!!POP EMERGENCY!! Madonna in the Studio With Stuart Price

Rainbow

6 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

People forget that he gave her one hit single that if it hadn’t contained a famous ABBA sample it would have bombed. That’s the only song the general public remembers from that album. The same goes for the likes of Mirwais. Djs rarely make compelling music. She needs songwriters. Stuart’s music always sounds outdated and way too thin. Anyway, she did all she could do with him. If she wants to be lazy and continue repeating herself, so be it. 

Would’ve bombed?

Considering I’d never heard that ABBA song until AFTER Hung Up came out tells me otherwise.

Gimme Gimme Gimme was no Dancing Queen.

29 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

People forget that he gave her one hit single that if it hadn’t contained a famous ABBA sample it would have bombed. That’s the only song the general public remembers from that album. The same goes for the likes of Mirwais. Djs rarely make compelling music. She needs songwriters. Stuart’s music always sounds outdated and way too thin. Anyway, she did all she could do with him. If she wants to be lazy and continue repeating herself, so be it. 

No, the whole album was a sucess, together with Confessions tour and everything they worked together during those years have stood test of time. The sample is one part of the equation...

2 hours ago, godonna said:

Personally I much prefer Medellin to the faceless dance bops some fans have been hankering for for 19 long years. People forget the artist who made Confessions and True Blue also made Music and American Life.

It's always a tell-tale sign when people group Madame X with MDNA and Rebel Heart, as though they are remotely similar or comparable in any way beyond being released in the same decade. The level of artistry, direction, discernment, quality control, inspiration of Madame X couldn't be further from MDNA, Rebel Heart or Hard Candy. Those who understand Madame X know it's a younger slightly confused sibling to Ray of Light, Music and American Life.

:lol:

1 minute ago, Boombox90 said:

Why are you always so passive aggressive?

I can see why you are a Gaga fan :laughing:

Saying that you never heard of Gimme Gimme Gimme until Hung Up is your personal experience and your anecdotal evidence, not a sign that it wasn't a big hit. Madonna mede the effort to secure the sample because the song was a major, instantly recognizable hit.

5 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Saying that you never heard of Gimme Gimme Gimme until Hung Up is your personal experience and your anecdotal evidence, not a sign that it wasn't a big hit. Madonna mede the effort to secure the sample because the song was a major, instantly recognizable hit.

I never said it wasn’t a big hit.

I literally said I had never heard of it before Hung Up.