Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

It's not the setlist I would want at all. If she things she's here to please die hards with songs like

American Pie, Nothing Really Matters, Love Profusion, Ghosttown, GMAYL, Turn Up The Radio, IDSIF, American Life, Get Together, Hollywood, WIFLFAG, she's missed the brief. This isn't her Kylie ANTI-Tour

These are the songs from FEL full version. Don't overthink about it, she's just teasing production details. :)

1 minute ago, danMfan said:

I'm so excited, guys!

part of me wants spoilers and the another one wants to be surprised

I prefer "spoiled" because we all know that when that show kicks off there is going to be so much to see and even what you may come across online, will not ruin the true experience of being their live.  There is going to be so much going on, you'll want to know what to look for at times.

9 minutes ago, DJ N A said:

It's a cheez-whizzy cover song from a really bad movie. To me it feels very....off....with the rest of the Madonna discography. And what the hell does this have to do with "The Next Best Thing"? 

There was a whole scene with the cast singing the song in the movie.  While Madonna was hesitant in covering it, Rupert Everett convince her to do so.  I personally find it a lovely cover.  She sounds very beautiful on it.  Even Don Mclean praised her cover. She stayed true to the song and Orbit's production was a great way to modernize the classic.

I wouldn't mind her singing it on tour.  Do I think she will?  No, but it was a hit for her most everywhere but the U.S.  It went #1 in over a dozen countries.

1 hour ago, DjKingBee said:

Excuse me ? That’s one of my most fave Madonna songs and a hit 

59 minutes ago, tscott said:

There was a whole scene with the cast singing the song in the movie.  While Madonna was hesitant in covering it, Rupert Everett convince her to do so.  I personally find it a lovely cover.  She sounds very beautiful on it.  Even Don Mclean praised her cover. She stayed true to the song and Orbit's production was a great way to modernize the classic.

I wouldn't mind her singing it on tour.  Do I think she will?  No, but it was a hit for her most everywhere but the U.S.  It went #1 in over a dozen countries.

It's one of my fav Madonna track. It's like sugar. It reminds me a wonderful time in my life, i was 17...

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I've seen the movie. I know there was the scene with the song. But what does the song have to do with the plot or anything? It just doesn't connect to me and feels random. The lyrics don't have anything to do with the plot. It's a poor choice among MANY poor choices in that movie. It's just odd to me.

But yes - she sounds good in it.

Not trying to yuck anyone's yum. It's just not for me.

4 hours ago, Honey Little said:

It’s a good, solid set list. I love it.

A good number of these have never been on a main set list before, either.

Hollywood

Ghosttown

Don’t Cray For Me Argentina

Love Profusion

Nothing Really Matters

American Pie

That said — American Pie?  I think she is just teasing us here.  But Hollywood and Nothing Really Matters would be so much fun live.  As would THE Evita track.

1 hour ago, Markdonna said:

A good number of these have never been on a main set list before, either.

Hollywood

Ghosttown

Don’t Cray For Me Argentina

Love Profusion

Nothing Really Matters

American Pie

That said — American Pie?  I think she is just teasing us here.  But Hollywood and Nothing Really Matters would be so much fun live.  As would THE Evita track.

I'd be cool with Hollywood being the song to represent the American Life album on tour

8 hours ago, DJ N A said:

I've seen the movie. I know there was the scene with the song. But what does the song have to do with the plot or anything? It just doesn't connect to me and feels random. The lyrics don't have anything to do with the plot. It's a poor choice among MANY poor choices in that movie. It's just odd to me.

But yes - she sounds good in it.

Not trying to yuck anyone's yum. It's just not for me.

Are you for real?

9 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Are you for real?

Yeah I am. I don't like it. Yes, her vocal is great. Nothing about it is *bad*. But the song doesn't connect to me as a Madonna fan. Nothing about it is on brand for Madonna. It's a cheezy cover from a really bad movie. I stand by that statement.

Interestingly enough, given the song's title, it didn't chart that great in America outside of the dance chart. But abroad it was a hit.

The original version by McLean is iconic and is rooted in southern folk/rock. To me, it was an odd, off-brand choice for Madonna that makes little sense in the film it comes from.

Again - just my opinion. If you enjoy it - enjoy it.