Patti LuPone drags Madonna's and Kim K's acting

True Blue 84

8 hours ago, fauxswan said:

Dead serious who the fuck is Patti Lupine? I’m 20 years old and I’ve never heard of her. I guess she’s a has been?

She’s the horrible real estate mogul in Pose. She was also in Hollywood (another Ryan Murphy show.) Probably others.

I personally think she’s great in those but I’ve never seen her in anything else. She’s been trashing Madonna for decades now. She needs to get over it.

13 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Fine! But she doesn't have to bash madonna every single damn time. It's getting anoying. 

I'm not taking it too seriously, but yeah, she clearly has a beef with Madonna.  But to be fair, it's not like she speaks about this "all the time".  Two times she was asked in how many years time?  It really doesn't matter what she thinks at the end of the day.

4 hours ago, Adonna said:

I'm not taking it too seriously, but yeah, she clearly has a beef with Madonna.  But to be fair, it's not like she speaks about this "all the time".  Two times she was asked in how many years time?  It really doesn't matter what she thinks at the end of the day.

fixed

I think actors can be passionate about acting... The craft and everything... and then they see some popstar come in and get a part because of their fame and they aren't good and yet they keep getting roles merely because they are famous. This is Madonna's acting story. She's not good. She plays a few emotions well, one is determination... and one is seduction. That's it. 

I can see how that might be infuriating, especially if they do a role you are known for. When I saw Kim Kardashian being featured on American Horror Story I decided then and there that I was done with the show. It had been falling off and kept bringing in bad actors.... and then her. And I'm not even an actor, I just don't like to waste my time watching bullshit. 

Patti isn't wrong. She's just an actor that cares about acting and isn't gonna be PC about how she feels about popstars who can't act continuing to do it. 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

fixed

oops... thanks for the correction because that's what I meant to write.  You're right, it doesn't matter what she thinks.  I'm not going to get butt hurt over it because I know she was provoked to answer that, even if she was gleefully to answer.  I'm not naive to believe Madonna is loved by everyone.  I respect she has her opinion and as I stated before, she isn't wrong. Madonna isn't a good actress.  Though, I do think she did a fine job in Evita.  Though, I know that was a huge role for Patti, so of course she's going to be very critical of anyone playing that same role.  If she wants to be shady about it, that's on her, but it doesn't mean she's wrong, nor does it make her any less of an actress herself.  Certainly, I'd like these ladies to get along, but it is what it is.  It's not a big deal for me. :)

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

I think actors can be passionate about acting... The craft and everything... and then they see some popstar come in and get a part because of their fame and they aren't good and yet they keep getting roles merely because they are famous. This is Madonna's acting story. She's not good. She plays a few emotions well, one is determination... and one is seduction. That's it. 

I can see how that might be infuriating, especially if they do a role you are known for. When I saw Kim Kardashian being featured on American Horror Story I decided then and there that I was done with the show. It had been falling off and kept bringing in bad actors.... and then her. And I'm not even an actor, I just don't like to waste my time watching bullshit. 

Patti isn't wrong. She's just an actor that cares about acting and isn't gonna be PC about how she feels about popstars who can't act continuing to do it. 

But those type of actors, singers, authors... walk around like everyone owed them something. And it's not the case. She can be super talented but if she comes across this bitter every time she opens her mouth, what's the point?

Madonna has had an acting career and has been in successful movie projects (big flops as well). "Evita" was a hit and Madonna was part of that success. That's a fact, Putone likes it or not.

First thing a professional artist does is respecting other artists.

Holding grudges for THREE decades... not the best look, don't know.

I watched it last night and I laughed out loud every time Aubrey pukes/spits making Patti gag.

Patricia has been a great inspiration on Broadway, but her attitude is acidic as her punani area.

She's 75 now, Cher and Elton has dropped the drama, IDK why she's still sour and holding to this almost 30 year grudge that Madonna probably has no idea about.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

But those type of actors, singers, authors... walk around like everyone owed them something. And it's not the case. She can be super talented but if she comes across this bitter every time she opens her mouth, what's the point?

I've only heard her ever mention Madonna/Evita twice which have been several years apart now.  Both times, she was asked point blank, and while I agree she comes off quite nasty about it, it's not like she's offering to talk about it every time she's interviewed. 

"The Point"... she was asked "point" blank.  The more recent was part of a silly game, knowing exactly how she would react. 

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Madonna has had an acting career and has been in successful movie projects (big flops as well). "Evita" was a hit and Madonna was part of that success. That's a fact, Putone likes it or not.

First thing a professional artist does is respecting other artists.

Holding grudges for THREE decades... not the best look, don't know.

Patti has mentioned Madonna/Evita NUMEROUS times.

She is just so bitter over Evita.

She should just be thankful she got to play Corky’s mom.

43 minutes ago, TOpher said:

Shnoze Lupone has the acting range of looking like she smelled a fart to looking like she smelled a really bad fart. She’s hardly one to talk about great acting. And audacity of Aubrey laughing when she herself is a terrible actress is quite ironic. 

I mean...not even trying to be funny or shady but I had no idea who Patti was and it was a shock to me when i realized it was the religious lady from AHS Coven who made John Waters films look like subtle acting. I've never been a broadway fanatic or a theatre kid so i can't judge if that's considered good for theatre but if that's considered good for the broadway world, I'm ok never seeing a broadway play.