!!POP EMERGENCY!! Madonna in the Studio With Stuart Price

Rainbow

9 minutes ago, Debord said:

The overwhelmingly positive response from critics shows it wasn't some "only irrational Madonna loons would like this" number. It's fine if folk don't like it but we don't have to rewrite history.

Why in quotes? I never said any of that!  I offered MY opinion.  I said nothing about the critics or how others feel about the song.  The only person "re-writing" anything here,  is you.  If you're going to quote and take anything I say to task, make sure you are actually quoting what I ACTUALLY said.  This is just another reason why I normally ignore you here. You spend too much time assuming what people meant and/or being so damn defensive of anything that doesn't agree with you. :Madonna052:

5 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Why in quotes? I never said any of that!  I offered MY opinion.  I said nothing about the critics or how others feel about the song.  The only person "re-writing" anything here,  is you.  If you're going to quote and take anything I say to task, make sure you are actually quoting what I ACTUALLY said.  This is just another reason why I normally ignore you here. You spend too much time assuming what people meant and/or being so damn defensive of anything that doesn't agree with you. :Madonna052:

It's called paraphrasing. And all I initially said was that I liked Medellin, which led to folk just repeatedly telling each other they hated it, so I'm not sure me pointing out it got a positive critical reception in response to the implication only hardcore fans could like it is being "damn defensive".

57 minutes ago, Debord said:

The reviews of Medellin were very positive and it certainly didn't smack of trying to jump on bandwagons. But nothing on MX was going to set the charts alight.

Unfortunately critic reviews mean nothing when it comes to success and actual reception from fans and general public. The song was overall considered a meh single by pretty much anyone i knew and not a bright lead for a new album, it's one of the most uniconic and unsuccessfull Madonna songs for a reason i guess. Crave for instance, was actually appreciated because catchy and mature and radio decided to play it pretty often, even in recent years

Just now, Andreo said:

Unfortunately critic reviews mean nothing when it comes to success and actual reception from fans and general public. The song was overall considered a meh single by pretty much anyone i knew and not a bright lead for a new album, it's one of the most uniconic and unsuccessfull Madonna songs for a reason i guess. Crave for instance, was actually appreciated because catchy and mature and radio decided to play it pretty often, even in recent years

Yeah clearly the critical reception didn't help it but as I wrote above, I think one of the things working against it was that it just wasn't what folk expect from Madonna and the vast majority of listeners won't make any effort with a song unless it's from an artist they already live. A couple of reviews said it was her most out there/difficult lead since American Life but I think that's only in the sense that it took a few listens before it really made sense.

1 minute ago, Debord said:

It's called paraphrasing. And all I initially said was that I liked Medellin, which led to folk just repeatedly telling each other they hated it, so I'm not sure me pointing out it got a positive critical reception in response to the implication only hardcore fans could like it is being "damn defensive".

No you put words in specific QUOTES as if it was something I sad... that's not "paraphrasing".  Even "paraphrasing", those words you posted in quotes, aren't anything I said.  I offered MY opinion of the song.  I never called anyone an "irrational loon".  Once again, this is what you do all the time.  You assume things of people that are not said, in hopes to provoke an senseless argument with someone.  Just stop!  In fact, do me a favor and never respond or quote me again.  The favor will be mutually returned!  Please and thank you! 

1 minute ago, Adonna said:

No you put words in specific QUOTES as if it was something I sad... that's not "paraphrasing".  Even "paraphrasing", those words you posted in quotes, aren't anything I said.  I offered MY opinion of the song.  I never called anyone an "irrational loon".  Once again, this is what you do all the time.  You assume things of people that are not said, in hopes to provoke an senseless argument with someone.  Just stop!  In fact, do me a favor and never respond or quote me again.  The favor will be mutually returned!  Please and thank you! 

This is a very silly argument but you can put quotation marks around a pithy paraphrasing. Particularly when I'd literally quoted what you wrote above my response. You'll live.

26 minutes ago, Debord said:

This is a very silly argument but you can put quotation marks around a pithy paraphrasing. Particularly when I'd literally quoted what you wrote above my response. You'll live.

Again, you are quoting/paraphrasing something Adonna never wrote so why do it?  Oh but, I'm so glad he will live after your supreme of all opinions and permission. :lord: And thank goodness for that!!

Sexy Secret Agent GIF by Madonna200.gif?cid=2b5f782dqw692jda5jxogd9i0td4

5 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Again, you are quoting/paraphrasing something Adonna never wrote so why do it?  Oh but, I'm so glad he will live after your supreme of all opinions and permission. :lord: And thank goodness for that!!

Sexy Secret Agent GIF by Madonna200.gif?cid=2b5f782dqw692jda5jxogd9i0td4

Why do you two always post in some weird tag team? It's deeply weird. Move on, no-one cares.

6 minutes ago, Debord said:

Why do you two always post in some weird tag team? It's deeply weird. Move on, no-one cares.

Speaking of weird, you are really one to judge. You try dominating us all and sorry, it's not going to work. We can post when and where we want just like you do. Anyway, have a nice day. You'll be ok. :01:

Just now, Voguerista said:

Speaking of weird, you are really one to judge. You try dominating us all and sorry, it's not going to work. We can post when and where we want just like you do. Anyway, have a nice day. You'll be ok. :01:

I can't imagine it takes much to make you feel "dominated". Writing a coherent sentence is probably enough.

Personally I much prefer Medellin to the faceless dance bops some fans have been hankering for for 19 long years. People forget the artist who made Confessions and True Blue also made Music and American Life.

It's always a tell-tale sign when people group Madame X with MDNA and Rebel Heart, as though they are remotely similar or comparable in any way beyond being released in the same decade. The level of artistry, direction, discernment, quality control, inspiration of Madame X couldn't be further from MDNA, Rebel Heart or Hard Candy. Those who understand Madame X know it's a younger slightly confused sibling to Ray of Light, Music and American Life.

4 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

At best "Medeilin" is a nice song but nothing more... You won't change the station if comes but you won't lose sleep if you don't hear it again in your life... How some people thought it would make a solid lead single is beyond me... Way too average and weak.

Madonna thinks having a successful artist attached to the song will open new doors for her. It rarely ever works for her.

7 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Madonna thinks having a successful artist attached to the song will open new doors for her. It rarely ever works for her.

It's pretty common amongst legacy artists nowadays to give their streaming numbers a boost. Look at all the features Kylie has just done, or all the names on the last couple of Coldplay albums. It might not have set the charts alight but Medellin is in her top 20 most streamed songs.

11 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I don't necessarily believe that because a lot people she has collaborated with over the years, weren't always "successful".  Many of the rappers she included on her songs weren't really that successful, especially at the time she worked with them.  Missy Elliot is probably one of the few she worked with who was extremely successful.  And regarding other artists she worked with... up until the Weeknd, Britney Spears and Prince were pretty much the only other artists who had very successful careers, apart from the Justin and Timabland which all did work out for her. 

4 minutes ago, Debord said:

It's pretty common amongst legacy artists nowadays to give their streaming numbers a boost. Look at all the features Kylie has just done, or all the names on the last couple of Coldplay albums. It might not have set the charts alight but Medellin is in her top 20 most streamed songs.

Elton John started it in the 80's with that damn infamous smah hits cover with Adamsky.

Regarding another comment here from a non entity :

"Critics don't matter, what matters is the opinion of everyone (2 people) I (capital) know" *Pussy fart* 

That's rich, espcecially coming from a Katy pourrie fan... it's like someone enjoying sucking on dog shits called himself a gourmet.

1 hour ago, Debord said:

Kylie does features for fun usually for remixes. 99% of her songs are solo. No one was on Padam Padam except her. Her new song Lights Camera Action is just her. 

On 10/5/2024 at 9:05 AM, Blue Jean said:

She wants to make the dance album with Stuart Price that her fans have been begging for by the looks of it. Stage 2 of a career revival.

That’s doubtful. All her running back to her 2000s producers have had crap results. 

11 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I loved Medellin too right from the first time I heard it. I thought the video was brilliant and still do. So beautifully filmed! And Madonna is so beautiful in it as well. 
200.gif?cid=2b5f782d7017yb75xllh7adgpcxz

You just like the video because you have a toe fetish, and your favorite scene is when Madonna is....

xn2AYJ.gif

:laughing:

4 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

Kylie does features for fun usually for remixes. 99% of her songs are solo. No one was on Padam Padam except her. Her new song Lights Camera Action is just her. 

It's not an accident that after Padam she's done a whole sequence of features. It's capitalising on its success to get her streaming numbers up. And most of Madonna's songs are solo too.

On 10/4/2024 at 7:01 AM, Starchild said:

I've been a big Stuart fan since before Hung Up, but music is not mathematical and magic is not always repeatable.

Mainly, though, her thin vocals on the past couple of albums and on the collabs since have left me kind of empty.

Her music has been unsatisfying and subpar for so long now, but there is still a glimmer of hope in there.

People forget that he gave her one hit single that if it hadn’t contained a famous ABBA sample it would have bombed. That’s the only song the general public remembers from that album. The same goes for the likes of Mirwais. Djs rarely make compelling music. She needs songwriters. Stuart’s music always sounds outdated and way too thin. Anyway, she did all she could do with him. If she wants to be lazy and continue repeating herself, so be it.