Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2016/08/24/taylor-swifts-live-concert-audio-team-working-on-madonnas-rebel-heart-tour-dvd/

I have not watched a Taylor Swift DVD but it's gotta be a good sign right? :mama010:

Its a FANTASTIC thing, that thing in terms of audio has a great balance between audience and mic/playback. Patches some of the holes in some of Taylor's weak vocal spots but doesn't over do it a la SST.

mmmm thanks for posting. Digital cameras. Hope the quality is consistent on RHT unlike MDNA Tour. Also only 1080i HD, sounds cost effective tbh :thinker: but better than nothing.

The quality of MDNA was down to the fact that the Miami show that was recorded in HD was hardly used and the used footage I think was it not from like 50 or 60 different shows?

That Madonnarama article is just reproducing the same information from the other website, and it doesn't say who is mixing or mastering the audio, so the article title is misleading. That company just recorded the live multitrack by the looks of it, which then needs to be processed to create the final master for the show. Who will do the audio mix, we don't know, but I kinda would be surprised if it isn't the same people who have been doing the mixing and mastering for all her latest projects. 

The quality of MDNA was down to the fact that the Miami show that was recorded in HD was hardly used and the used footage I think was it not from like 50 or 60 different shows?

It still should be HD though, not to mention the color correction and fake grain downgraded the quality by A BIT ... the leaked Stade De France footage looks great, sharp and vivid. They had plenty of material to work with from every show without resorting to hand held cellphone potato footage for the artsy value of blurry floating pixels and digital artifacts like we in some kind of matrix that is breaking down because neo was escaping the reality where madonna's tours dvds have high production values. :thinker: ok I made myself snort im stupid

Well for the time being I will take these mixed messages as sign of it not being Mr. Roboto - should be left to Styx.  :Madonna003:

I have a feeling the DVD will be better than MDNA. So just putting that out there as a disclaimer im not judging the DVD before seeing it and im also encouraged that Nathan Rissman is back cos S&S was not bad.

I have a feeling the DVD will be better than MDNA. So just putting that out there as a disclaimer im not judging the DVD before seeing it and im also encouraged that Nathan Rissman is back cos S&S was not bad.

S&S wasn't bad visually or those vocals? on the DVD and album they are so processed you could label it fast food cheese.  :angel:

Shouldn't blame the director or the sound engineers. Madonna's concert videos are the one thing she has absolute final approval of. She is responsible, and frankly, the vocals that we have had on recent tour releases are testament to her insecurities. Again, just an opinion, but if her soundboard vocals were properly mixed, they might not sound perfect as she is often a bit flat live, but they would certainly make the live performances captured on film seem much more authentic. When I was a kid I thought the WTG tour vocals were an abomination. Sounded like she had an apple in her mouth and throat all the time. Now they sound classic, and her voice was never as athletic again, and so things should be delivered as close to authenticity as possible. Time takes care of the rest. Probably why our culture in general is so stupid and grotesque now. It's all so homogenized. 

To be fair I was there at the S&S taping and there was no way they could salvage some of those vocals. She was literally screaming off key the lyrics to Borderline, her voice was very tired by the end of the tour and the vocals were too high pitched making it difficult for her. Still those re-recorded vocals were so obviously unrealistic that I'm not sure how she thought she could pass that off as real...  :thinker: but a lot of the vocals on the DVD actually sound good though, we only notice they're fake on some of them because we can literally hear the real vocal's reverb on one of the side channels...

I don't blame directors for audio issues, even though they should've pointed out those problems to her, but for the rest? I mean how can you not...  :thinker: the MDNA Tour director wasn't experienced and it shows, it's not hate because I'm sure he put a lot of effort but Jonas Akerlund is such a great artist, he knows how to pull all the elements together in a slick and polished way, some would argue his stuff is over-edited but it's still so slick. confessions tour won a Grammy, speaks for itself.

I'm pretty sure they are not going to pull another I'm Going To Tell You A Secret to piss off the fans with not releasing the full show. The bad press would hurt her future tours, really.

Also M was clearly trying to keep her touring audience strong with the RHT setlist so heavy in 80's hits.  She knows she can't keep filling seats with a show too new material-heavy at this point in her career.  The concert will get a release as a way to promote her next & any other future tours.