Christopher Ciccone has passed away

Redha DBL

5 minutes ago, proxy said:

I didn't like him because he stab M in the back, anyway RIP Christopher. I'm sure it will hurt M very much :broken:

I don't know him personally, so I can't say I didn't like him, but I didn't like he wrote that book without her consent. He knew exactly what he was doing.  Anyway, he claimed by 2012 they were "good".  I just hope it was in Madonna's mind, because no doubt it will eat at her, if she feels she left things unresolved.  But knowing very well how family dynamics are, sometimes pride gets in the way, and even still, sometimes the actions of someone could go too far, to find or accept forgiveness.  Unfortunately, we all make that call to forgive or not to forgive and it's only the death of one or another, it may come back to haunt you.  Anyway,  the two were very close, so I hope the two made amends.  :luv:

10 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

Inappropriate comment. 

What inappropriate, I’m supposed to pretend that his  book doesn’t exist lol I wrote Rip Christopher and fell sorry about his family. But I won’t change what I think about him. 

21 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Matthew Rettenmund now has an article on his blog

'This is why, when I happened to confirm his death, I decided not to report it publicly. Instead, I posted some nostalgic images, looking past the negativity he had with his sister. My assumption was his death would be announced shortly. It took time, when meant my posts were suddenly “vague-posting,” and in that time, a lot of people became angry — they wanted a confirmation, or they wanted to assert people who did announce it were lying. I read a lot of people asserting he was alive because of Wikipedia, and others claiming to still be speaking to him.'

https://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2024/10/madonnas-brother-christopher-ciccone-dies-63-10-days-after-her-stepmother.html

He's full of it. He should just say "i should have not" if he had any decency left. He can't even be a man about it, he has to point fingers. He just wanted to be the first one to break the news with no regards to anyone or anything but his ego. 

4 minutes ago, proxy said:

You first, if you think that I'm supposed change my mind of someone bad actions, just because he sadly past away. 

I don't think people are asking you to change your mind, but not to write comments that can seem hurtful in this context...

It's deluded to think when someone dies all their sins disappear and are forgiven. He probably regretted that book but it doesn't take away the hurt it caused his sister. Life and death are complicated. Very sad when anyone dies but people are entitled to feel how they feel. No right way or wrong way to grieve.

He also designed Bill Clinton"s office in Harlem, The Maverick offices in Hollywood, he collaborated with Andy Towle on the relaunch of the LGBT magazine Genre for which he interviewed people including Madonna for Swept Away. He had two restaurants. Managed Ari Gold. When he returned to Michigan he had a furniture  and decorating store, launched a shoe line in Italy, had a traveling redecorating show on Youtube. He did a lot of stuff !

In the early days, in the 80's, Maripol found him a position as a corduroy salesman at Fiorucci's, that store was the place to be then, there he befriended another salesman : legendary drag artist Joey Arias, he had his own friends downtown.

That book was a mistake but he had to tell his truth, even though his truth is not our truth or even the truth, and it was not so bad on Madonna, what must have hurt is the break of trust. In it it feels like he felt abandonned by Madonna after she had children and married Guy, he has conflicted feelings through the pages, he got intoxicated with Madonna's lifestyle, he benefited from, and befriended people who wanted to be friends with Madonna and he was the next best thing because she is not into hanging out in clubs with celebrities. He sometimes appeared entitled and you felt sorry for him because it felt like he saw his own mother in Madonna and kind of gave her that role, which is creepy and heartbreaking,  if he wanted to get back into her good graces writing this book was not it and the timing was bad as well, a few months later Guy was out of the picture and he would have get back in for sure. But that break from her was necessary because he needed to become his own person and a shrink would say it was his way of "killing" Madonna like some "kill" their father or mother to emancipate from them.

His video for Tony Bennett & Billie Holiday

His website with all his other ventures including pics of the incredible house interiors he did for Madonna

This is so heartbreaking. A tough double blow, and right at a time when new music was in the works.

Honestly, those who can criticize Christopher at a time like this not only need to grow up, but they also didn’t know him, didn’t read his book, don’t know Madonna well enough, and probably can't even call themselves real fans.

May he rest in peace 🖤

7 minutes ago, Bermu said:

Honestly, those who can criticize Christopher at a time like this not only need to grow up, but they also didn’t know him, didn’t read his book, don’t know Madonna well enough, and probably can't even call themselves real fans.

So now you giving card who's the real fan & who's not & I read his book, you people are going to far, and don't attack me, because you know nothing about me and what i feel.