If Christopher Ciccone did a Q&A what would you ask him....

xavier

Well, whoever has an addict or recovering addict as a sibling/family member/friend knows to take the book with a grain of salt. The book VERY much reads like that. 

However...the most interesting part is where he talks about the Ray of Light tour!

Here is another interesting side note...in 2004 waaaaay before the book came out the rumors for the Reinvention tour were pretty much the same as the way he describes the scrapped ROL tour was going to be like with the Tree of Life with each season being a different section. I wonder if she ever had a setlist for ROL or if it didnt reach that point so i guesd that would be my question.

I would certainly compliment him for having advised and codirected some of her best shows, BA and GS, and for having given the most interesting creative idea from the DWT (the tree of life and the "ghosts fighting") . I would tell him that I feel like without him and Vince M lost some of the cohesiveness and depth in staging her music (I agree with Paterson when he says that she has great ideas but she doesn't let evolve the themes, doesn't give 'em enough space to express their full meaning and potential, letting many good things remaining kinda random). So, yes, I would actually ackowledge his contribution at first, I think his absence was creatively and artistically tangible, as Donna's and Niki's in terms of voice and energy.

Said that I would simply ask him why today he thinks he did such a thing like writing that book, cause I don't buy the simple economic reason, there was something deeper in the tone of those pages. And mostly I would like him to share his feelings and thoughts about how worth it's actually been, how he feels today, cause I'm sure that when a relationship arrives at that point responsabilities come from both sides, but the act of going public that way with her was definitely strong and meaningful.

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

Well, whoever has an addict or recovering addict as a sibling/family member/friend knows to take the book with a grain of salt. The book VERY much reads like that. 

However...the most interesting part is where he talks about the Ray of Light tour!

Here is another interesting side note...in 2004 waaaaay before the book came out the rumors for the Reinvention tour were pretty much the same as the way he describes the scrapped ROL tour was going to be like with the Tree of Life with each season being a different section. I wonder if she ever had a setlist for ROL or if it didnt reach that point so i guesd that would be my question.

I am pretty sure that Shanti was intended for the ROL tour as there was a specific interview back then where she described taking Lola to see classical Indian dancers and how she felt about incorporating elements like that into a tour, therefore the ROL tour would've included an Indian themed section with Shanti featuring in it. It was a long time ago, so it's possible I've misremembered some bits, so unless I'm wrong, that's a hint of what might've been.

2 hours ago, TheGoth said:

I am pretty sure that Shanti was intended for the ROL tour as there was a specific interview back then where she described taking Lola to see classical Indian dancers and how she felt about incorporating elements like that into a tour, therefore the ROL tour would've included an Indian themed section with Shanti featuring in it. It was a long time ago, so it's possible I've misremembered some bits, so unless I'm wrong, that's a hint of what might've been.

She was talking about the VMA performance but I am like 99.99% sure she would've something similar for the tour. It also could've been the first and only time she's done a tour brunette 😭😭😭

Another side note for that Reinvention Tour rumor...the rumor was that Tree of Life seasons etc and that she was going to open with SKIN. Like i mentioned before, Chris hadnt written or spoke about the ROL tour so it's very suspicious that that rumor ended up being his initial plan for ROL (minus the Skin part but it makes sense and fits)!

17 hours ago, Alpha said:

She was talking about the VMA performance but I am like 99.99% sure she would've something similar for the tour. It also could've been the first and only time she's done a tour brunette 😭😭😭

Another side note for that Reinvention Tour rumor...the rumor was that Tree of Life seasons etc and that she was going to open with SKIN. Like i mentioned before, Chris hadnt written or spoke about the ROL tour so it's very suspicious that that rumor ended up being his initial plan for ROL (minus the Skin part but it makes sense and fits)!

If I could be transported to another universe it would be one where this tour actually happened. Imagine her looking as she did for the Arena 1999 shoot... breathtakingly beautiful with that brunette hair. And the saris she wore for the Spin Indian Summer shoot.

Could've been a section with:

Bittersweet (Interlude)

Shanti

NRM (Vikram Mix)

Frozen

Sanctuary 

Skin

The Power of Goodbye (Fabian Mix)

And then maybe a Cafe Del Mar themed section with:

To Have And Not To Hold

Love Tried To Welcome Me

La Isla Bonita 

I'll Remember (WO Mix)

She still looked gorgeous, but was disappointed she cut her hair when NRM came out.

Anyways I'm digressing from the topic title 🥴

4 hours ago, TheGoth said:

If I could be transported to another universe it would be one where this tour actually happened. Imagine her looking as she did for the Arena 1999 shoot... breathtakingly beautiful with that brunette hair. And the saris she wore for the Spin Indian Summer shoot.

Could've been a section with:

Bittersweet (Interlude)

Shanti

NRM (Vikram Mix)

Frozen

Sanctuary 

Skin

The Power of Goodbye (Fabian Mix)

And then maybe a Cafe Del Mar themed section with:

To Have And Not To Hold

Love Tried To Welcome Me

La Isla Bonita 

I'll Remember (WO Mix)

She still looked gorgeous, but was disappointed she cut her hair when NRM came out.

Anyways I'm digressing from the topic title 🥴

I LOVED that geisha cut! I definitely think the tour would be all ROL with Bedtime Stories, Evita, STR, and Erotica sprinkled through out

• 2 weeks later...