Celebrate "Madonna" The Debut Album's 40th Anniversary: Performances, Demos, Photos, Interviews, Remixes, and More!

Adonna

14 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Are we getting any PHYSICAL reissues this year? I asked Rhino on instagram and they never responded to me. (I could care less about streaming reissues) 

We've exhausted this topic here.  Feel free to to continue the conversation at the following link which many of us know you are clearly aware of:

• Adonna changed the title to Madonna 40 (Debut Album) Celebration!
51 minutes ago, Celebration said:

What a great thread! So many memories and fun videos from the virgin era. :hearteyes:

Just one small thing: Ain't No Big Deal was first released in 1985,  on the Japanese edition of the maxi-single Dress You Up. :)
https://www.discogs.com/release/523045-Madonna-Dress-You-Up-Aint-No-Big-Deal

Thank you.  Now that you mentioned it,  i do recall that limited edition being released at the end of 1985.  Thanks for the further clarification.

While the song wasn't relesed until well after Like A Virgin album was released, it's important to note, the song was actually being considered as her first single and an inclusion on her first album.  It's certainly an important song in her catalog even though it's not a very known song beyond her fan base.

19 minutes ago, tscott said:

Thank you.  Not that you mentioned it,  i do recall that limited edition being released at the end of 1985.  That's for the further clarification.

While the song wasn't relesed until well after Like A Virgin album was released, it's important to note, the song was actually being considered as her first single and an inclusion on her first album.  It's certainly an important song in her catalog even though it's not a very known song beyond her fan base.

I know.

Four different versions were produced, according to wikipedia, and none was good enough for Madonna's debut.
I hope those unreleased versions are included in the (hopefully) fortcoming special edition of the first album. :)

22 hours ago, Celebration said:

What a great thread! So many memories and fun videos from the virgin era. :hearteyes:

Just one small thing: Ain't No Big Deal was first released in 1985,  on the Japanese edition of the maxi-single Dress You Up. :)
https://www.discogs.com/release/523045-Madonna-Dress-You-Up-Aint-No-Big-Deal

Seems that everybody forgets about "Revenge of the Killer B's". A various artists Warner compilation with B-sides released in 1984. I've read years ago in lots of fan-sites that the released date was October 29th. In other sites they say that was released in march/april in 1984. The album had a little text for song. This is what it was written about Madonna and "Ain't no big deal":

Madonna - "Ain't no big deal"

Maybe so, but Madonna's career has becone one. She formerly cut the rug for the Alvin Ailey dance troupe but now is shaking things up vocally at the top of the charts. This hot number has never been previously released; it was recorded during the sessions for her first album.

3 hours ago, scamper said:

Seems that everybody forgets about "Revenge of the Killer B's". A various artists Warner compilation with B-sides released in 1984. I've read years ago in lots of fan-sites that the released date was October 29th. In other sites they say that was released in march/april in 1984. The album had a little text for song. This is what it was written about Madonna and "Ain't no big deal":

Madonna - "Ain't no big deal"

Maybe so, but Madonna's career has becone one. She formerly cut the rug for the Alvin Ailey dance troupe but now is shaking things up vocally at the top of the charts. This hot number has never been previously released; it was recorded during the sessions for her first album.

Hi. Thanks for your further info. It's appreciated. I did mention that it was on "Revenge of the Killer B's", but I focused on when it was released among Madonna's catalog.  And it slipped my mind that it actually appeared on a limited b-side to Dress You Up in 1985 as well.  Anyway, it's great to have people contribute to threads like this, so we can sort out all the details.  I pride myself in remembering a lot events that happened with Madonna, but as we get older, everything just starts to mesh together, being she's had such a long career. 

Thanks again.  With everything going on with Madonna, sometimes we need a distraction like this thread to give us hope while at the same time to remind us how precious Madonna is to us.  :heart:

3 hours ago, tscott said:

Debrorah Feingold talks about her photo session with Madonna in 1982.  According to her, Madonna was all made up, all business, they only exchanged a few words and she was done in 15 minutes. 

Deborah’s recollection of events has been off in the past. This shoot is from 1983 and she claimed she never heard from Madonna again. Yet, she did still shots for the Papa Don’t Preach video studio dance scene.

6 hours ago, otcoam said:

Deborah’s recollection of events has been off in the past. This shoot is from 1983 and she claimed she never heard from Madonna again. Yet, she did still shots for the Papa Don’t Preach video studio dance scene.

I wondered if she was off with her timing because this did look like Madonna from 1983.  Still fits in with the whole Debut album phase. Thank you for your inclusion.