Christopher Ciccone has passed away

Redha DBL

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

None of us have any rest from death. It comes in waves for many families.

So true. Usually in 3’s. I hate that. :sad:

@Roland Barthes thank you for all your postings on Christopher’s work!  He helped decorate several of Madonna’s homes as well.

Btw: I’ve always thought Rocco was so much like Chris artistically and looks.

Not to be morbid, but the last few years I started having thoughts about how her father's eventual passing would effect her. But now, Joan and two brothers are gone in that time.  Christopher is different though. He was right there with her from the very beginning through some of the craziest parts of the ride. And directed, collaborated, had major creative input into some of her most celebrated work. I know they had their ups and downs with the book and all. I hope she and the family are alright. And that he gets to see his Mom again. This just hits really different.

9 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Not to be morbid, but the last few years I started having thoughts about how her father's eventual passing would effect her. But now, Joan and two brothers are gone in that time.  Christopher is different though. He was right there with her from the very beginning through some of the craziest parts of the ride. And directed, collaborated, had major creative input into some of her most celebrated work. I know they had their ups and downs with the book and all. I hope she and the family are alright. And that he gets to see his Mom again. This just hits really different.

I've considered this too.

I think this is why it's affecting fans like this even though he was her brother. I'm a "young fan", so I only knew about his involvement in her career in the late 00s when I started to read up about her more, but this has upset me. It's so sad.

I know everyone is different, but I do believe that he is back with his mum and that she would have seen him over the other side ❤️

Matthew Rettenmund now has an article on his blog

'This is why, when I happened to confirm his death, I decided not to report it publicly. Instead, I posted some nostalgic images, looking past the negativity he had with his sister. My assumption was his death would be announced shortly. It took time, when meant my posts were suddenly “vague-posting,” and in that time, a lot of people became angry — they wanted a confirmation, or they wanted to assert people who did announce it were lying. I read a lot of people asserting he was alive because of Wikipedia, and others claiming to still be speaking to him.'

https://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2024/10/madonnas-brother-christopher-ciccone-dies-63-10-days-after-her-stepmother.html

3 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

'This is why, when I happened to confirm his death, I decided not to report it publicly. Instead, I posted some nostalgic images, looking past the negativity he had with his sister. My assumption was his death would be announced shortly. It took time, when meant my posts were suddenly “vague-posting,” and in that time, a lot of people became angry — they wanted a confirmation, or they wanted to assert people who did announce it were lying. I read a lot of people asserting he was alive because of Wikipedia, and others claiming to still be speaking to him.'

https://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2024/10/madonnas-brother-christopher-ciccone-dies-63-10-days-after-her-stepmother.html

He knew exactly what he was doing. He used the hashtags.

Sad confirmed official news anyway. Rest In Peace.

5 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

My final comment on this: His own timing was bad because it created speculation the family didn't need until they were ready to announce it. It wasn't his place and he knew what he was doing. 

12 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

She’s been quiet on social media her last post was 6 days ago 

She may never even acknowledge it on social media.  While she has every right to not to do so, I'd think if anything she may mention Christopher due to him being so instrumental in her early career.  And she did mention Anthony when he died.

Anyway, it's just so sad!  My thoughts are with her and her family.  I'm sure she's very devastated!!  :sad:

1 minute ago, Adonna said:

She may never even acknowledge it on social media.  While she has every right to not to do so, I'd think if anything she may mention Christopher due to him being so instrumental in her early career.  And she did mention Martin when he died.

Anyway, it's just so sad!  My thoughts are with her and her family.  I'm sure she's very devastated!!  :sad:

Anthony died, not Martin 

Hugs to all the family 💙