The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread 👑

nikolica

13 hours ago, mickeyderon said:

I still won't be surprised if Madonna drops a new album or EP purely because it seems like the absolute opposite of what we expect. 

I'd imagine it might be a collection of uptempo tracks with Honey Dijon, Sickick and Stuart Price. I'm sure Mike Dean would be in the mix too. And obviously the Max Martin track. 

New song, possibly, but nothing more.  Either it's me wishful thinking or I'm feeling she might drop a new song like U2 did on their opening day of their residency in Las Vegas, yesterday.  I can see her possibly doing that or a couple of days prior to opening show.  If so, I'm betting a video was filmed as well for it.  But then again, I'm sure it's wishful thinking on my part. 

No way a new album will be dropped.

I really want to believe that there is a Max Martin track ready to drop in two weeks, but it seems like an odd launch tactic to me…A tour touted as a first greatest hits retrospective outing associated with a new song? I hope they have pulled a lot of strings to get it the exposure it deserves if that’s the case! This isn’t 1990 anymore. A new Vogue doesn’t seem attainable, but I’ll be thrilled to be proven wrong and more than pleasantly surprised! 

12 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I really want to believe that there is a Max Martin track ready to drop in two weeks, but it seems like an odd launch tactic to me…A tour touted as a first greatest hits retrospective outing associated with a new song? I hope they have pulled a lot of strings to get it the exposure it deserves if that’s the case! This isn’t 1990 anymore. A new Vogue doesn’t seem attainable, but I’ll be thrilled to be proven wrong and more than pleasantly surprised! 

I think launching a new song at the start of the tour is a great idea.  U2 just did that themselves Friday when they kicked off their residency at Las Vegas.  Though, I wouldn't expect a lot of success to it.  But as she stated, sometime back that the way artists make and release music is different these days.  She has to find new ways of doing so. 

27 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I think launching a new song at the start of the tour is a great idea.  U2 just did that themselves Friday when they kicked off their residency at Las Vegas.  Though, I wouldn't expect a lot of success to it.  But as she stated, sometime back that the way artists make and release music is different these days.  She has to find new ways of doing so. 

Agreed, but I also think that once you are seen as a legacy artist, it’s best to go the traditional route. Most of the people interested in Madonna’s music want a cohesive album that reflects her personal modern taste, vision and philosophy. That this wouldn’t please the masses seems irrelevant as they aren’t going to pay attention anyway…

U2 have also hinted that Atomic City is indicative of a new album to come…They may have been managed by the same person for a while, but I think Guy Oseary proved he wasn’t such a brilliant innovator when he convinced U2 to dump their album in everyone’s iTunes and no one wanted it. They parted ways in 2022, and she’d have been wise to do the same if you ask me. 

1 minute ago, Alibaba said:

Agreed, but I also think that once you are seen as a legacy artist, it’s best to go the traditional route. Most of the people interested in Madonna’s music want a cohesive album that reflects her personal modern taste, vision and philosophy. That this wouldn’t please the masses seems irrelevant as they aren’t going to pay attention anyway…

U2 have also hinted that Atomic City is indicative of a new album to come…They may have been managed by the same person for a while, but I think Guy Oseary proved he wasn’t such a brilliant innovator when he convinced U2 to dump their album in everyone’s iTunes and no one wanted it. They parted ways in 2022, and she’d have been wise to do the same if you ask me. 

To me, this has nothing to do with Guy.  Nor do I think "traditional" is a good route these days for her.  The tour is a perfect way to promote the song, by introducing the song to the general public and fans.  These are the people she will reach the most at this point.  Radio isn't going to play anything new by her as a solo artist.  This is probably her best way to get her new song out there, other than tying it to some huge coming event such as a movie, sports event, or viral moment. But all that can be tricky and nothing is guaranteed. 

29 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I don’t think she should dump a new album in iTunes. Yuck. No one wants that. 

Madonna 2001: No were just putting hits on GHV2 I didn't want to put new songs on because they're not hits

Madonna 2023 : Here's my Celebration greatest hits tour with my new song with Max Martin that none of the audience or world  has heard of but I'm doing it anyway. 

Never change you beautiful contradictory mess mother 

16 hours ago, Alibaba said:

Vegas used to be called Atomic City. I expect well get Vegas High at some point while Kylies there. 

12 hours ago, steady75 said:

Madonna 2001: No were just putting hits on GHV2 I didn't want to put new songs on because they're not hits

Madonna 2023 : Here's my Celebration greatest hits tour with my new song with Max Martin that none of the audience or world  has heard of but I'm doing it anyway. 

