Celebration Tour 1 Year Anniversary

BLUE JEAN

On 10/13/2024 at 9:14 AM, BLUE JEAN said:

Tomorrow marks 1 year since the incredible Celebration Tour opened in London! This tour was imo extra special for us fans not just because it was a 40th anniversary celebration but because of Madonna's NDE that preluded it. What a crazy year to be a Madonna fan it was! And now to learn what was happening with Chris just makes it extra special as she paid tribute to so much of the work they did together in the show.

To celebrate I have uploaded a new montage I have made of Vogue on the European leg, featuring (almost) every ballroom guest judge and all the different corsets. I will also be posting a few other things this week including the poll results from the poll we did aggges ago.

I encourage everyone here to also share their memories and other videos and photos of the Celebration tour :heart:

(Mods @ChrisK @RUADJAI , pleaaase don't put this in the dead Celebration section for at least the next week.)

Thank YOU for making this thread! 🥰

On 10/13/2024 at 11:16 PM, NRMX said:

Ohhhh this is a good place to tell you all about the scientific article I was writing about her brand, her brand value and equity after the Celebration Tour, in short:

The article was submitted and it came back with observations, there always are when it isn’t rejected, i have to make the revisions and send it back November 15th. 

Fingers crossed it’ll be my first article in English and Madonna related for a scientific indexed magazine!!! 

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Pedro?

1 hour ago, Dazedmadonna said:

4 Minutes, Back That Up, Candy Shop, Music were all performed on the dance-off act, Sorry was in interlude (as shown here) and then there’s also Oh Father (similar thing to In This Life) which were all discarded after the health scare, plus many others rehearsed like Hold Tight (DCFMA part), Ghosttown, TPOG etc.

Where was Sorry in the set list?

2 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

and then there’s also Oh Father (similar thing to In This Life) which were all discarded after the health scare

Oh, sorry I really need to be sure about this :lol: do you mean Oh Father was just a recorded snippet like ITL or that she rehearsed and discarded both Oh Father and In this life?

2 hours ago, NRMX said:

Im right behind Akerlund 🤣🤣🤣🤣

IMG-8070.jpg 

Yeah by the way, this man his taking his time uh? Truth is that the more time passes by the more I get preoccupied for the video release effects and overediting. Now I know we are in good hands with him and that probably the thing is ready just waiting for the right timing to be released, but fuck ... there could still be her notes: "the NOTES!" :smokey: 

:lol:  we've been hurt so much by MDNA, RH and MX that it's a thrilling wait to say the least. 

My top 5 favorite Celebration Tour performances are 

1 Live to Tell 

2 Nothing Really Matters 

3 Bedtime Story/ Ray of Light 

( i always watch this as one performance because that transition is so iconic)

4 Like a Prayer 

5 Open Your Heart. 

But i love all the others to, except Erotica and Justify My Love performances, why are these two so populair? I love both songs but their performances where a bit boring imo... 

I've got to say, this is her greatest tour ever.

What she did by crafting together a biographical narrative into a pop concert to tell her life story, is so groundbreaking and daring. This will be studied and referenced for yrs to come. I guarantee every pop girl in the game will try to replicate this when they get to this stage in their career.

Ever since I saw this concert at MSG night 1, i've been obsessed. It speaks to me so loudly. I love dissecting and investigating the symbolism all through out the show.

symbol1.png.eb8edba48c54a8c4c4c9abaf96737f3c.png

47 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I've got to say, this is her greatest tour ever.

What she did by crafting together a biographical narrative into a pop concert to tell her life story, is so groundbreaking and daring. This will be studied and referenced for yrs to come. I guarantee every pop girl in the game will try to replicate this when they get to this stage in their career.

Ever since I saw this concert at MSG night 1, i've been obsessed. It speaks to me so loudly. I love dissecting and investigating the symbolism all through out the show.

symbol1.png.eb8edba48c54a8c4c4c9abaf96737f3c.png

Msg is one of my favorite nights..

5 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

4 Minutes, Back That Up, Candy Shop, Music were all performed on the dance-off act, Sorry was in interlude (as shown here) and then there’s also Oh Father (similar thing to In This Life) which were all discarded after the health scare, plus many others rehearsed like Hold Tight (DCFMA part), Ghosttown, TPOG etc.

Which part was the dance off act? Or was that whole act dropped? 

1 hour ago, NRMX said:

Making the show shorter or they added the finale as we know it afterwards that section being removed?

The show shorter yeah, the finale was always like that. Back in June, it was Like a Virgin/BIM/TPOG.. then TPOG was cut.

The danceoff act was cut because it required too much dancing and there was no time for rehearsals as Madonna was not in the best shape at first, understandbly.

Loved how she pulled through and delivered with this tour! Loved seeing it front row at the catwalk and making eye contact on Dallas night 1. The only downside was having 'Take a Bow' versus 'Rain' (I hope one day to hear the latter live) but she looked good, the collection of hits, (EROTICA live was perfection) and some songs finally getting their shine!

21 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

The show shorter yeah, the finale was always like that. Back in June, it was Like a Virgin/BIM/TPOG.. then TPOG was cut.

The danceoff act was cut because it required too much dancing and there was no time for rehearsals as Madonna was not in the best shape at first, understandbly.

TPOG would have thrown fans into fan theories for years of this tour being her last one. Thank goodness she took it out 

31 minutes ago, Ayham said:

One year and yet no official tour book or any kind of physical form from the tour… someone needs to learn how it’s done…

her tour is not yet over… lucky fans.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DBJOdsau9Er/?igsh=OWJ3d2wwanBpd2Vo

Taylor is such a role model 

Soccer Fail GIF

She could also deliver the Madame X anthology with 36 tracks in the vein of Killers, Batuka and Extreme Occident