Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months' after project was shelved during her Celebration Tour

8 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I will get annhilated for this but i cant stand this album. Dont get me wrong, i give it a whole listen once per year, but it's just so boring and lifeless compared to her other 80s work... Great single songs such as Love Dont Live, Dress You Up and title track but overall i just cant enjoy It... Hopefully they put Into The Groove and Crazy for You in a future edition, id enjoy it way more tbh

Fight Deploying GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

1 hour ago, Andreo said:

I will get annhilated for this but i cant stand this album. Dont get me wrong, i give it a whole listen once per year, but it's just so boring and lifeless compared to her other 80s work... Great single songs such as Love Dont Live, Dress You Up and title track but overall i just cant enjoy It... Hopefully they put Into The Groove and Crazy for You in a future edition, id enjoy it way more tbh

It's OK, opinions are opinions and should be respected, even if one doesn't agree with them

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Rocketman is the only one comparable really since Elton is still with us. The others are all external factors. Rocketman is also the best out of them all so that should hopefully tell us something. 

Yes, that a competent director should direct the movie, with the main subject's input, with the main subject focusing largely on their own flaws?

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

Rocketman is the only one comparable really since Elton is still with us. The others are all external factors. Rocketman is also the best out of them all so that should hopefully tell us something. 

Elton was pretty much a consultant on that film.  Of course, Madonna will have more creative control with her Biopic if she still directs, but the director of Rocketman relied heavily on Elton to make a lot of things as authentic as possible. 

The thing is; a film like this under a major label, won't let Madonna just do whatever she wants. Other people will be involved while she's directing. The fact that she had two well award winning writers on the script up to this point, shows she's very willing to listen to what other people say.  I'm sure she'll be fine as director and I'm personally keeping in mind this is a project that Madonna wants to do to share HER perspective.  She isn't interested in doing a typical Biopic.  We should know that because Madonna more than not, does things outside the box.

14 minutes ago, Donna said:

Elton was pretty much a consultant on that film.  Of course, Madonna will have more creative control with her Biopic if she still directs, but the director of Rocketman relied heavily on Elton to make a lot of things as authentic as possible. 

The thing is; a film like this under a major label, won't let Madonna just do whatever she wants. Other people will be involved while she's directing. The fact that she had two well award winning writers on the script up to this point, shows she's very willing to listen to what other people say.  I'm sure she'll be fine as director and I'm personally keeping in mind this is a project that Madonna wants to do to share HER perspective.  She isn't interested in doing a typical Biopic.  We should know that because Madonna more than not, does things outside the box.

Exactly. 

5 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

Maybe the studio visits the past years while writing the movie have actually been for the soundtrack.  maybe there will be some new songs in each decade.  max martin said the track was very 80's. Honey could easily do something very 90s. It actually could all be the same project

Idk why people keep ignoring this initial rumor...she's written an ENTIRE album's worth of NEW songs with patrick leonard. Some with the intention for the film. At this point she was unsure what was going to be released first and wanted things to move fast and thats when she took some to BloodOrange who turned those written demos down and would only work from scratch. The tour was also already in the works as well. Personal conjecture, once things were not moving as fast for the film and not going in her favor she decided to do the tour first instead most likely devoting the ENTIRE 2024 to the making of the film. Remember, Celebration was meant to be done by the end of 2023 before she got ill. We already know she's worked with SicKick, Honey Dijon, and Max Martin. I'm willing to bet we will get new music with the release of the film or shortly ala MDNA with Masterpiece.

2 hours ago, Andreo said:

Musically speaking, "Like a Virgin" is the album that aged the most. In comparison her first album released more than one year before still sounds fresh to this day. 

15 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Musically speaking, "Like a Virgin" is the album that aged the most. In comparison her first album released more than one year before still sounds fresh to this day. 

I have to agree with this!  I always thought LAV is probably one of her most dated albums.  I think Bedtime Stories is very much of it's time as well.  True Blue as well, but there is something just refreshing about the latter two for me.

48 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Idk why people keep ignoring this initial rumor...she's written an ENTIRE album's worth of NEW songs with patrick leonard. Some with the intention for the film. At this point she was unsure what was going to be released first and wanted things to move fast and thats when she took some to BloodOrange who turned those written demos down and would only work from scratch. The tour was also already in the works as well. Personal conjecture, once things were not moving as fast for the film and not going in her favor she decided to do the tour first instead most likely devoting the ENTIRE 2024 to the making of the film. Remember, Celebration was meant to be done by the end of 2023 before she got ill. We already know she's worked with SicKick, Honey Dijon, and Max Martin. I'm willing to bet we will get new music with the release of the film or shortly ala MDNA with Masterpiece.

Theres no patrick leonard rumor. The only session she did was with max martin and thats it.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Bring this on if true!!!!! thanks for these reminders.  I hope it happens!!!

1 hour ago, littlestartman said:

Theres no patrick leonard rumor. The only session she did was with max martin and thats it.

Uh yes there was. BloodOrange too which is when they began to follow one another. Just because YOU are not aware of rumors does not mean a rumor does exist. Now if you wanna say you dont BELIEVE the rumor that's one thing but flat out saying there isnt a rumor? Pff 

44 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Bring this on if true!!!!! thanks for these reminders.  I hope it happens!!!

It would definitely be interesting if Pat was involved...for the first time ever I'm ok waiting on new madonna music. I'm definitely beyond stoked for this film and can't wait to see Julia as Madonna. For some reason I'm SO interested in how the Penn marriage will be told. 

3 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

She’s clearly recording new music for this movie. 

I totally think so 

3 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

Elton John is literally the most boring performer. And, Madonna is better. The End. See you in 2 years ✌🏼

Agreed 👍🏼 his movie was good though 

31 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Uh yes there was. BloodOrange too which is when they began to follow one another. Just because YOU are not aware of rumors does not mean a rumor does exist. Now if you wanna say you dont BELIEVE the rumor that's one thing but flat out saying there isnt a rumor? Pff 

I remember that rumour too

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Didn’t Patrick himself say that rumour is not true 

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Yes, I heard about the rumors with Pat L. as well. Do you have any scratch receipts or record keeping by chance?