Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

Nathan Rissman and Danny Tull are directing the the Rebel Heart Tour DVD

Danny has worked with M for a number of years editing many of her music videos ("4 Minutes", "Give It 2 Me", "Celebration", "Give Me All Your Luvin'", "Girl Gone Wild", "Living for Love", "Ghosttown", "Bitch I'm Madonna") as well as working on her concert videos: The Confessions Tour (Editor), Sticky and Sweet Tour (Associate director/editor) and MDNA World Tour (Director/editor). He also worked on many of the back screen projections for the tours. Danny also edited the documentary I Am Because We Are (2008), the feature film W.E  and in 2013, he edited her 17-minute filmsecretprojectrevolution.

On July 26, 2012, Tull also directed and edited Madonna Live at Paris Olympia show which was broadcast live on YouTube

Danny has worked with M for a number of years editing many of her music videos ("4 Minutes", "Give It 2 Me", "Celebration", "Give Me All Your Luvin'", "Girl Gone Wild", "Living for Love", "Ghosttown", "Bitch I'm Madonna") as well as working on her concert videos: The Confessions Tour (Editor), Sticky and Sweet Tour (Associate director/editor) and MDNA World Tour (Director/editor). He also worked on many of the back screen projections for the tours. Danny also edited the documentary I Am Because We Are (2008), the feature film W.E and in 2013, he edited her 17-minute filmsecretprojectrevolution.

On July 26, 2012, Tull also directed and edited Madonna Live at Paris Olympia show which was broadcast live on YouTube

and Nathan?

Danny has worked with M for a number of years editing many of her music videos ("4 Minutes", "Give It 2 Me", "Celebration", "Give Me All Your Luvin'", "Girl Gone Wild", "Living for Love", "Ghosttown", "Bitch I'm Madonna") as well as working on her concert videos: The Confessions Tour (Editor), Sticky and Sweet Tour (Associate director/editor) and MDNA World Tour (Director/editor). He also worked on many of the back screen projections for the tours. Danny also edited the documentary I Am Because We Are (2008), the feature film W.E  and in 2013, he edited her 17-minute filmsecretprojectrevolution.

On July 26, 2012, Tull also directed and edited Madonna Live at Paris Olympia show which was broadcast live on YouTube

Wow, about editing, I must say, the only thing I really appreciate and enjoy among all that is The Confessions Tour, some Sticky and Sweet and I am because we are (but it's a completely different kind of project). I think that what didn't help the gorgeously conceived Ghosttown video to properly excel was just the editing (it still remains her best video in the last ten years anyway  :heart:). 

Also M was clearly trying to keep her touring audience strong with the RHT setlist so heavy in 80's hits. She knows she can't keep filling seats with a show too new material-heavy at this point in her career. The concert will get a release as a way to promote her next & any other future tours.

She can fill seats based on her name alone. Most ppl that go to see her don't even know the setlist. She did this for good reviews. Her next tour will hopefully be less 80's heavy.

This is so funny! For years her fans were begging for her to revisit her 80s music. She does and now it's all about the 90s and 00s. Contrarianism is built into the Madonna fan equation.

For me I loved that I got to experience that, I'm looking forward to theNedt tour being different. In the same way that MDNA was different from RHT.

Lol, i love D&D, but in the context I believe that the music didnt work. D & D its a SO strong music, and is always badly used. Only in GS they gave the right garb for music.

My opinion:

"Iconic" - Nice backdrop, nice song for the opening... bad and lazy choreography

"Bitch I'm Madonna" - wtf? Non sense... no connection... all wrong

"Burning Up" (Rock Version) - I like it....

"Holy Water" / "Vogue" - HW was better than the original, cool choreography, but Vogue, the vocals in low key make me sad....

"Devil Pray" - the best song from RH for me, i expected so much from this ....and.... boring. She could make a LOT from this and made some trash presentation

"Messiah" - Beautiful

"Body Shop" - trash , dated, boring

"True Blue" - fan song... i like it

"Deeper and Deeper" - Unnecessary

"HeartBreakCity" / "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" - The best part for me

"Like A Virgin" - I kinda like it, but.... not so impressive

SEX - Wtf? Big song with "that" backdrop and choreography? She can do it better

"Living For Love" - boring

"La Isla Bonita" - boring again

Flamengo Medley - Confused....

"Dress You Up"

"Into the Groove"

"Everybody"

"Lucky Star"

"Who's That Girl" - She could only have put this on e in place of whole medley

"Rebel Heart" - Theme song... i like it

Illuminati" - It seems that will be cool when we can watch the official edition .

