Madonna’s silence on the US election

BLUE JEAN

Just now, BLUE JEAN said:

I don’t think you really understand the purpose of a discussion forum and opening threads.

I don't call this a conversation.

You're only here to police the thread and drive your opponents out of it because you only want to debate your point of view, aka propaganda.

2 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Only for those who think this is a conversation. As I wrote before, we all know where Madonna stands, the question needn't be asked to begin with.

The question wasn’t where does she stand, the question was why hasn’t she posted about it. It’s two very different things.

2 minutes ago, Debord said:

So let's break it! Do you admire when Madonna speaks up about political issues you care about?

I really don’t care. If she feels like she should, then she should.

Is Beyonce going to make anyone change their mind and vote? No. I don’t think celebrity endorsements matter much, but as tax-paying American citizens I think they have the right to come out and support who they want.

1 minute ago, Boombox90 said:

Is Beyonce going to make anyone change their mind and vote? No. I don’t think celebrity endorsements matter much, but as tax-paying American citizens I think they have the right to come out and support who they want.

So Madonna's engagement with political issues over the past decades doesn't mean anything to you? I mean, her support for the LGBTQ community has very much been a political issue. Do you admire that?

Just now, BLUE JEAN said:

I haven’t driven anyone out :laughing:

you don't seem to realize that the very poor quality of what's being discussed here can actually drive people away. 

very very very very obnoxious methods.

such a waste of time.

so sad to see this forum turn into a cesspool of russian trolls.

2 minutes ago, Boombox90 said:

I don’t think it’s about that. It’s about inspiring people who may not be bothered voting to go out and do it.

Just now, Debord said:

So Madonna's engagement with political issues over the past decades doesn't mean anything to you? I mean, her support for the LGBTQ community has very much been a political issue. Do you admire that?

I don’t care. Why are you trying to argue with everyone? :laughing:

She doesn’t have to tell anyone who she is supporting. I think it’s pretty clear who she is not supporting.

3 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

you don't seem to realize that the very poor quality of what's being discussed here can actually drive people away. 

very very very very obnoxious methods.

such a waste of time.

so sad to see this forum turn into a cesspool of russian trolls.

Because I don’t care. Complain to the mods, not me. I can’t help you with your problems.

Just now, PlayPause said:

reminder : being a taxpayer doesn't have anything to do with the vote. You need to ba a legal citizen to vote, no matter how much you make.

K.

As an American Citizen everyone has the right to come out and say who they are voting for just like they have the right to not tell us who they are voting for and the right to simply not vote.

Just now, Boombox90 said:

I don’t care. Why are you trying to argue with everyone? :laughing:

She doesn’t have to tell anyone who she is supporting. I think it’s pretty clear who she is not supporting.

I'm having a discussion. I didn't ask about her saying who she's supporting, I asked about her engagement with politics. But OK, you don't care about Madonna's support for LGBTQ people, that's instructive. Does it bother you that many fans do care about it?

1 minute ago, Debord said:

I'm having a discussion. I didn't ask about her saying who she's supporting, I asked about her engagement with politics. But OK, you don't care about Madonna's support for LGBTQ people, that's instructive. Does it bother you that many fans do care about it?

When did I say I didn’t care? :laughing:

Everyone has the right to care or not to care.

1 minute ago, Boombox90 said:

When did I say I didn’t care? :laughing:

Everyone has the right to care or not to care.

Umm...you literally wrote "I don't care". Are you quite alright?

If people can care and that doesn't bother you, what point are you trying to make in this thread?

Just now, Debord said:

Umm...you literally wrote "I don't care". Are you quite alright?

If people can care and that doesn't bother you, what point are you trying to make in this thread?

Ummm… stop gaslighting people.

Ummm…. Quote me where I typed ‘I don’t care what someone thinks about LGBTQRS people’

And I thought was argumentative. My God. 🤦🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, PlayPause said:

then why do you behave like you police the place ffs?

As far as I’m aware, I’m following the forum rules. If you don’t like the way I engage with you, report it to the mods or put me on ignore. It seems to be a “you” issue though.

Just now, Boombox90 said:

Ummm… stop gaslighting people.

Ummm…. Quote me where I typed ‘I don’t care what someone thinks about LGBTQRS people’

And I thought was argumentative. My God. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Jesus Christ. Scroll up. You wrote "I don't care" in response to that exact question. Gaslighting is lying about stuff like that, not repeating what someone has actually written back to them.