The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Adonna

TAB feels VERY out of place in the setlist, I think that moment is supposed to be spiritual, dramatic and impactful in some way. Frozen had amazing light effects and the arrangement was good, Rain was a nice surprise and both had this super cool ending. Take a Bow is just… too glossy and “hot” (?) for that section even though the lyrics could make some sense as it’s close to the ending of the show. I’d take any song from ROL in its place. Or even Wash All Over Me (a bit reworked, with elements from the demo). 

TAB in America was huge for her so I get the idea just under rehearsed. Plus probably the hardest song to sing after 2 hours. Rain was mine and was beautiful not seen the others so I dont know how it is live. Certainly dont think peoples phones are like the real experience so I cant judge. Lets face it...The shows mind blowing overall, not every song is perfect in any tour from anyone. 

17 minutes ago, scallywally said:

TAB in America was huge for her so I get the idea just under rehearsed. Plus probably the hardest song to sing after 2 hours. Rain was mine and was beautiful not seen the others so I dont know how it is live. Certainly dont think peoples phones are like the real experience so I cant judge. Lets face it...The shows mind blowing overall, not every song is perfect in any tour from anyone. 

Well put!  There is so much to the show to enjoy, and I think most here know that and appreciate that.  So I understand why some discuss even the bum moments from time to time, but for me, it doesn't change how perfect this show is.  I don't have any interest in wanting her to change the show.  After all, it's her show.  She's the artist and this is how she wants to present herself.  I don't see anything she's doing as something bad!  I just enjoy it and while it may not be perfect vocally have a few flaws, the show as a whole is still phenomenal.  :luv:

1 hour ago, scallywally said:

Im happy shes alive, she could sit on a stool and read the bloody English Roses and joke with the fans id still go. 

Yes, I love when she speaks to her audience.  Of course, she has a unique sense of humor and she seems to quick witted and most funny when she comments off the cuff. 

One day, I hope she sits down and films herself, talking about her songs and how she came around to writing them and sharing more in depth inspirations for them.  This is why I wish she would do an acoustic show or Storytellers version of her show. I expect this tour might be the closest we get to that, just in song.

You can definitely tell there's something about this tour that has gotten to her emotionally, and with good reason.  Aside from performing you can just tell she's SO happy and comfortable telling stories and getting emotional as well.  She's been the most open that she's ever been I find. It's a beautiful thing to witness. You can just tell she's extremely grateful to be standing strong after last year.

Just now, Andymad said:

You can definitely tell there's something about this tour that has gotten to her emotionally, and with good reason.  Aside from performing you can just tell she's SO happy and comfortable telling stories and getting emotional as well.  She's more open that she's ever been I find. It's a beautiful thing to witness. You can just tell she's extremely grateful to be standing strong after last year.

I also think seeing so many people enjoy and react to singles she herself probably labeled "flops" made her very happy and confident. I think she has always loved Nothing Really Matters but never felt comfortable enough to sing it.

Finally getting to see Bad Girl on tour was another shocker for me. With all the things that could be improved, there is so much about this tour that makes me incredibly happy and satisfied.

Just now, MPowered said:

I think she has always loved Nothing Really Matters but never felt comfortable enough to sing it.

And I'm SO guilty for thinking it would't work well as a show opener. When it was rumoured I was 100% about it just not being a strong opener. Boy was I wrong. It ended up being one of my absolute fav numbers from the show. The message was just so fitting for this moment our life with her, and I bawled my eyes out.

12 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I also think seeing so many people enjoy and react to singles she herself probably labeled "flops" made her very happy and confident. I think she has always loved Nothing Really Matters but never felt comfortable enough to sing it.

Finally getting to see Bad Girl on tour was another shocker for me. With all the things that could be improved, there is so much about this tour that makes me incredibly happy and satisfied.

Yes, sometimes she seems really surprised that fans know the lyrics to some of the lesser known hits. She doesn't know how much we love even the unreleased ones lol. 

I think she really feels loved and after all the problems in the recent years, she must have really needed it. And I hope this inspires her also.

22 minutes ago, Andymad said:

And I'm SO guilty for thinking it would't work well as a show opener. When it was rumoured I was 100% about it just not being a strong opener. Boy was I wrong. It ended up being one of my absolute fav numbers from the show. The message was just so fitting for this moment our life with her, and I bawled my eyes out.

Yes, and I didn't believe she would open with it either.  But like mentioned, it totally works!  I get it!  And as sure as I'm cautious to second guess the rumors coming out of her camp about her projects, it's interesting anything is possible with her.  I wouldn't put it past her to take an old song and that most people originally hated and make it a staple song on her tour.  In fact, she sorta did that with Candy Shop.  Most fans disliked that song from the get-go.  It wasn't really until she performed it on Rebel Heart Tour that the song really resonated with me. It's actually a song I enjoy listening to now.  And one could say, it's a song she's turned into a "classic" sorta like she did with Human Nature.  Two songs which obviously her favs which didn't catch on well with the public, but she kept bringing them out on tour anyway.  I love her for that!  She doesn't just play for the audience. She plays for herself as well. 

14 hours ago, Salida said:

Yes, sometimes she seems really surprised that fans know the lyrics to some of the lesser known hits. She doesn't know how much we love even the unreleased ones lol. 

I think she really feels loved and after all the problems in the recent years, she must have really needed it. And I hope this inspires her also.

I think what helps is that she has done herself a favor with each tour where she usually concentrated on the more recent album, rather just only played the hits.  I feel she tried to do something similar with the Celebration Tour.  She knew there were many staple songs she would have to perform, yet she still pulled out some songs that were lesser known or of a hit.  I prefer her tours to not just include those big hits.

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Yes, and I didn't believe she would open with it either.  But like mentioned, it totally works!  I get it!  And as sure as I'm cautious to second guess the rumors coming out of her camp about her projects, it's interesting anything is possible with her.  I wouldn't put it past her to take an old song and that most people originally hated and make it a staple song on her tour.  In fact, she sorta did that with Candy Shop.  Most fans disliked that song from the get-go.  It wasn't really until she performed it on Rebel Heart Tour that the song really resonated with me. It's actually a song I enjoy listening to now.  And one could say, it's a song she's turned into a "classic" sorta like she did with Human Nature.  Two songs which obviously her favs which didn't catch on well with the public, but she kept bringing them out on tour anyway.  I love her for that!  She doesn't just play for the audience. She plays for herself as well. 

I honestly didn't pay much attention to NRM, as it wasn't my fav song of hers. Now, I listen to it every day, and I've tried to re-create the tour version thanks to Kosmmik. I honestly don't do that unless I love the song lmfao. Gets my creative juices flowing. So that says a lot for me.

5 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I honestly didn't pay much attention to NRM, as it wasn't my fav song of hers. Now, I listen to it every day, and I've tried to re-create the tour version thanks to Kosmmik. I honestly don't do that unless I love the song lmfao. Gets my creative juices flowing. So that says a lot for me.

NRM was a song I loved, so I did listen to it enough, but a song like Candy Shop is a good comparison to what you are making for me. I really didn't like the song very much or cared for it, but it wasn't until she performed it on RHT, now I feel like it's a real jam!

4 hours ago, SecretProject said:

100%. The dancers signifying her friends dying of AIDS, the prince tribute, Michael. If it’s not obvious that this tour is a celebration to life and how thankful we should be for every minute we’re gifted idk what is.

We know that. But having an interlude, especially one as weak as that, as the second last song is an anti climax. Of course a tribute to MJ is important but if it was shorter and lead into a proper performance of Like a Virgin it would be more impactful.

I am pretty sure that it all would make more sense with the other section that was cut.

2 minutes ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

Lets go Cali 

LOL to the broadcaster saying the show was to happen last January but due to her bacterial infection had to cancel.  Of course, we know that isn't true. The tour was only announced last January, and the tour was to start in July of '23.