Christopher Ciccone has passed away

Redha DBL

6 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yeah well... LOL... I am not relying on Dailyfail.  But thanks!  I guess what I really meant is if they knew in advance he was dying, specifically that day.  Was he able to attend the funeral or did he die before that?  Of course, no one knows that and we may never find out, but I'm just sorta curious. 

That's also what I meant too, because I had been thinking the same. Still, I thought I'd share the article 

3 minutes ago, Crazy For M said:

That's also what I meant too, because I had been thinking the same. Still, I thought I'd share the article 

Totally get ya! :luv: And thanks for mention of the article.  And it appears a follow up post, shows Joe and Melanie were there when he passed.  I'm just curious how all this played out especially being the day of his Step Mother's funeral.  :sad:

Madonna just posted this on IG:

"My brother Christopher is gone.
He was the closest human to me for so long
Its hard to explain our bond
But it grew out of an understanding that we were different and society was going to give us a hard time for not following the status quo.
We took each other‘s hands and we danced through the madness of our childhood
In fact dance was a kind of superglue that held us together.
Discovering Dance in our small Midwestern town saved me and then my brother came along, and it saved him too
My ballet Teacher, also named Christopher- created a safe space for my brother to be Gay.
a word that was not spoken or even whispered where we lived.
When I finally got the courage to go to New York to become a Dancer.
My brother followed.
And again we took each other’s hands, and we danced through the madness of New York City!
We devoured Art and Music And Film like hungry animals
we were in the epicenter of all of these things exploding.
We danced through the madness of the AIDS epidemic.
We went to funerals and we cried, and we went dancing. We danced together on stage in the beginning of my career and eventually, he became my the Creative. Director, of many tours. When it came to good taste, my brother was the Pope, and you had to kiss the ring to get his blessing.
We defied the Roman Catholic Church,
The Police, the Moral Majority and all Authority figures that got in the way of Artistic freedom!
My brother was right by my side.
He was a painter a poet and a visionary.
I admired him. He had impeccable taste. And a sharp tongue, Which he sometimes used against me but I always forgave him.
We soared the highest heights together
And floundered in the lowest lows.
Somehow, we always found each other again and We held hands and we kept dancing.
The last few years have not been easy
We did not speak for sometime but
When my brother got sick. We found our way back to each other.
I did my best to keep him alive as long as possible.
He was in so much pain towards the end
Once again, we held hands We closed our eyes and we danced.Together.
I’m glad he’s not suffering anymore.
There will never be anyone like him.
I know he’s dancing somewhere."

4 hours ago, Crazy For M said:

My final comment on this: His own timing was bad because it created speculation the family didn't need until they were ready to announce it. It wasn't his place and he knew what he was doing. 

Matthew didn’t say a word.

He posted pics that you drew your own conclusions on.

When I first saw them, DEATH did not even go through my mind.

Let’s not blame Matthew for posting pictures. 

4 hours ago, Madvox said:

It's so rude to write such a thing!

What’s rude? You reading into my comment as if I implied it’s only a relative of Madonna that we shouldn’t care?

Because that’s not what I said or meant, but thanks for bringing the negativity. 

Just now, Boombox90 said:

Not only did he do this but look at what he did since. Posting a story from someone saying he's the only authority on Christopher Ciccone and then taking a funeral home video for Joan, editing the Madonna parts, putting TUTBMP over it and saying it's ok because it's public and these are exclusive pics. He makes me wanna vomit, he's gross, that's sociopathic behaviour. 

6 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Not only did he do this but look at what he did since. Posting a story from someone saying he's the only authority on Christopher Ciccone and then taking a funeral home video for Joan, editing the Madonna parts, putting TUTBMP over it and saying it's ok because it's public and these are exclusive pics. He makes me wanna vomit, he's gross, that's sociopathic behaviour. 

I don’t know anything about that.

Im just talking about people being mad that a Madonna fan, not insider, posted pics of Madonna with her brother and other fans ran with it.

He was posting pics because he knew, but also knew it wasn’t his place to announce it.

I do not know this person, this is just my take away from it.

Lets focus on Christopher and Madonna now.

But it grew out of an understanding that we were different and society was going to give us a hard time for not following the status quo.
Discovering Dance in our small Midwestern town saved me and then my brother came along, and it saved him too
My ballet Teacher, also named Christopher- created a safe space for my brother to be Gay.
My brother followed.
And again we took each other’s hands, and we danced through the madness of New York City!
We went to funerals and we cried, and we went dancing. We danced together on stage in the beginning of my career and eventually, he became my the Creative. Director, of many tours. When it came to good taste, my brother was the Pope, and you had to kiss the ring to get his blessing.
The Police, the Moral Majority and all Authority figures that got in the way of Artistic freedom!
I admired him. He had impeccable taste. And a sharp tongue, Which he sometimes used against me but I always forgave him.
Somehow, we always found each other again and We held hands and we kept dancing.

Sad Animation GIF by Holler Studios

15 minutes ago, Boombox90 said:

Excuse me, but apart from when I said to another member that at first I did think something may have happened after seeing one of Matthew's posts and then thinking maybe it's a hint at them possibly collaborating again, I didn't automatically assume Christopher had died like others did. I waited until something more official had come out.

I want to add that I'm not mad at him, so please don't assume that I am, if you are (I'm not that sort of fan). I just felt the way he did it was wrong because he did start the speculation when he could have waited to post those pictures until the news had been published elsewhere and not try to be the 'first'. He himself said he expected it to have been announced soon after he had found out, but he didn't wait until it was.

He didn't need to say a word because disabling comments and being unable to answer fans who asked if Christopher was OK, did it for him.

4 minutes ago, Crazy For M said:

Excuse me, but apart from when I said to another member that at first I did think something may have happened after seeing one of Matthew's posts and then thinking maybe it's a hint at them possibly collaborating again, I didn't automatically assume Christopher had died like others did. I waited until something more official had come out.

I want to add that I'm not mad at him, so please don't assume that I am, if you are (I'm not that sort of fan). I just felt the way he did it was wrong because he did start the speculation when he could have waited to post those pictures until the news had been published elsewhere and not try to be the 'first'. He himself said he expected it to have been announced soon after he had found out, but he didn't wait until it was.

He didn't need to say a word because disabling comments and being unable to answer fans who asked if Christopher was OK, did it for him.

I wasn’t directing my thoughts to you.

I was just saying people are mad that a huge Madonna fan found out Christopher has passed away and as a fan, posted pics in remembrance and turned off comments because he probably knew he wasn’t the one that should be announcing his death.

A lot of fans ran with that and accused Matthew of awful things when all he did was post pictures.

He isn’t an insider and he doesn’t need to tell us anything.

He gained nothing by posting tribute pics. He’s a fan, nothing more.

44 minutes ago, Adonna said:

My brother followed.

Very sad, I hope Madonna will be alright, I know she's strong, but her heart must be broken :cry:

46 minutes ago, Adonna said:

My brother followed.

One of the most beautiful and lovely tributes Madonna has ever written. My heart goes out to them all!