💤 Susan Thomas’ Nap Time 💤

20 minutes ago, stefo said:

In my opinion the only palusible unrelesed tracks choices are the ones that could have a direct relationship with the released album and not the studio session itself. The style of the songs from the session with Shep was more Erotica oriented apparently, so it's strange and incoherent to include tracks like Bring it, Goodtime or Tongue tied (wich I highly would like to hear by the way, especially the second one said to be quite good). 

I think the tracks that could be considered are just the early versions of songs eventually included in the final tracklist like "Something's coming over" (Secret) or "I will always have you" (Inside of me) or an unreleased Dallas Austin track, if I'm not wrong there still should be one called "Right on time" written by him.

I agree.  My thought we're getting alternate remixes or early demo version of the singles that haven't been officially released and possibly an early version/remix of tracks such as "Freedom", "Let Down Your Guard" and/or "Your Honesty". 

21 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

People keep mentioning demos in these releases, but have we ever had an official demo of anything released?

Seriously, I always thought Madonna never wanted to put out unfinished or demo versions. We've had new edits and unreleased mixes, but I can't recall any demos. Or did we?

Oh it's simple, we're desperate man ...

Happy Election 2020 GIF by Josh Rigling

24 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

People keep mentioning demos in these releases, but have we ever had an official demo of anything released?

Seriously, I always thought Madonna never wanted to put out unfinished or demo versions. We've had new edits and unreleased mixes, but I can't recall any demos. Or did we?

Yes. 2 years ago she released in streaming the demo to Back That Up To The Beat

20 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Back That Up to the Beat was reworked and released on the 2CD / International version of Madame X, then in it's original Demo form in 2022 because it went viral on tiktok

15 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Your Honesty was also released -  She won't release 'rough demo's' , can't see her every doing that - but I do see her released unreleased songs (aka demos).

I don't know?  She did release ILNY which comes off more of a rough demo before it was included on COADF.  Anymore, I am not sure what to expect because she possibly may have a change of heart in sharing her old demos at some point.  Besides, she went ahead and released the Back That Up To The Beat demo after it went viral.  So this could make her rethink how she feels about releasing unfinished/rough demos. 

22 minutes ago, Adonna said:

I don't know?  She did release ILNY which comes off more of a rough demo before it was included on COADF.  Anymore, I am not sure what to expect because she possibly may have a change of heart in sharing her old demos at some point.  Besides, she went ahead and released the Back That Up To The Beat demo after it went viral.  So this could make her rethink how she feels about releasing unfinished/rough demos. 

True, but it's almost a finished song even if rough - 

9 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

True, but it's almost a finished song even if rough - 

I do wonder if what we know of the set list is 100%, accurate and if there really are any intention for demos on this upcoming release?  I still think this might be something very much like American Life Mix Show (which I liked) and it will just include varied unreleased remixes that might be similar or edits of remixes that were released.

We're only a few weeks away for more info.  :)

13 minutes ago, Boombox90 said:

I don’t think it was a demo.

That was a completely polished, finished version that I actually prefer over the Confessions version.

Yeah I prefer it to the version on Confessions also, but the album version does fit better sonically with the rest of the album (in my opinion only). But listened to in isolation, I really like the IGTTYAS version. It even makes me forgive lines like “other cities make me feel like a dork” and “just go to Texas, isn’t that where they golf” 😆 

19 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

I prefer it to the version on Confessions also, but the album version does fit better sonically with the rest of the album (in my opinion only). But listened to in isolation, I really like the IGTTYAS version. It even makes me forgive lines like “other cities make me feel like a dork” and “just go to Texas, isn’t that where they golf” 😆 

Yeah, I feel the demo version of ILNY for IGTTYAS is better than the album version.  The original track listing for IGTTYAS soundtrack album listed ILNY as a "demo"

35 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Yeah I prefer it to the version on Confessions also, but the album version does fit better sonically with the rest of the album (in my opinion only). But listened to in isolation, I really like the IGTTYAS version. It even makes me forgive lines like “other cities make me feel like a dork” and “just go to Texas, isn’t that where they golf” 😆 

I agree.

I’m sure they refer to the IGTTYAS version as ‘demo’ to differentiate it from the released Confessions album version.

12 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Your Honesty was also released -  She won't release 'rough demo's' , can't see her ever doing that - but I do see her releasing unreleased songs (aka demos).

unreleased is not a demo, it's unreleased. Your Honesty, it's properly produced.

We had non official leaks of demos and we have non official leaks of unreleased tracks, we know the difference.

ROL demo assembly are demos, they sound like demos, same with lots of the Hard Candy, Rebel Heart.

Maybe we need more people making viral obcure tracks.

23 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

unreleased is not a demo, it's unreleased. Your Honesty, it's properly produced.

We had non official leaks of demos and we have non official leaks of unreleased tracks, we know the difference.

ROL demo assembly are demos, they sound like demos, same with lots of the Hard Candy, Rebel Heart.

Maybe we need more people making viral obcure tracks.

True and agree, but in this sense, I think a demo release from Madonna would not be a work in progress, but rather a finished song (or near finished).

7 hours ago, Adonna said:

The original track listing for IGTTYAS soundtrack album listed ILNY as a "demo"

I don't think there was ever a mention of the ILNY track version on this tracklist . The "(demo)" brackets on Wikipedia or some other sites are not the official listing. This mix doesn't have a title different than the regular COADF version.

screenshot-mad-eyes.net-2024_09.15-10_56_59.jpg.90b4fade51dd25789d0c2ff40e28fc5f.jpg

18 hours ago, EgoRod said:

They totally can rework a demo to complete the track and make it sound like a finished song.

They have multitrack so it's not very difficult to work on it. Do we know if Your honesty was totally finished in 1994 ?

Just hoping.

13 hours ago, PlayPause said:

I don't think there was ever a mention of the ILNY track version on this tracklist . The "(demo)" brackets on Wikipedia or some other sites are not the official listing. This mix doesn't have a title different than the regular COADF version.

screenshot-mad-eyes.net-2024_09.15-10_56_59.jpg.90b4fade51dd25789d0c2ff40e28fc5f.jpg

You're right.  After I posted, I looked at the track listings on my CD and didn't see it listed as "demo".  To me, it seems like it was implied as a demo being it was created on tour and it's not as polished as COADF version.  But I think most of us fans differentiate it as the "Rock version" as well. :)