Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

So many people working for Live Nation in here and worrying about money it seems. 
All these people are acting like she just have a cold. She went to the ICU for several days, so even if we don’t know nothing else it’s pretty clear she will need more time as possible to recuperate and rest.
She’s not putting a Lana Del Rey show.

2 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

🎶 Speculation. Come together in every nation. 🎶

I’m amused at how creative some are with their story telling here. 

We. Don’t. Know. Shit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Exactly 

3 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

So many people working for Live Nation in here and worrying about money it seems. 
All these people are acting like she just have a cold. She went to the ICU for several days, so even if we don’t know nothing else it’s pretty clear she will need more time as possible to recuperate and rest.
She’s not putting a Lana Del Rey show.

Apart from the late starts 

22 minutes ago, Gutten said:

Why would they cancel all North American dates? That’s crazy! So much money lost wow

Just to be clear, I'm only speculating.  I am not an expert analysis nor do I have a PHD if that somehow has any correlation in people making sense of what could possibly happen. 

I only speculate rescheduling the North American Dates, and suggest she start in London first because I'm thinking rationally about her recovery time.  If she's going to need three or four weeks if not longer, it just makes sense to just postpone everything up until the London dates.  Will that happen?  I don't know?  Do I want that to happen?  No.  After all, my show is in August. 

But let's look at what we know?  She still had two to three weeks of rehearsal time before she got ill.  She'll definitely need that time to at least prepare when re-starting production.  We know she was in ICU and had a serious bacteria infection based on her manager's official statement.  While I'm no doctor, I think most of us know that serious infections like that can take several weeks if not longer to clear up.  Again, it all depends how bad her infection was and how bad it affected her stamina. 

So it just comes to reason that she's going to at the earliest be back to rehearsing by August.  Again that is just pure speculation on my part, because she might need longer to recover.  But no one knows how long she may really need.  Whatever the case, she's going to at least need to three weeks to rehearse, so that means she could at the earliest start her tour in September.  And she could.  But from another standpoint, it does make sense to assume that her doctors are saying she needs a good month or so to recover, and it's a safe bet to just start the tour in October when she starts the UK/European leg.

Again all speculation.  I have no facts on how long she really needs to recover or when the show really will start.  :)

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Just to be clear, I'm only speculating.  I am not an expert analysis nor do I have a PHD if that somehow has any correlation in people making sense of what could possibly happen. 

I only speculate canceling the North American Dates, and suggest she start in London first because I'm thinking rationally about her recovery time.  If she's going to need three or four weeks if not longer, it just makes sense to just postpone everything up until the London dates.  Will that happen?  I don't know?  Do I want that to happen?  No.  After all, my show is in August. 

But let's look at what we know?  She still had two to three weeks of rehearsal time before she got ill.  She'll definitely need that time to at least prepare when re-starting production.  We know she was in ICU and had a serious bacteria infection based on her manager's official statement.  While I'm no doctor, I think most of us know that serious infections like that can take several weeks if not longer to clear up.  Again, it all depends how bad her infection was and how bad it affected her stamina. 

So it just comes to reason that she's going to at the earliest be back to rehearsing by August.  Again that is just pure speculation on my part, because she might need longer to recover.  But no one knows how long she may really need.  Whatever the case, she's going to at least need to three weeks to rehearse, so that means she could at the earliest start her tour in September.  And she could.  But from another standpoint, it does make sense to assume that her doctors are saying she needs a good month or so to recover, and it's a safe bet to just start the tour in October when she starts the UK/European leg.

Again all speculation.  I have no facts on how long she really needs to recover or when the show really will start.  :)

By canceling do you mean rescheduling? HUGE difference!!

11 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

On the contrary I’m very interested, I worship Madonna it’s one of the few things that bring me joy in life, I want to see her rehearsing and kicking ass tomorrow morning and starting the tour two weeks later than originally scheduled (yes, yes Madonna’s health first). But I’m not going to mention my scenario as the most logical option  (as others present theirs) because that’s not the way to make an argument. And like everything supports that argument because it’s not true. 

