Madonna’s silence on the US election

BLUE JEAN

28 minutes ago, Debord said:

What relevance does that have to the genocide happening in Gaza?

Well what relevance does a woman being abused in a cage have to do with it? Nothing, that’s what. I was going to explain why but your response makes it clear you have no interest in an actual discussion and just want to “win” arguments on a pop star fan forum. 

1 minute ago, BLUE JEAN said:

Well what relevance does a woman being abused in a cage have to do with it? Nothing, that’s what. I was going to explain why but your response makes it clear you have no interest in an actual discussion and just want to “win” arguments on a pop star fan forum. 

It was a metaphor, raised in response to another, very inappropriate, metaphor. Please do better than this tedious nonsense that I only profess to care about this for appearances and/or "to win", a line beloved of reactionaries everywhere who can't comprehend people caring about things that they don't care about.

If you have some sincere and meaningful argument as to why where I live might be very important here, you can make it. I've said where I live several times on this forum but I'm not volunteering it right now cos I suspect it's just going to be some tedious whataboutery from someone who doesn't really care but is looking to pass some time, rather than a sincere argument.

9 minutes ago, Debord said:

It was a metaphor, raised in response to another, very inappropriate, metaphor. Please do better than this tedious nonsense that I only profess to care about this for appearances and/or "to win", a line beloved of reactionaries everywhere who can't comprehend people caring about things that they don't care about.

If you have some sincere and meaningful argument as to why where I live might be very important here, you can make it. I've said where I live several times on this forum but I'm not volunteering it right now cos I suspect it's just going to be some tedious whataboutery from someone who doesn't really care but is looking to pass some time, rather than a sincere argument.

Well your analogy basically insinuates that the Israeli people are all responsible for what is happening. And I can’t understand that logic. It’s like saying all Americans were responsible for the people killed in the Iraq war.

Just now, BLUE JEAN said:

Well your analogy basically insinuates that the Israeli people are all responsible for what is happening. And I can’t understand that logic. It’s like saying all Americans were responsible for the people killed in the Iraq war. 

As for me arguing with you for the sake of it, why would I put myself through that? :laughing:

No, my argument specifically referenced that that majority of Israeli people actively support what's happening. I didn't say they were responsible by dint of being Israeli, I was referring to polls that show this. Did any polls show that "all Americans" supported Iraq?

2 minutes ago, Debord said:

No, my argument specifically referenced that that majority of Israeli people actively support what's happening. I didn't say they were responsible by dint of being Israeli, I was referring to polls that show this. Did any polls show that "all Americans" supported Iraq?

Are they not largely blind sighted by propaganda?

And yes, maybe not all or most, but a majority of Americans were in favour of that war earlier on.

And yes, maybe not all or most, but a majority of Americans were in favour of that war earlier on.

Why would a populace accepting propaganda excuse anything? And you wrote "all Americans" but if even a majority supported Iraq (which wasn't a genocide) they were wrong. So what is your deeply felt point here? It is very much looking like what I said: that you're bored and looking to have a little debate over a genocide you don't really care about.

1 minute ago, Debord said:

Why would a populace accepting propaganda excuse anything? And you wrote "all Americans" but if even a majority supported Iraq (which wasn't a genocide) they were wrong. So what is your deeply felt point here? It is very much looking like what I said: that you're bored and looking to have a little debate over a genocide you don't really care about.

I was not debating the point you were making, I was simply saying your analogy was not much better than the one you were dismissing. Try again.

I was not debating the point you were making, I was simply saying your analogy was not much better than the one you were dismissing. Try again.

What relevance does the Israeli population's support have to that analogy? That's a different argument. If you have some issue with the analogy, then explain what the issue is.

14 minutes ago, BLUE JEAN said:

Not me!

I am anti-war.

That war Bush got us in was a disaster. Going after a country that didn’t attack us. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I would take Bush any day over Trump. I never thought I’d say that. Sad.