RUMOUR: New The Weeknd, Madonna & Taylor Swift collab!

4 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Don’t be so gullible :smke:

Oh for once you gave me back hope.

If there's someone's voice I really don't want to listen to with M's is that Taylor thing's one ... believe me, I was never able to like Gaga but I tried cause I wanted to find some fun in her character ... but with Swift, wow ... I could never even try :lol:

Quite excited and supportive for another good The Weekend collab instead, still loving Popular a lot!!

2 minutes ago, Tudors said:

Really cause you left like 3 comments in the Sabrina Carpenter thread. She's kinda irresistible so I don't blame you for starting to budge lol

She doesn’t have the ‘it’ factor to me, so it’s just seeing her name over and over that has me intrigued. :)

4 hours ago, Tudors said:

Really cause you left like 3 comments in the Sabrina Carpenter thread. She's kinda irresistible so I don't blame you for starting to budge lol

I loved Espresso. I gave the album a listen and I'm not overly excited about it though.

Madonna still currently has over 40M monthly listeners on Spotify, and that's a lot due to Popular (that now has over 900M streams). Years ago, Madonna had around 20M monthly listeners. I knew that a great, well-promoted collab could up her numbers. Y'all cannot deny the immense power of The Weeknd, Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift and other such megastars.

As for Rihanna, she hasn't released much these past years but is currently number 6 in the world w/ over 84M monthly listeners, which is quite impressive. Maybe she should have Madonna on her comeback single if there is ever one.

Taylor is great I don't get the hate.  Once you get past the fluff like Shake It Off, You Need To Calm Down. Me, Look What You Made Me Do there's heaps to be enjoyed. I think she does have a habit of releasing some of the worst tracks on the albums as singles TBH but the fanbase seem to make sure the best ones rise to the top through streaming like August & Cruel Summer. I wasn't convinced either at first but her voice is lovely and syrupy and her writing is actually sublime in places.

• Tolerate It
  • LOLM
  • Marjorie
  • The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived 

She really hones in on human emotions and those thoughts in your head very eloquently and poetically. . It took me by surprise actually after hearing the singles she's released. If Max Martin could give Madonna anything as sublime as Style I'd be thrilled. It's a perfect pop song.

26 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Taylor is great I don't get the hate.  Once you get past the fluff like Shake It Off, You Need To Calm Down. Me, Look What You Made Me Do there's heaps to be enjoyed. I think she does have a habit of releasing some of the worst tracks on the albums as singles TBH but the fanbase seem to make sure the best ones rise to the top through streaming like August & Cruel Summer. I wasn't convinced either at first but her voice is lovely and syrupy and her writing is actually sublime in places.

• Tolerate It
  • LOLM
  • Marjorie
  • The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived 

She really hones in on human emotions and those thoughts in your head very eloquently and poetically. . It took me by surprise actually after hearing the singles she's released. If Max Martin could give Madonna anything as sublime as Style I'd be thrilled. It's a perfect pop song.

No Swiffer propaganda allowed here🚔🚨

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Taylor is great I don't get the hate.

(...)

If Max Martin could give Madonna anything as sublime as Style I'd be thrilled. It's a perfect pop song.

You see? I always try to make a good, critical boy, so you wrote about this Style track and I went and listened to it. And I really can't get it sorry. It sounds predictable, flat, inexpressive. And it's not just one thing, it's ll of it: the melody, the lyrics, the video, the arrangement. The problem with her is that all of her tracks sound like this, even when she tries to explore different genres, they all tend to have the same kinda hook, the usual emotional crescendos with very easy chords and she always manages to be kinda sweet and proper ... Never provocative, she talks about herself, there is almost nothing more than her own things in her music, it's quite a strange world with no wars, no oppressions, no injustice. 

I don't know, maybe it's just because in real life I always try to avoid such bad companies ...

No hating intended though, I'm posting this because I really tried again and went to listen to the Martin's track and I wanted to share what I got from it :)

Fair enough. I thought it pretty much universal that Style was pop perfection and Taylors best track. It was also sonically analysed to have the pace, melody and chord progressions that appeal to the human ear. There were think pieces on it at the time I wouldn't be able to find them now but here's a couple. 

https://www.metroweekly.com/2023/11/taylor-swifts-style-a-near-perfect-pop-gem-revisited/

https://www.vox.com/2015/2/19/8068789/taylor-swift-style-annotated

Were Ben Shapiro and Tom MacDonald busy?

M and Janet getting together anytime from 1990- 1994 would have blown up the world. Even with a terrible song ("Hey Bertney!!!!") we'd still be talking about it.

According to the MInfinity experts, "Vulgar" was going to be a #1 smash and should have been included on Erotica. So I would definitely trust them, don't mind me.

Over It Lol GIF by Lifetime

22 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Fair enough. I thought it pretty much universal that Style was pop perfection and Taylors best track. It was also sonically analysed to have the pace, melody and chord progressions that appeal to the human ear. There were think pieces on it at the time I wouldn't be able to find them now but here's a couple. 

https://www.metroweekly.com/2023/11/taylor-swifts-style-a-near-perfect-pop-gem-revisited/

https://www.vox.com/2015/2/19/8068789/taylor-swift-style-annotated

Thanks for the links, really. They were intersting to read/watch and left me astonished  ... I always knew I'm such a weird kind of human being after all :lol::heart: