didn’t realize it was rubbish 😂

But still 😱 

7 hours ago, missberic said:

Kylie does a very good job at just moving around and looking energetic without having to do choreographies. I hope we get to see M explore more of that this time around. No guitars, nothing too extra like Let It Will Be, just her and a microphone having fun with the audience.

Kylie had a lot of energy and movement on her last tour

7 hours ago, missberic said:

Kylie does a very good job at just moving around and looking energetic without having to do choreographies. I hope we get to see M explore more of that this time around. No guitars, nothing too extra like Let It Will Be, just her and a microphone having fun with the audience.

Why limit her? I like how she mixes things up, by adding a musical instrument like tambourine, piano or a guitar.  Whether she's proficient in playing or not, doesn't matter.  She's still making an effort in playing the instrument.  It also gives her a break from any intense dance routines. I think that is important as she gets older and may not be able to dance on stage as she used to.   I can't imagine her ever ditching the guitar when performing live.  She's a bad ass with a guitar, especially electric. Even though she might not playing it like a true guitarist, she sure knows how to give the allusion she's rocking out.

8 minutes ago, tscott said:

Why limit her? I like how she mixes things up, by adding a musical instrument like tambourine, piano or a guitar.  Whether she's proficient in playing or not, doesn't matter.  She's still making an effort in playing the instrument.  It also gives her a break from any intense dance routines. I think that is important as she gets older and may not be able to dance on stage as she used to.   I can't imagine her ever ditching the guitar when performing live.  She's a bad ass with a guitar, especially electric. Even though she might not playing it like a true guitarist, she sure knows how to give the allusion she's rocking out.

Lol I'm just saying she could invest more in these simple performances while still playing the guitar, dancing and the other regular stuff for other songs, chill out

14 minutes ago, missberic said:

Lol I'm just saying she could invest more in these simple performances while still playing the guitar, dancing and the other regular stuff for other songs, chill out

First off, I'm chilled. But thanks for your concern.  Don't assume just because someone challenged your comments, they are bothered or upset.  I don't know you and this isn't personal. Just having an adult conversation. It's a forum after all.  We may disagree, but it doesn't mean we aren't "chilled".  :)

That said, thank you for further explaining. I feel that Madonna at this point has nothing to prove.  She's done it all.  At this point, there isn't much more she can do, that would be different.  Earlier in her career, she danced her ass off.  By 2001, she incorporated more things in her tours, including her playing the guitar and featuring some of her dancers in interlude segments.:thumbsup:

55 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Just because they flipped the photo it doesn't mean it was a mistake lol it was very clearly intended my Madonna, the graphic designer and Warner

There were two versions of the art at one point in 1994 in the United States: one with her right side up and one with her upside down. One of them was the “correct” intended version of the art and one of them was a mistake. There was even an MTV News report on it from 1994. Google it.

44 minutes ago, DJ N A said:

There were two versions of the art at one point in 1994 in the United States: one with her right side up and one with her upside down. One of them was the “correct” intended version of the art and one of them was a mistake. There was even an MTV News report on it from 1994. Google it.

Thanks. Some seem to have a narrative of things when they were just an infant.  Like you, I remember that MTV NEWS report, but a lot of people seem to think it was made up.  I remember when MTV reported about the intended way the album art is to be and that the second pressing would correct it.  :)

48 minutes ago, DJ N A said:

As if MTV news was a reliable source of information and as if Madonna, Warner Bros and Fabian Baron all didn't notice Madonna's face was upside down. And then went on to make posters and promote it everywhere.

12 minutes ago, tscott said:

Thanks. Some seem to have a narrative of things when they were just an infant.  Like you, I remember that MTV NEWS report, but a lot of people seem to think it was made up.  I remember when MTV reported about the intended way the album art is to be and that the second pressing would correct it.  :)

The second pressing was discontinued immediately after though, and hasn't been printed since then. Make it make sense. 

1 hour ago, tscott said:

Also while they are not necessarily her best performances casual fans really respect and enjoy those moments where she is just playing guitar acoustically and singing. Most people do not know Madonna plays guitar at all and it also is 100% live with no playback so people respond well to that. It also gives her a chance to do songs that might be boring for her otherwise eg Who's That Girl, True Blue. I am absolutely a fan of her playing guitar. The rock stuff like Burning Up on guitar is also great visually.

The only down side of it is when she does dance songs like Hung Up  on guitar which I think ruin those songs and that is where the hatred from fans for guitar started. She should absolutely do it but it just needs to be the right songs.

