Like a Prayer Streaming Anniversary Edition

On 1/4/2024 at 12:53 PM, MPowered said:

Imagine having this gorgeous album cover:

91etw5xmsL-1._SL1425_.jpg

and deciding to absolutely murder it with this monstrosity:

ab67616d0000b2739588ea690c4a28e0ece04604

WHY THE FUCK IS IT ZOOMED IN LIKE THAT???

I kinda like it, but the "monstrance" is too much enlarged. If they wanted typography positioned like this, the monstrancy should be smaller to fit it whole on picture. Alternative cover art for the reissue is welcome (for outer packaging, see Cher's Believe 25th edition) BUT it shouldn't replace the original cover.

23 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

I kinda like it, but the "monstrance" is too much enlarged. If they wanted typography positioned like this, the monstrancy should be smaller to fit it whole on picture. Alternative cover art for the reissue is welcome (for outer packaging, see Cher's Believe 25th edition) BUT it shouldn't replace the original cover.

It was just a "testing waters" thing. To its nature the way they did it is perfectly acceptable.

On 1/5/2024 at 9:41 AM, Cyberraga said:

Well, it's strictly a digital/streaming release, so it's not like it's gonna have another cover like a physical copy would.  I don't mind what they did here being it only became a digital/streaming release.  I don't consider this a serious re-issue anyway.  Just a nice gesture to celebrate the 30th year.  My guess when the deluxe re-issues actually start to happen, LAP will be among them and the original cover will definitely be included.

I do agree the typography is ridiculously big though.  :)

On 1/4/2024 at 10:22 AM, MPowered said:

This isn’t true. The Oh Father version on Something To Remember still has parts of the Dear Jessie intro. I own the physical and digital version. It’s the same on both of them.

The only different version is the edit which starts with the piano intro and omits the strings intro.

On 1/4/2024 at 10:32 AM, Prayer said:

The strings intro you mention is from "Oh Father", not from "Dear Jessie". "Dear Jessie" ends with strings and "Oh Father" starts with strings too and both string parts and mixed on the "Like A Prayer" album as a non-stop listening experience.

But I checked "Something To Remember" and it's true maybe "Oh Father" there it's just the "Like A Prayer" album version. The start sound exactly the same on "Like A Prayer" and "Something To Remember". :cute:

Oh Father is the same version on Like A Prayer and Something To Remember albums, I don't know why it's labelled as Alternate on Something To Remember album! You can hear the proper intro of Oh Father on the official video version that's on Madonna'a YouTube channel, and that version is shorter than the album versions.

4 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Oh Father is the same version on Like A Prayer and Something To Remember albums, I don't know why it's labelled as Alternate on Something To Remember album! You can hear the proper intro of Oh Father on the official video version that's on Madonna'a YouTube channel, and that version is shorter than the album versions.

Nope. The intro even in that version still has the fade out from Dear Jessie at the very beginning.

You can listen to the proper version and a full length unedited version (both fanmade using the unedited instrumental) here:

2 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Nope. The intro even in that version still has the fade out from Dear Jessie at the very beginning.

You can listen to the proper version and a full length unedited version (both fanmade using the unedited instrumental) here:

Was checking again the 1996 Japanese CD Singles box and that's actually the proper 4:29 single version, right?

3 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I meant they are the same versions, except the video version is different as it is shorter.