Never change you beautiful contradictory mess mother 

But why act like she never toured new songs before releasing it to the public?  She's been doing it since she started touring.  She started Virgin Tour before Into The Groove was unleashed onto the world, among Crazy For You was quite new and most probably had never heard of Gambler yet.

On the Who's That Girl Tour, she performed several songs from the Who's That Girl soundtrack that wasn't released yet. 

The same goes for the Blond Ambition Tour.  I'm Breathless hadn't been released and people hadn't heard several of the songs performed on that tour.  Vogue was just released a month prior to the tour.

She performed "Funny Song/Dear Daddy" on the DWT and no one ever heard that song. 

In fact, it's quite common for many artists to tour before their fans and/or audience have heard the full albums they support.  Some artists even debut new songs on tour, before even recording them in the studio, only to release them on a follow up album, sometimes a couple years later.

9 hours ago, McDonna said:

But why act like she never toured new songs before releasing it to the public?  She's been doing it since she started touring.  She started Virgin Tour before Into The Groove was unleashed onto the world, among Crazy For You was quite new and most probably had never heard of Gambler yet.

On the Who's That Girl Tour, she performed several songs from the Who's That Girl soundtrack that wasn't released yet. 

The same goes for the Blond Ambition Tour.  I'm Breathless hadn't been released and people hadn't heard several of the songs performed on that tour.  Vogue was just released a month prior to the tour.

She performed "Funny Song/Dear Daddy" on the DWT and no one ever heard that song. 

In fact, it's quite common for many artists to tour before their fans and/or audience have heard the full albums they support.  Some artists even debut new songs on tour, before even recording them in the studio, only to release them on a follow up album, sometimes a couple years later.

All this text and you still miss the point. How 2023.

Greatest Hits love. Greatest Hits. 

plus

I Don’t Act I Grind

10 hours ago, McDonna said:

Into the Groove was on mtv before The Virgin Tour started , Gambler had been out for months.

But yes you are right, she has done new songs on tour before. Not really in the same way or recently though.

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

All this text and you still miss the point. How 2023.

Greatest Hits love. Greatest Hits. 

plus

I Don’t Act I Grind

No point was missed.  She's premiered new songs on tour before.  Is that short enough for your comprehension? :laughing:

1 hour ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Has she been in RHT and Madame X? I don’t remember… because shes a vocal producer no? Isn’t this important to new music 🎵?

I don't know about RHT, but on Madame X for sure. I met her with Mike Dean and Ricardo next to theatre in Paris and we chit chatted :)

53 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Are there still fans who expect her to do a horrible business decision and releadr a album with no previous lead single hype or announcement

If that is the formula the album will flop

I think we let that ship go a lot of months ago. A new song is the max that we're gonna get this year.

And yet, in these days, the UK huge Minogue's success at 55 with such a girlie and dancy image makes me think about the ageism, wich I definitely consider being mediaticly a reality, and the actual impact that it had on M's recent flops.

Is it just me, is it an arbitrary parallel iyo?

42 minutes ago, stefo said:

And yet, in these days, the UK huge Minogue's success at 55 with such a girlie and dancy image makes me think about the ageism, wich I definitely consider being mediaticly a reality, and the actual impact that it had on M's recent flops.

Is it just me, is it an arbitrary parallel iyo?

Young stars definitely get more hits, even if those hits are copycats of one another or mediocre.  Madonna's music definitely has been good and even great at times during all of her eras and was deffinately ignored.  Unfortunately, that is the nature of the beast.  Cher Madonna and Minogue can has a monster hit still but it is a fluke or represents a lull in the industry. Ageism cannot be dismissed because a fraction of a percent of the hits come from older artists. 

3 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Young stars definitely get more hits, even if those hits are copycats of one another or mediocre.  Madonna's music definitely has been good and even great at times during all of her eras and was deffinately ignored.  Unfortunately, that is the nature of the beast.  Cher Madonna and Minogue can has a monster hit still but it is a fluke or represents a lull in the industry. Ageism cannot be dismissed because a fraction of a percent of the hits come from older artists. 

Kylie didn’t have any hits. It’s all an illusion built on hype that only Madonna fans are able to see through :laughing:

15 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Kylie didn’t have any hits. It’s all an illusion built on hype that only Madonna fans are able to see through :laughing:

Oh I see, I don't really go dancing or listen to radio since a long time, so I don't know about the actual reception of new music, I'm just reading everywhere she is number one in UK and had a smash hit with the padam thing last summer. So it's not true or much indicative in terms of numbers.