I think we all prefer her to be back in business as soon as possible, but again I'm just speculating.  I'm not arguing my scenario is anymore plausible than any other. I don't really think anyone else is doing that here either.  We all are just having a discussion of possibilities.  Yet, you keep insisting we are trying to say what we post are facts, when that just isn't true.  We all know we are just speculating.  I'm not sure why you're not understanding that?   

38 minutes ago, Gutten said:

By canceling do you mean rescheduling? HUGE difference!!

Yes,  I'm sorry.  I meant "rescheduling" the North American Dates.   I totally agree it would be crazy to cancel all those dates.  That said; nothing I've said are facts and I'm just discussing my thoughts and possibilities.  The important thing is that Madonna gets enough time to recover.  :)

16 minutes ago, tscott said:

I think we all prefer her to be back in business as soon as possible, but again I'm just speculating.  I'm not arguing my scenario is anymore plausible than any other. I don't really think anyone else is doing that here either.  We all are just having a discussion of possibilities.  Yet, you keep insisting we are trying to say what we post are facts, when that just isn't true.  We all know we are just speculating.  I'm not sure why you're not understanding that?   

Maybe because No habla Inglés 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, thiagosb said:

Rosie just shared a stories with The Power of Goodbye video on her Instagram account. What is going on? 

I can see how someone might misinterpret that, but I think she's just posting random things she likes.  I think she's a fan of that song.  I wouldn't read anymore into it. 

5 minutes ago, thiagosb said:

Rosie just shared a stories with The Power of Goodbye video on her Instagram account. What is going on? 

Just checked and there’s nothing more to a reposting from another page. Don’t read too much into things. 

You don't postpone a tour like that especially just a few weeks before it was supposed to start. There's a lot of logistic, a lot of people working backstage, carpenters, lightning, sound, caterers, wardrobe, they will be paid nonetheless accroding to contracts signed but would they be available at a later time ? Will the venues be available ? The stress of having all this depending on her surely does not help the recovery process. 

12 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

You don't postpone a tour like that especially just a few weeks before it was supposed to start. There's a lot of logistic, a lot of people working backstage, carpenters, lightning, sound, caterers, wardrobe, they will be paid nonetheless accroding to contracts signed but would they be available at a later time ? Will the venues be available ? The stress of having all this depending on her surely does not help the recovery process. 

I agree. Although I would assume she would have had insurance for this type of event so most of that should be covered via insurance. 

That aside - I agree, the logistics would be a huge nightmare! Hundreds of people - equipment hire - availability of the same equipment, the people - venues - it's a massive task. That will take a few weeks to unpick and resolve.

And to a lesser or more of extent - Madonna herself and how she recovers - what lingering effects she might have also - and that is the wildcard here and only time will tell.

13 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I agree. Although I would assume she would have had insurance for this type of event so most of that should be covered via insurance. 

That aside - I agree, the logistics would be a huge nightmare! Hundreds of people - equipment hire - availability of the same equipment, the people - venues - it's a massive task. That will take a few weeks to unpick and resolve.

And to a lesser or more of extent - Madonna herself and how she recovers - what lingering effects she might have also - and that is the wildcard here and only time will tell.

The credits for the MDNA tour give a hint of how many people are involved. It's crazy and must be anxiety triggering to think about it right now, of couse she has people to deal with this but it's the thought that ALL these people depend on her ability to perform is a lot of pressure.

e807c27a969f4879db4714637a568c92-GU50-KG

3 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

The credits for the MDNA tour give a hint of how many people are involved. It's crazy and must be anxiety triggering to think about it right now, of couse she has people to deal with this but it's the thought that ALL these people depend on her ability to perform is a lot of pressure.

It's wild hey!