1 hour ago, tscott said:

First off, I'm chilled. But thanks for your concern.  Don't assume just because someone challenged your comments, they are bothered or upset.  I don't know you and this isn't personal. Just having an adult conversation. It's a forum after all.  We may disagree, but it doesn't mean we aren't "chilled".  :)

That said, thank you for further explaining. I feel that Madonna at this point has nothing to prove.  She's done it all.  At this point, there isn't much more she can do, that would be different.  Earlier in her career, she danced her ass off.  By 2001, she incorporated more things in her tours, including her playing the guitar and featuring some of her dancers in interlude segments.:thumbsup:

You can twist what I said anyway you like, honey. That condesending tone is not gonna cut out. You assumed I was limiting Madonna when that was nowhere near what I said and now you're lecturing me about assuming things? Keep your TED Talks and smiley faces for yourself. Oh, btw, hope you don't take this personal!

10 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

As if MTV news was a reliable source of information and as if Madonna, Warner Bros and Fabian Baron all didn't notice Madonna's face was upside down. And then went on to make posters and promote it everywhere.

The second pressing was discontinued immediately after though, and hasn't been printed since then. Make it make sense. 

No offense, but MTV was  far more a reliable source at this time. MTV was still in love with Madonna at this time.

Speak what you know.   You were just an infant when this happened. A lot of other fans alive at the time,  remember how it exactly was, rather the narrative you are trying to create.

No offense, but MTV was  far more a reliable source at this time. MTV was still in love with Madonna at this time.

Speak what you know.   You were just an infant when this happened. A lot of other fans alive at the time,  remember how it exactly was, rather the narrative you are trying to create.

Again with this age thing. What does that have anything to do with this? So because you're old you're automatically correct?

You still haven't given a single valid argument or proof for what you are saying other than "I remember". Well you misremembered which version came out first, so...

14 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Again with this age thing. What does that have anything to do with this? So because you're old you're automatically correct?

You still haven't given a single valid argument or proof for what you are saying other than "I remember". Well you misremembered which version came out first, so...

Sounds like you're here to be offended. AGE IS A FACTOR!  Not gonna bother to reply further than this. This is your issue.  Bye!

Sounds like you're hear to be offended. Not gonna bother to reply further than this. This is your issue.  Bye!

I'm not offended at all, in fact it's quite difficult to offend me :) I enjoy a good debate, just waiting to hear valid arguments for what you're saying. Anyway, back to the tour!

Just now, Fabiolous said:

I'm not offended at all, in fact it's quite difficult to offend me :) I enjoy a good debate, just waiting to hear valid arguments for what you're saying. Anyway, back to the tour!

I was alive. I remember what happened.  You were an infant and your relying on hearsay.  As others mentioned there was an MTV news report at the time.  I remember it and fans who were alive saw it too.

6 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Unfortunately the spoiler feature isn’t supported anymore - which is weird.

For any spoilers do not post in here - I think there is a thread for that .

You're the boss, but I would think once anyone enters the CELEBRATION TOUR forum, they risk being spoiled.  I personally don't care how you handle this, but it just makes sense if you don't want to be spoiled by what is going to happen, then don't visit forums or threads that discuss the tour. Seems simple to me.  After all, we have so many people from all over the world, so it's going to be hard to police this.  My thought, is if you want to be spoiler free, don't visit the forum that may share info about the tour.  It's not that complicated. :)

4 minutes ago, tscott said:

You're the boss, but I would think once anyone enters the CELEBRATION TOUR forum, they risk being spoiled.  I personally don't care how you handle this, but it just makes sense if you don't want to be spoiled by what is going to happen, then don't visit forums or threads that discuss the tour. Seems simple to me.  After all, we have so many people from all over the world, so it's going to be hard to police this.  My thought, is if you want to be spoiler free, don't visit the forum that may share info about the tour.  It's not that complicated. :)

I would like to continue discussing the tour without getting spoiled on the show, and there are many others like me.

I understand your position once the tour starts, and I won't come to this thread after October, but until then leaks should be kept separate I think.

55 minutes ago, missberic said:

You can twist what I said anyway you like, honey. That condesending tone is not gonna cut out. You assumed I was limiting Madonna when that was nowhere near what I said and now you're lecturing me about assuming things? Keep your TED Talks and smiley faces for yourself. Oh, btw, hope you don't take this personal!

Just put him on ignore like a lot of us have :)

41 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Is it possible to put "no spoiler" in the title of the thread?

Common sense says don't visit a thread dedicated to a topic you aren't wanting to be spoiled in.  Many others are wanting info about the tour,  including info you don't want to know.  You shouldn't keep those fans who are visiting the appropriate topics or forums from discussing the tour whatever it is.