Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months' after project was shelved during her Celebration Tour

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

It would definitely be interesting if Pat was involved...for the first time ever I'm ok waiting on new madonna music. I'm definitely beyond stoked for this film and can't wait to see Julia as Madonna. For some reason I'm SO interested in how the Penn marriage will be told. 

Hopefully with lots of violence and gore.

1. It makes no sense to Madonna work on new music gor the biopic if the script is not ready yet. thats detrimental for the project.

2. If madonna was working with Pat Leonard there would be a press release, pictures, antecipation and they would use it sell whatever new project she may have. She herself posted everyone she worked with on instagram for the last 5 years.

34 minutes ago, littlestartman said:

1. It makes no sense to Madonna work on new music gor the biopic if the script is not ready yet. thats detrimental for the project.

2. If madonna was working with Pat Leonard there would be a press release, pictures, antecipation and they would use it sell whatever new project she may have. She herself posted everyone she worked with on instagram for the last 5 years.

Not necessarily. The Weeknd and Sam Smith collabs were not revealed until they came out.

Having said that I don’t believe these Pat rumours. I would love if he worked on the score for the movie though.

1 hour ago, Gonzus said:

Beatles' albums are terribly dated but doesn't mean they're bad. An album doesn't need to be current to be good. Besides, music today is garbage, so to be dated is a compliment

Why do people go on about things sounding dated? I really think it’s not a relevant criticism anymore, especially not in a room of people aged mostly 35 to 60. They use old music in films , tv shows, video games, adverts, trailers , they play them in clubs, bars… music has no age. Young kids like hearing old stuff if it’s good. They sent an 80’s Kate Bush song to #1 a few years ago and a Sophie Ellis Bextor song to #1 last year.

4 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I do wonder if the celebration tour was in part done to get the biopic made as a teaser/promo and to convince film studio to back it again that there is enough interest still to make it a profitable movie e.g. 1.5 million people at the Rio show 

Agree 

It's always been the 2 hour (even 3 hour) time limit on a film that just doesn't work for a story like hers. Too much cramming. Too much left out. 

I'd still like to be an extra and can't wait to go see it on opening night and complain about every detail.

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Why do people go on about things sounding dated? I really think it’s not a relevant criticism anymore, especially not in a room of people aged mostly 35 to 60. They use old music in films , tv shows, video games, adverts, trailers , they play them in clubs, bars… music has no age. Young kids like hearing old stuff if it’s good. They sent an 80’s Kate Bush song to #1 a few years ago and a Sophie Ellis Bextor song to #1 last year.

ABSOLUTELY!!! 

That the most stupid thing to say about ART, art is never dated NEVER!!! 

I went to see Rembrandt at the museum but I find him so dated!!! Not!!!

I saw some Greek sculptures at the Met last time but I found them so dated NOT!!!

La Gioconda ughhhhh she’s so dated!!! Even her clothes so old!!! Not!!!

Chopin, Mozart, The Beetles, Motown, Samba, Mariachi and folk music not dated!!!

Show it to me Rachel!!!

Art is from it’s time it reflects the context and the aesthetic from the era, and will never be dated… 

Get a book people, travel a little, finish high school please… 

Judge Court GIF by Rooster Teeth

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Jimmy Fallon Thank You GIF

BOOM.

Good god do I HATE the term "dated". I mean, at a certain point, everything is dated. Doesn't make it any less great.

Hell, pretty much every one here is "dated". :OML::Madonna032:

9 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

ABSOLUTELY!!! 

That the most stupid thing to say about ART, art is never dated NEVER!!! 

I went to see Rembrandt at the museum but I find him so dated!!! Not!!!

I saw some Greek sculptures at the Met last time but I found them so dated NOT!!!

La Gioconda ughhhhh she’s so dated!!! Even her clothes so old!!! Not!!!

Chopin, Mozart, The Beetles, Motown, Samba, Mariachi and folk music not dated!!!

Show it to me Rachel!!!

Art is from it’s time it reflects the context and the aesthetic from the era, and will never be dated… 

Get a book people, travel a little, finish high school please… 

Judge Court GIF by Rooster Teeth

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

On 6/3/2024 at 9:27 AM, Honey Little said:

“The focus of this film will always be previous branding opportunities. Deals like Hard Candy Fitness and Gap kept me going and music was just a side thing for me. There are so many untold and inspiring stories like Itau negotiations and who better to tell it than me,” she continued.

Can we get a feature to save quotes from this forum.

3 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

It's always been the 2 hour (even 3 hour) time limit on a film that just doesn't work for a story like hers. Too much cramming. Too much left out. 

I'd still like to be an extra and can't wait to go see it on opening night and complain about every detail.

It could be done, if it starts in NYC and the first half is the 70s/80s, they could get a lot crammed into a 2.5hr movie. The 2010s/2020s era will be very minimal since nothing much exciting happened during that time. 

11 hours ago, Gonzus said:

Beatles' albums are terribly dated but doesn't mean they're bad. An album doesn't need to be current to be good. Besides, music today is garbage, so to be dated is a compliment

For sure i'd take "Like a virgin" over all the crap we have today.