"Music"/"Give It 2 Me" - Boring

"Candy Shop" - Why God, Why?

"Material Girl" - I don't like it...

"La Vie en Rose" - Hmmm.... for one single concert ok, for the whole tour dates, no.

"Unapolegetic Bitch" - Nice song, nice beat....choreography and through simulations kind embarrass me

"Holiday" - boring

You never did answer... Did. You. Attend?

What does it matter if someone attended or not?  :thinker: The show is the same every night so you can get a pretty good idea of something by listening and watching bootlegs of how everything works together. 

I love S&S because I attended it, my perception is totally coloured by the experience of being there. But I don't really think that tour is that great when being objective...

Same in the opposite I never attended BAT and I know it's great because I watched recordings of it which don't even do it justice.

But the difference is the hype. It isn't 2013 anymore... where all the bitches were ripping their hearts out to get some headlines and sell records. Anyway, I really doubt Madonna's worried about overshadowing others' releases or being the subject of it, ain't that Gaga's main publicity style? LOL M's on a whole different league  :lol:

Whatever happened to gagas Artrave Blu-Ray/DVD ? Still surprised that never released ?

What does it matter if someone attended or not?  :thinker: The show is the same every night so you can get a pretty good idea of something by listening and watching bootlegs of how everything works together. 

I love S&S because I attended it, my perception is totally coloured by the experience of being there. But I don't really think that tour is that great when being objective...

Same in the opposite I never attended BAT and I know it's great because I watched recordings of it which don't even do it justice.

Same here - sadly i only ever attended GS tour in Wembley 93 -  was so desperate to see BA - even entered competitions to get tickets but didnt win - my main problems with all her tours post DWT - is the sound ? Not enough live instruments - too much backing tracks

my main problems with all her tours post DWT - is the sound ? Not enough live instruments - too much backing tracks

i'd say her last tour with "real" sound was the Drowned World or the Re-Invention tours.

just today  was thinking about this... I thought of Mylène Farmer's Timeless show, and the amazing band she played with. you guys should really watch that tour, because the stage is so simple and yet so amazing, her shows are really on M's level.

i'd say her last tour with "real" sound was the Drowned World or the Re-Invention tours.

just today  was thinking about this... I thought of Mylène Farmer's Timeless show, and the amazing band she played with. you guys should really watch that tour, because the stage is so simple and yet so amazing, her shows are really on M's level.

But Mylene's real live voice was truly off, and the live band sort of made it even more obvious. 

Forgive me for saying this here, it's not relative to the DVD, but we have been talking a lot about the tour in general in this thread, so I thought I'd put it here.

I have been giving some thought to the "Rockabilly" section of the tour, which I've noticed has been highly criticized on here for the inclusion of the disco-themed Deeper and Deeper; for me the section isn't really "Rockabilly" but "Americana" with each song representing eras in American history and music. True Blue represents girl-group pop of the 60's, Deeper and Deeper represents the disco era of the 70's, the original version of Love Don't Live Here Anymore was released by Rose Royce in 1978, and Like A Virgin represents synth-pop of the 80s. Body Shop and HeartBreakCity may seem like outliers if you accept this theory, but I think that Body Shop with its automobile references could be a nod to her birthplace outside of Detroit and where the auto industry is based. As for the HeartBreakCity/LDLHA medley, perhaps this too could be a nod to something in Madonna's personal history; as I mentioned, the original LDLHA was released in 1978, which is the same year that Madonna left college for New York, a time during which she was raped, so perhaps the medley serves to signify the vulnerability one might feel after such an event. 

Whatever happened to gagas Artrave Blu-Ray/DVD ? Still surprised that never released ?

I think it only got an online broadcast by Yahoo! Anyway, the show was crap so I believe she was embarrased to release THAT.

Back to the topic:

I still think there's no sense on overthinking about what the "Rebel Heart tour could have been". Dudes, the tour finished just 5 months ago and it's the ULTIMATE statement of what Madonna represents TODAY. Blond Ambition was great for its time and it still is a mandatory reference if you're thinking of putting on a live show. But Madonna CHANGED and does it all the time. The Madonna we saw at the S&S was a woman acting out like the divorce wasn't affecting her but in reality it did... Otherwise we wouldn't have witnessed all the bitchiness at MDNA despite her so quoted "journey from darkness to light". The Rebel Heart Tour was her surrender to who she really is, no pretentious attitude, a very low percentage of bitchiness, and most importantly there were so many opportunities to improvise, especially in the acoustic segment.

Guys, did you see her rendition of Open Your Heart?

This was truly an unbelievable Madonna moment! No patterns. Just her and HER music!!!