POPULAR

1 minute ago, scion said:

Amazes me how so many fans when this was released ignored it, or acted like Vulgar was the one. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s her best single since 2009, and it looks like the positions agree!

Yes, as much as I enjoy Vulgar, I knew Popular would be the song that would be a hit.  It certainly could be bigger if radio played it more. There seems to be some hesitation to doing so.  Though, I'm not naive to think this success isn't really owed because of The Weeknd's popularity, rather Madonna being involved.  Still, a lot of fans like it.  Vulgar may have had a bigger impact, if there was more of a push to it, but I don't see it connecting with the general public as much as "Popular".  :)

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

Yes, as much as I enjoy Vulgar, I knew Popular would be the song that would be a hit.  It certainly could be bigger if radio played it more. There seems to be some hesitation to doing so.  Though, I'm not naive to think this success isn't really owed because of The Weeknd's popularity, rather Madonna being involved.  Still, a lot of fans like it.  Vulgar may have had a bigger impact, if there was more of a push to it, but I don't see it connecting with the general public as much as "Popular".  :)

Popular just works for me. 
It’s catchy and upbeat despite the message, and Madonna’s voice sounds absolutely beautiful. I’m so sold on it. 

Just now, scion said:

Popular just works for me. 
It’s catchy and upbeat despite the message, and Madonna’s voice sounds absolutely beautiful. I’m so sold on it. 

I have to agree.  My only issue is how they blend her vocals with others, so other than that particular verse, where she's solo, the rest it's hard to make her out.  I originally didn't think she was singing anymore to that song but her solo until I listened several times, and could hear her.  It's hard to hear her especially at the end. 

8 hours ago, tscott said:

I have to agree.  My only issue is how they blend her vocals with others, so other than that particular verse, where she's solo, the rest it's hard to make her out.  I originally didn't think she was singing anymore to that song but her solo until I listened several times, and could hear her.  It's hard to hear her especially at the end. 

Really I thought she just did the intro and her solo part, cause that’s all I hear as well. But she dose more

11 minutes ago, xavier said:

Really I thought she just did the intro and her solo part, cause that’s all I hear as well. But she dose more

You're right.  The intro and she has a solo chorus before the other vocalists come in.  She just blends in, it's hard to hear her with the others.  It sounds great though. :luv: