Vote for Madonna at VMA's

proxy

1 minute ago, True Blue 84 said:

From that list those 2 Madonna performances are the most iconic. 

Absolutely, but same cant be said about the rest. I love Katy to death really, and not even i as a hardcore fan care about that performance. Taylor has never had any iconic performance, eberybody knows she's no performer and is the antithesis to the adjective 'iconic', and Gaga's performance is great but forgotten as anyone else's. Im sure many artists in the past made as great as M, but maybe they wouldnt bring enough chat among nostalgic aging pop fans. Not even said they're bad Gaga and Katy were great, but between being a good performance and being an iconic one there's a huge difference lol.

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I told you it was set. No voting going on there.

Sad.

Of course "voting" is going on.  But when you leave the voting up on a social media network where people can vote more than once, and you have rabid fans of each fan bases, hilariously clicking their choice over and over, you can expect such results.  Of course Taylor is going to win.  Why wouldn't she?  She's the biggest superstar of the moment. 

Do I agree Taylor's performance should win?  NOPE!  But I don't think it's "set"!  It's just predictable because of course she's going to win, when the voting process is obviously catered to a way many younger generations communicate these days.

1 minute ago, Adonna said:

Of course "voting" is going on.  But when you leave the voting up on a social media network where people can vote more than once, and you have rabid fans of each fan bases, hilariously clicking their choice over and over, you can expect such results.  Of course Taylor is going to win.  Why wouldn't she?  She's the biggest superstar of the moment. 

Do I agree Taylor's performance should win?  NOPE!  But I don't think it's "set"!  It's just predictable because of course she's going to win, when the voting process is obviously catered to a way many younger generations communicate these days.

Did you "vote"? There was no process going on, just access to an URL (the ones I posted yesterday) saying "Thank you for your vote".

It was all a set up.

1 minute ago, Adonna said:

To be honest, I think Madonna's Vogue and Express Yourself was far much better.  Vogue especially was Iconic.  I do think Like A Virgin performance was too, but the impact it had then doesn't really carry over through the test of time. A lot of people watch it now, and think, "what was the big fuss?"   But those of us who were alive and witnessed it, knew it was a huge deal at the time.

Yes, they ARE to you... but it's just not you and the Madonna fans who are participating.  Again, as Madonna fans we are simply biased to it.  Clearly there are far more better Iconic performance even beyond Madonna's.  I personally don't think those two Madonna choices ARE the most iconic performances, especially from Madonna.

None of the others had the same impact those two Madonna performances had. Fact!... 

I could say the exact same thing to you " maybe to you they aren't " 

And yes to me they are. It's definitely not Gaga or Swift. It's just because their fanbase is much younger so they vote more. Still doesn't mean their performances are the most iconic on the list, and hell no they aren't..

Name 1 more Iconic mtv performance on that list than...

Like a virgin ( 1984)

Madonna, Britney, Xtina 

I wait...... 

And yes Britney's slave, Madonna's Express yourself and Vogue should be on there to but they aren't...

Just now, True Blue 84 said:

None of the others had the same impact those two Madonna performances had. Fact!... 

And yes to me they are. It's definitely not Gaga or Swift. It's just because their fanbase is much younger so they vote more. Still doesn't mean their performances are the most iconic on the list, and hell no they aren't..

Like a virgin ( 1984)

Madonna, Britney, Xtina 

I wait...... 

And yes Britney's slave, Madonna's Express yourself and Vogue should be on there to but they aren't...

The difference is I'm not stating my opinion as fact. You are!  Again, we're biased. We're Madonna fans, but I certainly can think of many other iconic appearance and performance throughout the 40 year Award show. 

It's just because their fanbase is much younger so they vote more.

That's what I've been saying.  This is catered to Social Media where more younger people will participate.  Other than that, it's just rabid fans who are voting a zillion times to try to ramp up the votes for the one they want to win.  It's only a "joke" if MTV didn't expect that. 

4 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Like a virgin ( 1984)

Madonna, Britney, Xtina 

I wait...... 

The Hollywood performance was kinda meh. It was the kiss that was iconic.

Full on performances that were iconic were Like a Virgin ‘84, Express Yourself and Vogue.

Britneys slave wasn’t really iconic as the snake is all anyone remembers. A prop.

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Did you "vote"? There was no process going on, just access to an URL (the ones I posted yesterday) saying "Thank you for your vote".

It was all a set up.

Yes, I did!  But I only did it once. I have no interest in sitting there trying to fight what obviously is aimed at a younger generation of voters.  Obviously, as you vote, it's being tallied, hence... "thank you for your vote" afterwards. 

People are only pissed here is because they know Taylor will win and many fans hate on her. That's the "fact" here!  :ahh:

57 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Online someone posted a top 5 so far with 1 Taylor swift 2 Lady Gaga 3 and 4 i can't remember and 5 was Katy Perry. No Madonna. This can't be true right? How does this person knows this allready, you could also see the % of how many... But if it's true, this categorie is a joke... 

Where did you see it? I can’t find anything on twitter. I don’t doubt Taylor will win but I have a hard time believing the 03 one didn’t end up in top 5. There were nearly as many people in all the various comments mentioning that as the gaga one.

3 minutes ago, Adonna said:

The difference is I'm not stating my opinion as fact. You are!  Again, we're biased. We're Madonna fans, but I certainly can think of many other iconic appearance and performance throughout the 40 year Award show. 

That's what I've been saying.  This is catered to Social Media where more younger people will participate.  Other than that, it's just rabid fans who are voting a zillion times to try to ramp up the votes for the one they want to win.  It's only a "joke" if MTV didn't expect that. 

I never said there weren't any other iconic performances. I said on that list.

And cmon, use your sense, Gaga or Taylor swift are not the most iconic on that list. Stop acting like the smart-ass, you know exactly what i mean and you know that im right. 

2 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Where did you see it? I can’t find anything on twitter. I don’t doubt Taylor will win but I have a hard time believing the 03 one didn’t end up in top 5. There were nearly as many people in all the various comments mentioning that as the gaga one.

not sure if voting results are visible anywhere, it was probably just fan speculation

I never said there weren't any other iconic performances. I said on that list.

And cmon, use your sense, Gaga or Taylor swift are not the most iconic on that list. Stop acting like the smart-ass, you know exactly what i mean and you know that im right. 

I never said they were, but it doesn't mean they aren't "iconic" to others.  Believe it or not, there are millions of people who have felt other performances than just Madonna has made in impact on them.  Again, this is just a silly poll.  Are you really that pressed over this?  :ahh:

4 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Someone on tiktok posted it. I tried to find it for you but i can't find it anymore. 

2 minutes ago, androiduser said:

not sure if voting results are visible anywhere, it was probably just fan speculation

That’s what I was thinking. I’m fully expecting taylor or maybe gaga to win, but if they were to show full results for all I’d imagine 03 got a good amount.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see 84 get the lowest though tbh.

1 minute ago, MikeyK said:

That’s what I was thinking. I’m fully expecting taylor or maybe gaga to win, but if they were to show full results for all I’d imagine 03 got a good amount.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see 84 get the lowest though tbh.

Sadly, I agree.

Most people voting are of a far younger demographic.

Just now, Adonna said:

I never said they were, but it doesn't mean they aren't "iconic" to others.  Believe it or not, there are millions of people who have felt other performances than just Madonna has made in impact on them.  Again, this is just a silly poll.  Are you really that pressed over this?  :ahh:

Im not pressed about it at all. And im not going to explain myself again.  

like a virgin madonna GIF

3 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Hey @True Blue 84, know I don't take this very seriously, and just see this as a "spirited debate".  I totally enjoy your posts and respect what you offer here.  Peace and love!  :luv:

Oh it's definitely fine ❤️... you didn't have to do this post but its sweet 😘 There where no hard feelings from my side either.... 

Im not pressed about it at all. And im not going to explain myself again.  

like a virgin madonna GIF

I never asked you to do so.  Why should you?  But we all have our opinions...

madonna-madonnavoguemtv.gif

Just now, True Blue 84 said:

Oh it's definitely fine ❤️... you didn't have to do this post but its sweet 😘 There where no hard feelings from my side either.... 

Certainly, the important thing is we both agree Madonna is extremely iconic and we will go to bat for her anytime.  :luv: